It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is HOME to you?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
There are so many different types of love, though.

Are there, then, many different types of home?

This makes me wonder if maybe it is only certain types of love that give us the feeling of home or completeness?

I would like to eventually be able to feel only love, as my default emotion, toward other people. It would be nice to see the human race, and by extension the planet, as home.

Thanks for pondering my thought.

There are not many types of home for what I am referring to. It is your soul, the center of your body. Love has so many different levels, love on a small level is showing respect when communicating, on a larger level is more profound to the soul, but is it there in the world (sometimes visually nonexistent in society) to cure people's souls, to fill people's souls with a special magic.

The world has it confused about certain types of love, they think love is so different from each other because the expressions a guy and girl make are of a sexual nature, but if we didn't have sex as part of being humans we would still have love. Animals don't value sex in the same way humans do but they still have love. Love is the fulfillment, you can be doing anything, saying anything, and it will work it's wonders. Love exists whenever to people make visual contact. Whenever two humans are aware of each other they are communicating physical and mentally, they may be far away from each other but they are communicating. Having love for humanity is also having a knowledge of love, so from the distance there is a choice to have love based in your communication with this other person. Most times in the world they will not have love because they have already made a choice to not love humanity on a public scale. I would suggest that in this case you would walk up to them and say hello how are you doing. Most times they choose not to love the public because they fear the public, but even in a psychological sense fear is a major roadblock for love. This person will fear talking to you because you are a stranger, for you to go up and simply walk by saying hello would be breaking any fear that you have of showing love and it would be setting an example that you do love somebody. So people think they are different types, but for earth, all humanity, and animals love is only one thing it just has different levels of encountering it, of producing it.

I have learned to feel love as you describe, but it gets me down a lot lol...many highs and lows, but it's like a discovery of our souls.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fossilera
In short: My home I have yet to find, but there are places I can be "content" to stay in forever (in effect, making it a "home", I guess).

That makes sense, we are drawn to places that strike some kind of innate resonance within our souls.

I am not sure if this is some kind of soul memory or just a manifestation of our most inner needs. Either way, it is very powerful when felt.

See, that is one of my questions: how can a place be "made" home?

I get it, people keep saying that home is a mindset... but how can a person who has never felt like home understand how to create home without knowing what home is like?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
"Home" is where I finally am now. I passed through this area at around 12 or 13 years old, and I've had an unexplainable, visceral connection with it for decades. It's not where I grew up, or where I "cut my teeth" in learning about how to deal with the world or people in general. It's where I feel that I belong, and always have been connected to.

I am at a similar place. I used to travel from the southern US as a child to Canada to see my grandparents. I would always be captivated and excited and content when we were traveling through the northern states and up into Canada. I always knew that's where I wanted to live someday, so I made it a reality. Like I said in another post, I do feel a lot more at home here than I've felt anywhere else, connected to the land and a lot more connected to the people... but there is still some kind of dissonance that keeps me from feeling completely like home.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
Where ever I feel most comfortable whether I am at my home, or at someone else s home where they invite me in using the phrase "make yourself at home". Any place with a safe haven of good vibes is fine with me...

That's awesome and must be very comforting to be able to feel that wherever you are welcomed.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
That is where my heart is,my wife and my original home.
Full circle.

Interesting, I see what you mean in that you are able to make any place feel like home if you work at it long enough. Additionally, you are able to feel comfortable because you are with your family, and therefore, it makes unfamiliar places bearable.

This gives me something new to think about: if one is content with family and environment, is this home even when there is an additional sense of unease?

Then the thought arises: is home really so elusive and fleeting that it can only be captured in precise and pre-determined circumstances?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Home is when I'm in a deep meditation. Deprived of all my senses till I can't feel or see the layers of the onion that I have managed to grow throughout all these years. Layer by layer they disappear, vanish into nothingness as I reach home, finally. But the illusion sets in again and I'm back into the vehicle, staring in my own reflection and recollecting myself...

