It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Bush heckled by Mother of Slain American Soldier

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Another "politically incorrect" person showed up at a Bush Campaign Rally -- a grieving mom wearing a tee shirt saying "President Bush, you killed my son!" Her questions ("why aren't the children of politicians serving in Iraq?") were shouted down by crowd members shouting "four more years!"

You know, the children of Diana and Prince Phillip are serving in the British military forces and the children of other world leaders and politicians serve as well. But our own politicians have a history (or so it would seem) of many times buying their own children out of danger while sending in someone else's children.

www.cnn.com...

Oh yes... they arrested the soldier's mother and charged her with "criminal tresspass."

Now it's tresspassing to show up at a political rally and shout dissent. Oh yeah. That's what freedom is all about.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I admire this mother. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
Military families have every right to be ticked their kids were lied to.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Unless you're a mother, you will never know the bond between mother and child. This womans' baby was killed, she's grieving . This is what turns my stomach and fortifies my contempt for this administration. The right says this is all ok. I'm ashamed to be an American in this day and age. The devil is loose folks, alive and kicking in Washington DC and in the hearts of half of Americans.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"Come, come take a drive with me , I'll make your pain all better"

Ava Braun, ladies & Gentlemen, AVA BRaun!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here is an article about this courageous woman.
It breaks my heart to hear her say "my son died for absolutely nothing."
Ugh.

www.notinourname.net...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I feel greatly for this woman.

It should however be noted that America doesn't have forced conscription. people join the military on their own accord. And everybody knows that the military is not about going overseas and kissing babies and feeding the hungry. They join to fight wars and protect their countries. and if they kill enough other mothers children they get medals for it and they are heroes. a case in point is john Kerry shooting a teenager in Vietnam. This was some mother's child and she cried for him also. If a child signs up and goes to war in Iraq the parents are so proud of him, if he dies its all Bush's fault?

The bottomline is this war is wrong. And in an idealist society no person would ever need to join the military, but in these cases the children choose to join. Do we have the right to insist that politicians children must choose to sign up?

The war in Iraq is wrong, so is the one in the middle east, and so was the one in Vietnam, etc etc etc. Its amazing that this election is being fought about whether bush should be President because of iraq, whilst Kerry wants to show people how brave he was in Vietnam. I am sorry if this all seems clinical , I truly feel sorry for this woman. Mothers stop your children from signing up, the military is not a holiday camp.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I feel greatly for this woman.

It should however be noted that America doesn't have forced conscription. people join the military on their own accord.

Gosh.....you are missing the point!
Yes, military personnel sign up freely.
What families are angry about is that *they were lied to*.

I can understand how a 20 year old soldier would be all gung ho
after watching images of the Twin Towers imploding again and again.
They went over there thinking they were vindicating the WTC.

Now we have Colin Powell stating "it's highly unlikely WMDs will ever be found."

Well, uh....gee......
Doesn't that mean every amputee lost his arms and legs FOR NOTHING??

These families aren't angry their kids went to war, per se - they're angry
no WMD exist.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, a lot of these kids were already enlisted and chose this venue as a means to get an education, the only source for poor families.

While they knew the risks of war when they enlisted, I guess they didnt know Georges rush to invasion and senseless war was around the corner.
Shame.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The war in Iraq is about much more than Iraq, what part of that is so difficult to understand. If this war was not currently being fought in Iraq, it would simply be being fought elsewhere. Name the place you would rather it be? How about New York, that would be nice. Or maybe Canada. No, let us fight it in Britain. The Iranians, primarily, and Syrians, and Al Queda from a host of arab nations, are on Iraqi soil, fighting the "Americans".

I for one would much rather have these bastards fighting U.S. service men in Iraq, than in Maryland, or Pennsylvania, or New York.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am sure that you are right about the reason for the war, or the lack of a reason there for. However that was not my point at all, so I guess you missed the point. My point is why do people join the military? How many wars has America been involved in since the WWII? So i think its a fair assumption that there is a great chance that if you join the forces that you may be involved in a war?

