It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo caught on security camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
did a search found no other posts

earler this week what looks like a ufo exploding was recorded on a security camera in south carolina,looks quite interesting meteor?
what do we think?

news.gather.com...

A streaking flash of blue light, what many witnesses are calling a UFO, burst over the midnight skies of South Carolina early on Monday morning. What was it? No one really knows, but the object, caught on tape, has astronomers trying to allay fears in a nervous public.

The unidentified flying object was caught on a home security cam, reflected in the window of a parked car, and a nighttime sky camera which showed the UFO blasting through the sky trailed by a flashing tail.

Local astronomers were immediately consulted and tried to allay public fears by saying the OVNI was probably a comet or meteorite, even though such celestial phenomenon are usually well-known and expected by the time an object of this size burns up in the atmosphere.

Please do not post a link to a video without a good summary of what is in the video. Not everyone can view videos, yet want to participate in the discussion.

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on February 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: added summary and T&C

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Kind of hard to tell exactly what it is...

Until we have physical evidence, there's no telling what it was. You can speculate all you like, but you won't have a definitive answer.

Like the police say: without a body, there's no case!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Been seeing a lot of these past week or so, "noisy" meteorites. Some are shaking people's walls. If they are meteorites, they must be pretty large to be causing atmospheric booms to the point of shaking homes.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah Im really not convinced its an Alien craft.. But I also heard a loud boom in Rhode Island about 2 am one night.. shook my windows and my dog jumped up.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Kind of hard to tell exactly what it is...

Like the police say: without a body, there's no case!

I agree with your first statement, it looks meteor-like to me though.

As for the second, at least a couple of murderers believed it, but erroneously. They were still convicted.
John George Haight (thanks WIki!) was a notable case.
Source

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

why were the local astronomers / scientists unaware of any activity on that night?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yep ..it does look like a meteor , I saw one like it several years ago when stargazing ...very impressive thing to see first hand

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Its not surprising they make a loud boom they usually are coming in pretty fast way faster than Mach1.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Here is another view of it from a local TV station plus a story on it. There is the alpha-Centaurids meteor shower going on atm. It isn't unheard of for one...or even a random stray to enter the atmosphere like this and cause a little bit of a commotion.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

yeh i saw one too
looks like this,

i described it as "super man coming to earth" lol... because i was trying to explain what i saw and it was bluish white trail and was a perfect curve coming down (like superman

a true life changing moment for me. id love to see another one ...and with someone this time...seeing it alone you just can describe it as you see it... amazing!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Two years ago, my freinds and I saw something very very similar, it was a meteor, coming in at a very strange orbit, almost parallel to the ground, cool video, im saying meteor that was mostly rocky, and exploded during entery into our atmosphere

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here are multiple other videos of this from another local TV station. It is pretty clearly a meteor in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

thanks for that link. nasa not yet responded.................hummm

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeah...both news stations checked with the weather service there who said it wasn't their area. There were waaay too many reports of this and now additional video footage for this not to have occurred. Maybe NASA is just busy getting ready for their manned trip to Mars in a few years...lol.

I've seen meteors before. It looked like this. There was a very similar sighting to this is Texas and Oklahoma a week or 2 ago. Like I said....we are currently just past the peak of the alpha-Centaurius meteor shower...but this was probably just a stray.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

whos weather area is it then.you would think the local news would know who to check with wouldnt you

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Pretty much similar meteor was filmed in Finland few weeks ago.

Link to youtube video: www.youtube.com...

Another video of the same event: www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-2-2012 by PrimoUno because: another video link added

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

lol..i guess if it's in the sky at some point and not a plane it makes it weather...at least at first. But I guess it does fall under NASA's area. Especially if it did come from space.

Otherwise...it's just probably some locals with some really big fireworks left over from the last 4th...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

lol..i guess if it's in the sky at some point and not a plane it makes it weather...at least at first. But I guess it does fall under NASA's area. Especially if it did come from space.

Otherwise...it's just probably some locals with some really big fireworks left over from the last 4th...

Or one of those Drones that the government is flying around at night

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So this is what UFOlogy has been reduced too...

Now meteors are UFOs.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You know what I never understood? If getting to earth is such a tremendously large technological undertaking, how do UFO's crash? Shouldn't their technology be basically immune to error? I can't imagine what would happen if something went wrong at light speed. Rip a hole in the universe?

Don't get me wrong I love to think I'll meet an alien race before I die, but this part of the theory always seems crazy to me.

<<   2 >>

join