It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Bush heckled by Mother of Slain American Soldier

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hummmm, I feel that a few kind worlds will make her look more approachable, you know.

But what'd that do? And she knows that Laura Bush is only trying to look more approachable. Thus, it's not honest, thus, it's a better reason for Laura Bush to keep her mouth shut.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Going back to the subject for a moment,

Does anybody know if Mrs. Bush has made any comment about the incident with the grieving mother?

I was wondering, Mrs. Bush shows herself as a caring Lady so I am just wondering.

Thank you Marg. This is what this thread is about.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Going back to the subject for a moment,

Does anybody know if Mrs. Bush has made any comment about the incident with the grieving mother?

I was wondering, Mrs. Bush shows herself as a caring Lady so I am just wondering.

Marg: starting with your avatar - I LOVE IT! It's the best avatar you have had to date.

But on the topic I believe you are right about Laura Bush, she seems really a caring woman, but I think it's a rather sensitive topic to address with the bereaved woman. What could she possibly say that will console her? Thats the problem with this kind of siotuation it puts people in a tight spot with nowhere to go? laura can't give the woman her son back, saying sorry would be a bad political step, she can't promise to bring the other boys home. It's a really tough one - I am sure if the situation were different and the woman was just sad the response would be different.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
But on the topic I believe you are right about Laura Bush, she seems really a caring woman, but I think it's a rather sensitive topic to address with the bereaved woman. What could she possibly say that will console her? Thats the problem with this kind of siotuation it puts people in a tight spot with nowhere to go? laura can't give the woman her son back, saying sorry would be a bad political step, she can't promise to bring the other boys home. It's a really tough one - I am sure if the situation were different and the woman was just sad the response would be different.

That's exactly what I'm saying, it would make no difference, because the mother believes Bush was responsible for getting her son killed.

Plus, if Laura's intention is to paint a good picture, then it really doesn't help her.

Best to leave it be, at least for Laura.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If I were Laura I would get the womans address and send her a letter saying how sorry she is for sons death, yada yada.. the standard form letter. Im sure this would help with the healing process for this woman.
This is about all she could do.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
If I were Laura I would get the womans address and send her a letter saying how sorry she is for sons death, yada yada.. the standard form letter. Im sure this would help with the healing process for this woman.
This is about all she could do.

Would you wait until after the election? It would be real then, not just a publicity stunt.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Mynaeris,

Thanks, yours is really cute. (avatar)

Now on Mrs. Bush, I know it most be hard on her to be put on the spot because her husband is the president and the decisions he makes in behave of the nation affects her as his wife also.

And then again you are right it's not words to take away the pain of losing a child.

Yes he volunteer to serve and was his duty, but to a mother's eyes a child never grows old is always her baby.

I know, any mother in these post knows.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
marg,

Hey, I'm with mynaeris on that. You've got a great avatar. It's very sexy.

But then again, we all know I've got the best avatar!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Would you wait until after the election? It would be real then, not just a publicity stunt.

She really should just say nothing. Laura loses nothing that way. Sure, she'll probably be seen as hearless, but if she responds, before or after the election, will stir contrevorsy.

Look at it this way. She responds before the election, she gets tagged for trying a publicity stunt. She does it after, they'll ask why she waited so long.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Maybe I am really ignorant, but was'nt the original post about "Freedom of Speech" If I am not mistaken this is the very keystone of our Bill of Rights. To arrest someone for speaking out regardless of whether it was political, religous, grief, or any other reason is wrong under our Constitution.

When the "Alien and Sedition" act was passed in the late 1700's, it's sole purpose was to make speaking out against a percieved or real injustice a crime. It was wrong then and it is wrong now, but the new concept that if a person does not support this government is "aiding and abetting" the enemy is just another form of censorship.

Before some people on this board start the same arguement that I have read on almost every post they have written, let me just ask this question. If you were a person of influence, would you rescind 1. Freedom of Speech 2. Freedom of the Press 3. Freedom of Assembly. If you answered yes to any of these questions (even in time of war) then how can you justify your own arguements.

Another point I need to make is this. Our country will not collapse due to public discourse over this issue. It did not fall during Vietnam. It did not fall during the Civil War, and it will not fall now!

It wil only fall when the right of Free Speech becomes drowned out by those who think they have a cornerstone on "Patriotism, Service, and Sacrifice."

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Tomcat,

Well said. You don't arrest somebody like that. Yes, Laura Bush is Queen of America, but really, we all ahve a right to say things when we want and how we want. And personally, if found nothing wrong with the way she said it.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I am sorry for her loss, but at this time, she is using her loss to further her agenda. I think her son would be ashamed of her actions and I certainly would be if my mother acted in this way.

Probably the most appalling comment I have read from a member on this forum.

EDIT: apart from the "Kill all muslims" (etc.) comments.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemKid
Grady I'm on your side. Anyone who joined the military joined it VOLUNTARILY! There is no draft!

Most of the young joined the military because the ECONOMY SUCKS and there were NO JOBS, they were being "OUT-SOURCED". It is being told that Hitler,.... ahhh, I mean Bush is planning on ordering our Military thats served their "stint", to re-inlist right away or they will be FORCED back into service and shipped off to Iraq to fight.

As far as the "draft",...... Hitler,.... ummm,... Bush plans to put the "draft" in place as soon as the election is over ( IF the a$$ gets to keep the white house), so the "NO DRAFT" will not fly after NOV 2, 2004.