It really isn't good enough to pass the buck, parents should advise their children not to join before they do, not after the tragedy strikes. I was sure my response was going to meet with heavy opposition and thats ok too. I do think people opposing Bush for the war in Iraq is their prerogative, but blaming him for your child's choice to join the military?

dgtempe: you make really valid points about getting education by signing up.Unfortunately there are no free lunches and perhaps that is the area that voters should be pushing for in this election the right for all to college education??? Impractical but a good ideology to aspire to. in this case ofcourse the son already had a bachelors degree before signing up. He also had made it clear by the time of graduating from High School that he intended to sign up.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
The war in Iraq is about much more than Iraq, what part of that is so difficult to understand.

No, that part is actually very easy to understand. You are right, it's about GWB and his clique grip on power and re-election.

If this war was not currently being fought in Iraq, it would simply be being fought elsewhere.

This I find difficult to believe.

The Iranians, primarily, and Syrians, and Al Queda from a host of arab nations, are on Iraqi soil, fighting the "Americans".

That's a conjecture. There are no Iranians in the infamous Sunni triangle (Iranians are Shiites, not Sunni), and we haven't seen any news on captured Syrians etc. That's a speculation. It is known that Al Sadr's militia comes from the slums of various Iraqi towns, just poor men joining in.

On top of that, there'd be no fighting had the invasion not happened.

Maryland, or Pennsylvania, or New York.

Chill, dude, it's not a computer game. Syrians and/or Iraqis have no means to get to Maryland. Wake up.

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I for one would much rather have these bastards fighting U.S. service men in Iraq, than in Maryland, or Pennsylvania, or New York.

Please don't take offense - but you sound very cowardly.
Are you so scared of terrorists you will turn a blind eye to the fact our
military is being slaughtered?

Jeez....what would you have done during WW2 when civilians were forced to fight off the Nazis.....? Would you cry: "Please go away! You scare me!
Go fight people in the military!"

Toughen up for petes sake.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The war in Iraq is about much more than Iraq, what part of that is so difficult to understand. If this war was not currently being fought in Iraq, it would simply be being fought elsewhere. Name the place you would rather it be? How about New York, that would be nice. Or maybe Canada. No, let us fight it in Britain. The Iranians, primarily, and Syrians, and Al Queda from a host of arab nations, are on Iraqi soil, fighting the "Americans".

oh , i dont know, how about in Afghanistan? Maybe for Bin Ladin? Maybe not in a soveriegn country whos only crime against us was being an easier target than Bin Ladin?

Bush lied. Soldiers died. Thats the bottom line and I hope noone forgets that in november

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wonder about "compassionate conservatism" when a grieving Mother is arrested for a legitimate protest against a war that killed her son. As many have pointed out, correctly, I think, young people sign up as a means to better themselves. Yes, they should know that their are risks. But, I think most trusted their leaders not to risk their lives on reckless wars. And, everyone, not just grieving mothers' has the right to question the war. This just proves to me what cold, calculating people the Bushes are...even "sweet Laura".
I'm fed up with this war and I cannot imagine what I would do or say if I lost a child to it. Show some compassion for the poor woman instead of arresting her.
joey

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Does anyone know of what became of the dad who set the van on fire when he heard about his son's death from the marines? I think it got coverage for a day or two and then just went away.
Remember he set the marine's van on fire with himself in it.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Does anyone know of what became of the dad who set the van on fire when he heard about his son's death from the marines? I think it got coverage for a day or two and then just went away.
Remember he set the marine's van on fire with himself in it.
Last I heard Marines didnt press charges,which judging the fact people DO go nuts when news like this is brought, absolutely did the only humane thing to do. Ignore it.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The war in Iraq is about much more than Iraq, what part of that is so difficult to understand.

Yes, it is. Last I heard, Saddam did not have anything to do with 9/11, though Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaida certainly did. The "alleged" links of Saddam to them are much weaker than the links of a number of Indonesian clerics and a number of other countries.

The war on Iraq is about Bush's ego and his desire to be right, no matter what the real facts are.

If this war was not currently being fought in Iraq, it would simply be being fought elsewhere. Name the place you would rather it be? How about New York, that would be nice. Or maybe Canada. No, let us fight it in Britain.

If the war wasn't being fought in Iraq, then we could throw the billions of dollars into social programs here and abroad AND into specific efforts to track down bin Laden. We could finish the job in Afghanistan, for instance. We could address some of the problems in Africa.