I have been learning to reach that point of complete serenity during meditation, as well. For me, it is something akin to peacefulness in my soul. And, yes, I think that is probably what I feel like I am missing in my day-to-day life that keeps me from feeling absolutely comfortable.

Is there a way to bring that feeling back to reality, even when the illusion of self image is present?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Can I learn what all these laws are word for word within my own lifetime? Can I learn what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously within my own lifetime?

Are the mandatory expectations (LAWS) required learning in schools?

Home is where one is welcome and accepted for who they are.
Home is where one's family and friends reside.

Home is a myth.

I agree with you in some respects, in that other people expect certain things of us so that we will fit into their predefined sense of society.

However, I am of the opinion that the parts of us that are inherently non-conforming are indicators of who we really are. When you are able to find people who accept you as you are, then you'll know that you have found the right place to be.

Alternatively, most people will have a hard time finding places where they are unconditionally accepted, and thus end up being miserable due to the perceived stress of forcing themselves to be "Acceptable".

I've given up on being "acceptable". I just don't care anymore. I see, hear, and feel people's opinions about how I am and have learned not to let it phase me and affect my mood.

I have come to realize that all judgments are based on personal experiences, biases, misunderstandings, and/or fear. Therefore, judgments are the problem of the judge, not the judged. When I feel myself judging someone else, I take a step back and try to understand WHY I started along that line of thinking. Often, I learn something new about myself in the process.

My goal is to be acceptable to myself, in all regards.

Then, and only then, will I be able to find peace and, hopefully, home.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
it is funny how all ur descriptions look like meaning a static unconscious state as nothing before that u fancy upon in meaning to justify it being superior to any existence concept

euhhh sorry to interfer but..., hellllooo there are already objective realizations of home concept

home is the place u choose to buy for comfortable stay between different activities out or work

home is the objective walls u construct by ur own will ability too fully protecting ur freedom peace as well as the subjective full construction of real resting space for ur true free mind

as everyone know that anyone home is by definition not the other one, when even own parents home is to leave forever at a time

What I think is interesting is that you, Absolutely, are always talking about how you believe other people feel like they are superior to others. Do you feel like your own opinion is better or superior than anyone else's opinion?

Home, in the spiritual sense, can never be objective because it is a purely subjective idea.

Therefore, home is different to everybody.

I started this thread because I am interested in learning what other people feel home is like.

A house is home to some people. Being alone is home to some people. Being with loved ones is home to some people. Being accepted is home to some people. Being comfortable is home to some people.

I think it is fascinating and amazing how different types of folks understand and perceive this idea of Home.

I have never felt like the house of my parents was home. I do not feel like a building is home just because I happen to be living there for the time being.

I am interested in your response as well. Do you ever feel at home and completely accepted, Absolutely?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
There are not many types of home for what I am referring to. It is your soul, the center of your body. Love has so many different levels, love on a small level is showing respect when communicating, on a larger level is more profound to the soul, but is it there in the world (sometimes visually nonexistent in society) to cure people's souls, to fill people's souls with a special magic.
I have learned to feel love as you describe, but it gets me down a lot lol...many highs and lows, but it's like a discovery of our souls.

Now that does get me thinking. I do see that home begins in the soul, and that to find home I must be at peace in my soul. But, reading your response, I started to understand that once I am at peace in my soul I will love myself and then be able to love everyone else in the same way. Wherein home will be anywhere I am able to feel unconditional love for others.

I think I am almost to the point of being able to love universally, but I am holding myself back for some reason. I don't know if I'm afraid or I just don't think that I am ready to dive off the cusp yet.

You have given me many things to think about, thank you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

u obviously didnt bother to read my post, how do u quote what doesnt exist to u? i never said that people mean being superior to others on the contrary

my opinion was clearly suggesting that people are meaning to value nothing above existence

as for me, i dont belong to those limited reference when i clearly mean myself only out of my absolute freedom or objective freedom out of absolutely all reality

if i would answer more truly i would say that, freedom is the exclusive present fact so my home is anywhere and everywhere right

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

This video will show you what you are missing, it is very easily over looked.
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I did read your post, I just misunderstood your words. I apologize for that.

