It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are These High Strangeness Bigfoot Encounters Ignored By The Mainstream?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
White haired bigfoot photographed in Fort Worth,Texas 1969 > www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Um... Right there below the photo it reads image status: HOAX I wonder if that is trying to tell us something?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There's no profit in Bigfoot!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Alberta,Canada 1969,15ft tall big foot recorded...The tallest recorded bigfoot sightings > www.bigfootencounters.com...
edit on 15-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The Beast Of Seven Chutes...

This creature does not look like the traditional bigfoot and i dont think it is.It was accidently captured in a photograph taken on june 1st,2005 in Quebec.It has a snout like a wolf and its carrying a white animal under its arm and it looks like a dog with its eyes open....

This link provides a lot of analysis and different size blow ups of the original photograph which is also shown.I dont know what it is,but i also know that its not bigfoot,it looks like its a bi-pedal dog or wolf creature and i would'nt want to run into this thing alone in the woods...www.haveyouseenthiscreature.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Bigfoot,sasquatch,yeti,abominable snowman,yowie,skunk ape,wendigo,swamp monster,those creatures go by many names.They may be inter-dimensonal creatures,projected holograms,thought forms,a type of spirit or ghost,living ancestors of gigantopithecus,or any combination of those things,or are they something else?

You forgot "Woodbooger"! Last week's episode of Finding Bigfoot on animal planet took place in western Virginia and that was the local term for bigfoot!

VB

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by voyagerboy

These creatures have been seen and encountered in all 50 states in the USA and they have been seen for hundreds of years...

The fact that the Native Americans saw them,told of them,carved them into their totem poles and had names for them long before the Europeans even came to the North American continent is extremely strong evidence that they exist...

And the ocasional idiot being filmed in a flimsy costume trying to turn the whole thing into some kind of joke isnt going to change all the tens of thousands of documented sightings and encounters that have taken place for a very long time...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
A portion of the patterson film of female bigfoot showing an area devoid of hair,mid-thorax,swinging breasts and caucasian skin tones > www.bigfootencounters.com...

Frame by frame stabilized and digitally enhanced slow motion patterson footage of female bigfoot > www.bigfootencounters.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I used to think all editors and some journalists were intelligence officers. Now I think those who teach journalism are intelligence officers. Their job is to set the framework within which we are expected to speculate and investigate. Outside that framework is unmapped territory. Here be monsters.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Bigfoot,sasquatch,yeti,abominable snowman,yowie,skunk ape,wendigo,swamp monster,those creatures go by many names.

They may be inter-dimensonal creatures,projected holograms,thought forms,a type of spirit or ghost,living ancestors of gigantopithecus,or any combination of those things,or are they something else

This is EXACTLY the problem right here, and i will tell you in a second.
By the way, this does not only apply to Bigfoot etc. but also to UFOs and Alien sightings.

In your list you started the possible explanations like inter-dimensonal creatures,projected holograms,thought forms,a type of spirit or ghost,living ancestors of gigantopithecus,or any combination of those things [...] but the thing is that the

**** HUGE, HUGE MAJORITY ***

of "sightings" (be it Bigfoot, UFOs etc.) are hoaxes or misinterpretations.

And since the huge majority of such sightings, youtube videos etc. usually ultimately resolve as a hoax, scam or just someone "seeing a light"...the mainstream (media & science) does not have an interest in it.

In the same way as i dont have an interest in 900 billion "youtube videos" of UFOs and Aliens where 899,8 billion of them are nonsense and hoaxes.

And i think it tells a lot that you listed the "unlikely" explanations first, while the "logical" (hoax, fake etc.) explanation is usually 99,99% the right one.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
bigfoot is as legit as a blurry rolex on ebay.

comedian mitch hedberg said the following, "i think bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem, it's not the photographer's fault, bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me, cuz there's a large out of focus monster, roaming the countryside, run he's fuzzy get out of here".

when people realize the entire sasquach phenomenon was cooked up by crackpot rednecks they will realize there never was a bigfoot, other than the famous monster truck of the same name.

if you are smart enough to realize the best ufo photos are the ones that are purposely blurry you will realize the best bigfoot photos are the blurry ones, after realizing this you will realize blurry equals fake and clear equals too easily proven to be a fake.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
They're ignored by mainstream because mainstream is busy with tons of other stuff.

If there was nothing to do then you'd find more folk wanting to look for bigfoot. Even me. But if you knocked on my door and asked me today I'd say bugger off, it's too bloody cold.

People are too busy.

p.s. best ever bigfoot story I read was in The Long Walk by Sławomir Rawicz and it's the one I believe. Even though folk say his whole book was a hoax.
edit on 16-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Reply to post by blocula

Duh. They are ignored for that same reason newscaster laugh at the forced reading of any ufo repeated story.

The inability to understand how I state that is also a reason why this crap is easily disregarded. I don't expect you to understand what I am saying based on your op, but give it dome thought and allow it to sink in.

