It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Cops Exonerated After Caught On Cam Threatening To Make Up Evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Seattle police were caught on dash cam telling a pair of innocent robbery suspects that they would "make stuff up" to ensure the charges would stick, even though there was a complete lack of actual evidence. That incident is just small sample of what KOMO-TV plans to eventually release after a lengthy investigation compiled from dash cam videos of its local police force, which always seems one of the most corrupted in the country

www.pixiq.com...

You can argue all you want that the man wasn't charged for what the cops "threatened" him with, but last time I checked if assault is threat of bodily harm, and cops "threaten" to fabricate evidence, IANAL, but it would appear to be the same thing in the spirit of the law.

And clearly is unprofessional and shows a current trend in police work.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Interesting how Washington, on the so-called "left coast", along with California, have such gestapo methods of police work. Seems like the more liberal a state is, the more corrupt its police are.

The U.S. Government's mercenaries are hiring, I hear. These guys would be welcomed as brothers.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
everyday I get more and more proof that we live on a prison planet and now we even have a pre-crime law.unbelievable the level of abuse and corruption. If I were the president I would definitely address this especially if I were looking to be re-elected.......................score some browny points with potential voters but then again the election process is rigged anyway so whatever

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
They clearly don't understand the meaning of the word 'exonerated'. What they must have actually meant was, 'left unpunished'.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The police are allowed to lie to get a confession.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It can't be the accepted norm for them to claim they're going to falsify evidence, surely, or else why did they bother going through the charade of the investigation which 'exonerated' them?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

it is horrible that things like this out here are totally normalfor seattle, and the surrounding areas....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Please keep in mind that fabricated claims and complaints against police are very common - in the UK, you might see two or three examples on any given episode of "Boozed up Britain" or "Road Wars".

That's not defending these characters - their actions were despicable - but lets not forget that there are many in the public who would do the exact same thing if the opportunity arose.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"I can tell you we take (complaints) seriously but people have to believe that and they have to trust the system they have to trust the process," Whitcomb said.

Another problem: none of the arrest is caught on tape -- only the aftermath, once the two are on the ground in handcuffs, with Lawson's angry questions of why Officer Richardson kicked him in the face, which Richardson disputes saying he only "kicked him in the chest."

This is the part that I found most disturbing. Trust the system? Two cops were caught on tape saying they were going to make stuff up and they were let off scot free. How can people be expected to trust a system that does that? Of course people have to believe that they take complaints seriously. How would they get away with this kind of crap if people don't believe that?

Then there's the part where the officer says he didn't kick the guy in the face. He only kicked him in the chest. WTH? "Only" kicked him in the chest? You're not supposed to be kicking him at all. That one at least should have been charged with misconduct, but nothing happened.

Why does stuff like this go unpunished? Because the police have a union. Police shouldn't have a union. All the people hell bent on breaking up unions should take a look at police unions. Cops aren't disciplined because their union doesn't allow it. Unless police unions are removed, there will never be justice served for stuff like this.
edit on 15-2-2012 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

top topics

join