It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Bush heckled by Mother of Slain American Soldier

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A Tip: I've found the way to beat up those here whos opinion is so against mine; what i do now is type a nasty reply, curse, and get it all off my chest, THEN i erase it and IT WORKS!

tHIS IS the only way I can cope with certain people.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You think you know more than I do, Jazzerman, but you are wrong. I have lived in the belly of the beast. You are naive and pseudo-sophisticated. You would do well to listen to my wise counsel.

First off, I never said I knew more than you. Where did you get that from? In another thread you accuse me of putting words into your mouth, and now you do the same to me even after I made a quite formal apology to you.

Also, you talk a big game, but I'm beginning to doubt your knowledge about certain things like Marxism, history, etc. because you have totally misconstrued what both I and others on here have said so that you may call us "Marxist". Using your logic it becomes clear that like you calling me a Marxist, I may also consider you a Radical Conservative if I were to misread and twist all of your statements. However, I will not digress...

"You would do well to listen to my wise counsel"...Oh yeah! Really...last time I checked you are neither Confucius nor "wise". If your councel is one that you represent on this board, such as your grave misunderstandings of terms that you throw out like a plethora of insults at its members then I would be well advised to steer clear of your council sir.

I have no idea where this "belly of the beast" stuff you spew out is coming from either. If your talking about your time at war I'm very glad that you served the country. However, I have had many relatives fight bravely in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam and they would never use it to their advantage like you do.

What makes you so wise? A man/woman that does not grow in mind as well as in age and body has grown little in either. I have seen some very young minds that are far more wise than older ones. A wise man judges according to truths and falsehoods, and calling people "Marxist" that neither follow Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, or the like and has never read "Communist Manifesto" is a false belief.

You say, "You are naive and pseudo-sophisticated." Interesting that we seem to now be getting to your real feelings. One who resorts to name calling has just proven himself unworthy of the title of "wise" in any sense of the word. Calling me "false" sophisticated, or having a sense of being sophisticated that is false is quite interesting in and of itself. You are the one that comes on this board and demands that people believe as he does, all the while calling anyone that disagree's with you Marxists, or more appropriately "neo-Bolsheviks", et al. However, by doing so you show your very own lack of sophistication in the process.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tempers are running hot today on these threads politics are such a hot subject, I just got insulted on another thread

I am so amuzed is not funny.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
I have no idea where this "belly of the beast" stuff you spew out is coming from either. If your talking about your time at war I'm very glad that you served the country. However, I have had many relatives fight bravely in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam and they would never use it to their advantage like you do.

I am not speaking of war. I am speaking of those who seem much less threatening, but use the same tactics and ideology of marxism. I admit that I use marxism in a broader sense than you, but that is because there are numerous movements afoot which draw their ideologies and tactics from classical marxism.

It's all the same--class warfare. It uses the same language of victimhood and oppression. Rich and poor, young and old, left and right, black and white, male and female, homosexual and heterosexual--the potential is endless.

I call those marxist who wittingly or unwittingly use the language and tactics. They have been influenced often without knowing because the indoctrination has become intrinsic to their education.

I'm doing you a favor, Jazzerman. I'm your best friend and you don't even know it. One day you will wake up and you will think about this crazy old fool and you will know that I spoke the truth. Just as I sometimes wake up and think of the old fools who told me the truth when I used to know everything.

[edit on 04/9/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

I am not speaking of war. I am speaking of those who seem much less threatening, but use the same tactics and ideology of marxism. I admit that I use marxism in a broader sense than you, but that is because there are numerous movements afoot which draw their ideologies and tactics from classical marxism.

It's all the same--class warfare. It uses the same language of victimhood and oppression. Rich and poor, young and old, left and right, black and white, male and female, homosexual and heterosexual--the potential is endless.

I call those marxist who wittingly or unwittingly use the language and tactics. They have been influenced often without knowing because the indoctrination has become intrinsic to their education.

I'm doing you a favor, Jazzerman. I'm your best friend and you don't even know it. One day you will wake up and you will think about this crazy old fool and you will know that I spoke the truth. Just as I sometimes wake up and think of the old fools who told me the truth when I used to know everything.

You may not believe this Grady, but I do see where you are coming from...make no mistake about that. I don't think you are an "old fool" by any sense of the word, in fact I have always been one of the few kids that loved to listen to older people tell me about their lives and experiences...which, now that I think about it is one of the reasons I became an Historian! Actually, I'm sure that the two of us would be surprised at each other as I'm sure we are both guilty of underestimating people. In fact, I would bet (dare I say it) we may actually get along in "real life", because although you may not believe this either I actually enjoy your presence on this board for the simple fact that I have to further strive to prove my points...which is one of the most precious gifts about any good debate and life itself.

One thing that my grandfather has always told me that has stuck in my mind since I was a child was "Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see." I have taken this to heart among many other things I have been told, and try to live by it as uncompromisingly as possible. Perhaps we have both been told similar things, and this is why the both of us are prone to prove our points.