Bigfoot suffers the sane fate ad ufos. It foesnt matter if it is real or not, thanks to the internet anybody with even a small desire to believe combined with a general lack of education will subscribe to the perpetuation of ignorance.

Get mad at me all you want.....see you in 20 years after you made no progress....

Oh please. Do questions frighten you? Get off your naive high-horse and stop parading around your pseudoscientific principled scorn, you're making the rest of us who love science look like trolls.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Bigfoot,sasquatch,yeti,abominable snowman,yowie,skunk ape,wendigo,swamp monster,those creatures go by many names.

They may be inter-dimensonal creatures,projected holograms,thought forms,a type of spirit or ghost,living ancestors of gigantopithecus,or any combination of those things,or are they something else

**** HUGE, HUGE MAJORITY ***

of "sightings" (be it Bigfoot, UFOs etc.) are hoaxes or misinterpretations.

And since the huge majority of such sightings, youtube videos etc. usually ultimately resolve as a hoax, scam or just someone "seeing a light"...the mainstream (media & science) does not have an interest in it.

In the same way as i dont have an interest in 900 billion "youtube videos" of UFOs and Aliens where 899,8 billion of them are nonsense and hoaxes.

And i think it tells a lot that you listed the "unlikely" explanations first, while the "logical" (hoax, fake etc.) explanation is usually 99,99% the right one.
These creatures have been seen and encountered in all 50 states in the USA and all over the world and they have been seen for a least hundreds of years...

The fact that the Native Americans saw them,told of them,carved them into their totem poles and had names for them long before the Europeans even came to the North American continent is extremely strong evidence that they exist and i seriously doubt that the indians were walking around the woods dressed up in fur costumes and monkey masks scaring eachother and giving themselves good fodder for camp fire chats...

And the ocasional childish idiot being filmed in a flimsy costume trying to turn the whole thing into some kind of joke isnt going to change all the tens of thousands of documented sightings and encounters that have taken place for a very long time...

edit on 16-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I fought the ape men of mount st helens,a book written by fred beck 43 years after breaking his silence about when he and four other prospectors had locked themselves in a cabin while they were being attacked by several bigfoot after shooting at them in 1924 > www.bigfootencounters.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think a big reason for this is because of the current state of cryptozoology. It is finally starting to be accepted as a serious, scientific pursuit. They are trying to distance themselves from the Fortean phenomena that spawned the field in a hopes of obtaining legitimacy.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is an incredible encounter and its a very good example of the types of encounters i'm talking about that are all but ignored...

February 6, 1974...Fayette County...A woman heard a noise outside her trailer,went to the doorway with a 16 gauge shotgun,opened the door and saw a 7 foot tall ape-like creature in the doorway.She claims to have shot at the creature in the doorway and it disappeared in a flash of light.Her son who lived nearby heard the shots, went to the area to investigate and saw several hairy creatures there.He shot at them with a pistol.A large red light hovered over a wooden section about 500 yards away during the incident...

www.paresearchers.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

DENY IGNORANCE!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow. Bigfoots as alien shape shifters. That's new to me, but sure makes you wonder. Tons of random people have seen it, so sure why not?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Toothache

If we only look at and analyze these creatures from the narrow minded point of view that they can only be bi-pedal,flesh and blood animals and nothing more,while denying and ignoring all the many high strangeness sightings and bizarre encounters,we'll never find out what they really are...

edit on 17-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
blocula... I've tried to read as much of this as I could, but honestly - where does it end..? I seriously don't understand why it's so hard for people to just accept that there doesn't have to be anything that WEIRD or SPECIAL about a bigfoot. It doesn't have to be this inter-dimensional shapeshifting alien that can transcend hyperspace and fly UFO's while psychically draining your mind and energy.

What is so wrong with believing a simple truth, that sasquatch may very well be highly, HIGHLY intelligent animals that have an EXTREME aversion toward humans after likely being nearly wiped out as we further developed North America. They could be descends of ancient creatures that migrated over the land-bridge that existed between Asia and North America eons and eons ago, and have slowly adapted to our environment. They are likely a highly endangered species at this point - with decimated numbers potentially falling well below the amount needed to sustain their existence and a breeding population. There could be so few and far in between that we just don't see them very often, and sooner rather than later they'll be extinct. It is not very difficult for an animal - even one lacking sufficient cognizant thought - to disappear into the woods. So how about something extremely smart that has the means and the motive to be incredibly elusive?

All of your "highly strange" encounters could be anything from misreports, to drugs, to stories, to whatever the heck you want them to be. I just don't understand the mindset needed for these wild theories. Bigfoot doesn't have to be so crazy of a concept that it's thrown out by virtually every scientific mind due to it being so off the wall. Bigfoot can be a plain old animal just like you or I, just like a monkey or an ape, not a shapeshifting werewolf with psychic abilities. Forgive me for the length of my post and venting...but we need to bring science, evolution, and "reality" back into this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join