People NEED to talk to these kids that JUST turned 18, to get them registered to vote and explain to them that their vote is need to go towards voting the "Neocon's" out of office because if they don't vote,.... they may be the next to be forced"drafted" to go fight and die for Hitler 's oil, instead of having a choice in the matter.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Most of the young joined the military because the ECONOMY SUCKS and there were NO JOBS, they were being "OUT-SOURCED".

That would be the Clinton economy your refering to now wouldn't it. Believe it or not the economic down turn started in the last years of his term.

Aside from that, your just plain wrong. Most join for education benefits, family history or because they think it an honorable thing to do.

It is being told that Hitler,.... ahhh, I mean Bush is planning on ordering our Military thats served their "stint", to re-inlist right away or they will be FORCED back into service and shipped off to Iraq to fight.

Funny how you keep confusing President Bush with Adolf Hitler. Oh wait, didn't you say he was the anti-christ too? You remember, during your "revelation" on that fateful drive home from Wal-Mart? When you decided that the hurricanes were a message from God that Bush should have left a murderer like Saddam in power? So what is it Nanna? Hitler, the anti-christ or both? It is a shame that you cannot debate the issues without resorting to name calling.

Anyway to address your point, it has been and is a common practice to delay the discharge of trained personel in a time of war, and sometimes during peace time. Most understand this and will do their duty.

As far as the "draft",...... Hitler,.... ummm,... Bush plans to put the "draft" in place as soon as the election is over ( IF the a$$ gets to keep the white house), so the "NO DRAFT" will not fly after NOV 2, 2004.

As far as I know, there is only one group of people talking about a draft right now and they are all democrats! And I agree that it is a bad and unnecessary thing to do. So if any of these folks represent you, let them know how you feel.

Charles B. Rangel, - NY
Abercrombie, Neil - HI
Brown, Corrine-FL
Christensen, Donna M.-VI
Clay, Wm. Lacy-MO
Conyers, John, Jr.-MI
Cummings, Elijah E.-MD
Hastings, Alcee L.-FL
Jackson, Jesse L., Jr.-IL
Jackson-Lee, Sheila-TX
Lewis, John-GA
McDermott, Jim-WA
Moran, James P.-VA
Stark, Fortney Pete-CA
Velazquez, Nydia M.-NY

People NEED to talk to these kids that JUST turned 18, to get them registered to vote and explain to them that their vote is need to go towards voting the "Neocon's" out of office because if they don't vote,.... they may be the next to be forced"drafted" to go fight and die for Hitler 's oil, instead of having a choice in the matter.

Yes, eighteen year olds should be told to vote, and educated in the issues of the day. Unlike you though, I would prefer they make up their own minds. And I hope they discover the truth, which is about as far away from "forced"drafted" to go fight and die for Hitler 's oil" as can be.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Seth Bullock,

Be careful. The TRUTH usually does not favor your side or your opponent's side. It favors it's own side.

You all will find that out. Someday.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Kerry acted against his own nation in a very similar way. I shudder to think if he might have had WMDs at his disposal in 1971.

[edit on 04/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

Grady, you, people like you and the "swifties" need to stop trying to patronize the rest of us with BS, when it comes to John Kerry and what he said in 1971.

If anyone is interested in what "John Kerry" REALLY SAID in 1971, then take a look at the URL below. It has the ACTUAL " TESTIMONY" of John Kerry's that was in 1971.

It was WRONG for that Mother to be arrested or ANYTHING done to her for speaking her mind. So what if she was protesting the Bushies, she EARNED that right because Bush STOLED the life of her son by sending him to his DEATH for a PREREQUISITE LIE that Bush gave to EVERYONE just so BUSH'S "planned" preparation to attack Iraq could go forward as planned.

This Poor Mother DID NOTHING WRONG,....... PERIOD !!!!!!!!

www.richmond.edu...

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
[edit on 19-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Her son made the choice to go to war, there is no reason to blame President Bush for the loss of her child. If you get into an accident by driving a car who do you blame, the manufacturer? Hell no. It was your poor driving (unless it was truly an accident) that got you in the mess. I do not appreciate this woman barging in like that. No need for that.

Originally posted by dgtempe
Unless you're a mother, you will never know the bond between mother and child.

Oh, I guess this explains the abortion movement and child abuse and abandonment.

[edit on 04/9/17 by GradyPhilpott]

LOL, where are the activists now? Maybe I should barg in on an abortion taking place and yell there killing my child for example if I was the father.

Originally posted by slank
The fact that they would arrest her while she was talking with reporters shows how LOW this nation has SUNK under the Bush administration. Once the poor woman who had lost her son was out of the rally what business did they have arresting her? These are people without Souls.

Freedom of speech is being CRUSHED under the
POLICE STATE of Ashcroft and GEORGE WEASEL BUSH

All this so the privileged few like Laura Bush can dump her spiel without interuption.

Let all TRUE PATRIOTS stand up against this travesty.

This is not free speech, she unprofessionally caused a ruckus at an otherwise professional event. If she wanted to participate in the conversation she should have done so in a humanly manner and not sinking to the level of primates that most protestors do.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Her son made the choice to go to war, there is no reason to blame President Bush for the loss of her child. If you get into an accident by driving a car who do you blame, the manufacturer? Hell no. It was your poor driving (unless it was truly an accident) that got you in the mess. I do not appreciate this woman barging in like that. No need for that.

So are you stepping up to the plate to go to war Tach?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Lets not forget the REASON our current administration gave
for going to Iraq: to rid the world of WMDs.

No WMD exist in Iraq.

Both civilians *and* military families have the right to be disgusted.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join