Believe me Grady, our discussions may get heated at times, but I would never wish you to quit debating me. Afterall, that is what makes life interesting...Duality! Humans seem to strive on it, and at this juncture in time it is quite prevalent throughout the world.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Whence comes your wisdom, monica? When you don't support your country during times of peril, what do you call it?

I'm not saying that you necessarily want America to fall and die, but those are the stakes. Whose side are you on?

I hate to be so polar, but you know sometimes it comes down to whose side you're on, you know.

There you go again.

Yes, you are very polar, and it's incredibly worrisome. So when we don't like how something is going, we just eschew our right to protest, our responsibility to the country, and give ourselves up to the mercy of our government? Is that responsible? Is that patriotic?

Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Yes, you are very polar, and it's incredibly worrisome. So when we don't like how something is going, we just eschew our right to protest, our responsibility to the country, and give ourselves up to the mercy of our government? Is that responsible? Is that patriotic?

Didn't think so.

We don't eschew. We defer. But, this is election season and we can really expect nothing less. When it's all over, everyone has to settle down and get with the program. We can't let the outcome of the election factionalize the nation when unity is paramount.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

That was HIGH-Leh-RhEE-OOs! Funniest thing I've ready thus far today!

Seriously, that was just absurd. Talk about arrogance and ignorance.

For you sake I hope somebody actually is stupid enough to believe ANYTHING you say. I hope you find that person someday, because you're gonna need it!

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

We don't eschew. We defer. But, this is election season and we can really expect nothing less. When it's all over, everyone has to settle down and get with the program. We can't let the outcome of the election factionalize the nation when unity is paramount.

Unity? Unity?

More like subjucation, what you're talking about. "You! Stop asking questions!" Of course, it's coming from your side.

Sorry, but hey, forced unity is not unity at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You know I just read this whole page and thought to myself, "What the hell is the topic here"? Sure isn't what's being discussed.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tempers are running hot today on these threads politics are such a hot subject, I just got insulted on another thread

I am so amuzed is not funny.

Well, all it takes are a few absurd comments and boom boom boom.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I hope you find that person someday, because you're gonna need it!

Maybe you're hopeless, monica. Jazzerman sees the light and he will come to view the world as it really is. Maybe he'll remember me, maybe he won't. It's unimportant.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Maybe you're hopeless, monica. Jazzerman sees the light and he will come to view the world as it really is. Maybe he'll remember me, maybe he won't. It's unimportant.

"View the world as it really is?" Dude, you are hardly the realist and you're speaking of a fantasy right now.

If you actually read what Jazzerman, he only said he sees where you're coming from. he didn't say he agreed with you (and its a good thing he doesn't, otherwise we have a problem).

If anyone is hopeless, well, regretful to state, it is thou.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

If you actually read what Jazzerman, he only said he sees where you're coming from. he didn't say he agreed with you (and its a good thing he doesn't, otherwise we have a problem).

If anyone is hopeless, well, regretful to state, it is thou.

Agreement was never issue, monica. If you'd stop giggling for ten seconds, you might learn something, too.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Agreement was never issue, monica. If you'd stop giggling for ten seconds, you might learn something, too.

Agreement is always the issue for you. Remember, anyone who doesn't agree with the war in Iraq hates America troops!

Learn? You're talking about learning? That's profound, considering you seem to be talking about learning to see the world Gradyphilpott-style.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sweating Monica, are you intending to contribute to the discussion or just try and make smart aleck remarks? Honestly your remarks are sidetracking the discussion needlessly.

intrepid makes a valid point we are being sidetracked about the correct course of action that should have been taken at the talk by Laura Bush. I am sure many people have many questions to ask Bush, Kerry, Cheney and Edwards and potentially their wives but surely there is a more opportune moment for it. Preople at talk by Laura Bush won't take your cause to heart if you stand screaming slogans from the floor, interrupting the speaker.

I understand that she is sad and angry, but like the country she should take responsibility for not addressing the situation before he enlisted. This is becoming rather repeitive he did enlist in the military. I understand all the perks of enlisting but its high stakes, there are other options available. There are poor people out there that work out ways of going to college without enlisting, and as i stated before he didn't enlist for the education perks.

Its all so tragic. War is so tragic. Just and unjust wars.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Sweating Monica, are you intending to contribute to the discussion or just try and make smart aleck remarks? Honestly your remarks are sidetracking the discussion needlessly.

I am intending to contribute and sorry to be arrogant, but I have. Just because I am not kissing Grady's you-know-what right now does not mean I am not contributing anything.

Sidetracking started with someone else, talk to them. I'm only responding to what Grady says.

[edit on 18-9-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Going back to the subject for a moment,

Does anybody know if Mrs. Bush has made any comment about the incident with the grieving mother?

I was wondering, Mrs. Bush shows herself as a caring Lady so I am just wondering.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Going back to the subject for a moment,

Does anybody know if Mrs. Bush has made any comment about the incident with the grieving mother?

I was wondering, Mrs. Bush shows herself as a caring Lady so I am just wondering.

No, and I doubt she will. She's smart enough to know saying anything won't really make a difference.

Besides, I'm sure she's angry over it.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hummmm, I feel that a few kind worlds will make her look more approachable, you know.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join