We could address the healthcare issues here in the US and the staggering economy and the number of jobless.

The Iranians, primarily, and Syrians, and Al Queda from a host of arab nations, are on Iraqi soil, fighting the "Americans". I for one would much rather have these bastards fighting U.S. service men in Iraq, than in Maryland, or Pennsylvania, or New York.

You know, I don't think there's a single military leader that thinks the concept you outlined above is possible. The Iranians don't have that much of a power base, nor does Syria. They could do isloated strikes, but since we're far across the ocean and a fleet/bunch of planes would be kind of obvious (and they don't have the missle technolog/sub technology for longer strikes) the amount of damage they could do is quite small.

Their armies are quite small compared to ours. They're usually more poorly equipped and have aging vehicles. I don't see any scenario under which they can get a sizeable force into the US (say several battallions' worth) much less enough of an army to take over the US or Canada... or even Britain.

I think your scenario only works if we all throw away our cars, planes, boats, computers, and machines and we all go back to living in the horse-and-buggy era. But I don't see that happening, to be honest.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Their armies are quite small compared to ours. They're usually more poorly equipped and have aging vehicles. I don't see any scenario under which they can get a sizeable force into the US (say several battallions' worth) much less enough of an army to take over the US or Canada... or even Britain.

As long as they didn't cross the river Severn into Wales then i'd be fine, all those hills, valleys and mountains i think we'd be alright hehe.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't seem to recall hearing of family members who lost sons/daughters in Afghanistan doing such things? That would be because most Americans feel that war is justified since it was that country that sponsored the attacks on 9/11. We only hear disent about Iraq. Do we really need a clearer picture than this?

Also I am damned MAD and offended that it is now a criminal act to speak against the sitting president. Go to the polls and vote that man out of office. And God forbid he wins this election in the supreme court again. Our country has a long history of fighting with arms against those who try to take over our country...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Unless you're a mother, you will never know the bond between mother and child. This womans' baby was killed, she's grieving . This is what turns my stomach and fortifies my contempt for this administration. The right says this is all ok. I'm ashamed to be an American in this day and age. The devil is loose folks, alive and kicking in Washington DC and in the hearts of half of Americans.

dgtempe, you, me and everyone else that agrees that this Administration is the "hounds from hell" because of their actions know the truth and it's not G W's truth. I was just thinking about Bush and "HIS" God's one on one conversation, that G W claims to have. Then I seen your "post" and the part where you said "The devil is loose folks, alive and kicking in Washington DC ", and it just blew my mind seeing that our "minds" are on the same page. Other's may ask "what is she talking about ",....... well, I'll tell you what has been going through my mind, when I was on my way back from WalMart.

First, G W Bush's "scenario" Bush stated that he had a conversation with his "Father", and NOT the "father" as in George Bush Sr., I'm talking "Father" as in GOD !! Bush said that the "Father" told him what to do ( invade Iraq), and so he did as he was told.

Here's my "scenario", Florida has been taking a heck of a beating from all those "Hurricanes" that keep coming,.... coming,...... and coming. Some may say it's a "freak of Nature" the way those Hurricanes keep pounding away at Florida,............ . I say it our "LORD in Heaven", trying to get G W Bush's attention,....... I beleive that GOD is sending "G W " a message but George is not listening, so God sent two more hurricanes to wake the "fool" up, but G W STILL doesn't "get it". The Bible states " an eye for an eye", "tooth for a tooth", and G W still doesn't get it !!!

The BLOOD of ALL the dead/maimed Soldiers and Iraqi people is on George W Bush's hands. Our GOD in Heaven, wants the MURDERS to END and the Troops to leave Iraq and it's people alone !!!!!
George Bush is not hearing "GOD", because he is to arbitrary to listen, SO God is sending those "hurricanes" to Florida as a warning to George that "HE" will take "an eye for an eye" on the Bush family in Florida if George does not HEED the Lord's messenger.

Bush is the "spawn" of Satan, Bush has sold his soul to get where he is today and has been for nearly four years,....... your right dgtempe, when you said,"The devil is loose folks, alive and kicking in Washington DC ", you are so right.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join