So, then, you are of the opinion that home is freedom from self, and from necessity to feel like one would "need" a home.

This is a new perspective that I had not yet considered.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Home, in the spiritual sense, can never be objective because it is a purely subjective idea.

Therefore, home is different to everybody.

I think it is fascinating and amazing how different types of folks understand and perceive this idea of Home.

this show ur evil nature, if home is a subjective idea how did it become an objective real word?

obviously u dont accept reality being a true fact much beyond urself while limiting it to

home as a word is not a concept invented by ur god to please all kind of different investments creations from abusing opposite free drives to,
conscious moves in creations means become immediately inferior by erasing their belonging to the object meant which become the only object fact existing

home as a concept belong in universal absolute terms to peace fact

when freedom sense is the exclusive peace source from being its living energy fact then any mean to deny what i said being right is an absolute liar certainty

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Some members already answered the OP's question in a way I would answered it but in a nut shell:

Home is that place that our souls seek each and every night of our lives until the moment it gets to really go home, which is after we die. Is that dimension we cannot see due to having our minds polluted with nonsense but yet we are aware of such place and we simply can't reach until we awaken ourselves, and even then once you are awake, you can only go HOME in meditation.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

So, then, you are of the opinion that home is freedom from self, and from necessity to feel like one would "need" a home.

again u prove how u never read while jumping to ur own wills in using what look as another words

when myself to me is out of my absolute freedom then on the contrary i am more myself as the object of my freedom and not my freedom from

u r also proving that u mean home being nothing

when u insist to mean peace as a place then u r suggesting to urself that one must create all places for one place nothing but peace
why dont u just enjoy the nothing of not doing anything instead

bc u belong to ur god that even nothing is meant for abuse, u want a place that represent nothing only for u while meaning all nothing for future possible investments use

prepare urself to wars when u mean to create a possession of peace only to u

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by ottobot

This video will show you what you are missing, it is very easily over looked.
youtu.be...

Yes, I agree with the opinion of the fellow speaking on that sound clip. I am trying to find the complete self. Well, not trying to find it, exactly, more like trying to become it.

You see, I am an infant at this type of understanding. I do understand it sometimes, but then I have to relearn it again. Sort of like a child learning to walk - each time I fall down I learn that I fell down and then stand back up to try again and maybe take two steps without falling again.

I think that someday it will come naturally to me, but I'm just not there yet.

Thank you for taking the time to post these stimulating tidbits of insight from others.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well, since you have decided that I don't understand you because of limitations put on me by my "gods", "evil nature", and "my own wills", I'm not going to argue with you.

I cannot comprehend all of your words, and for that I am sorry. What other languages do you know? Perhaps we can find a mutual one to use that would allow me to better understand your intent?

I can understand part of what you are saying, so I will just try rereading your stuff several times to see if it makes more sense to me.

Thank you for taking the time to assist me in my quest for perspective.
edit on 2/16/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

My absolute pleasure, you are most welcome.
Here is another one:
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

sorry to disappoint u enlightenedone, but where ur soul come and go to is far more evil then what u see objectively existing in material world

it is over there is no true space anymore but this one bc as a matter of fact it is absolutely objectively free

even nothing space is possessed by evil limited freedoms pleasures in worse fancies life

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I'm sure that it is possible, but I myself am on this journey to find out. The interesting thing about this state of mind is when you arrive "home" and you ponder upon your daily life, your problems, or anything that may bother you; it ceases to exist. There is no grasping, no judgement, you just observe it like you observe the sky, the trees, the flowers. There is no "ego" in play. It's beautiful. Like I said, it's a very deep level of meditation. An hour of complete silence without any movement. A complete detachment of the body, and the next thing you know you are not in the body anymore; an example of OBE.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join