It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Ready to Play Constructive Role in Settling Syrian Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Story from FARSnews - Iran

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran's Permanent Representative to the United Nations Mohammad Khazayee in a statement underlined Tehran's support for any constructive and peaceful political process in Syria, and announced Iran's readiness to play a constructive role in settling the crisis in the Muslim country.

Mr. Khazayee hints in the letter that there seems to be conflicting information and descriptions of events in Syria !!

He made it crystal clear that Iran opposes all violence and all foreign interferences and all terrorist activities, and stated that sanctions against Syria are furthering the crisis.

More details:
The Letter

They sound serious.

Is It Time to Trust Iran and avoid WAR ??

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well firstly, Iran could only help by assisting in removing the CIA and Muslim Brotherhood factions that have been fighting security forces...

All is not what it seems in Syria. They won't allow Iran to help, the whole point of this conflict is to destabilize the region and remove any of Iran's potential allies from the field.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
First of all, Iran has no idea what the word "constructive" means.

Every time they open their mouths, you have to laugh.

We believe that addressing the legitimate demands of the people through a peaceful and domestically-led political process and away from foreign interventions is the only way out of crisis. Coercive sanctions, pressures and attempts to interfere in Syrian internal affairs would only lead to deepening of political and social crisis with all its ramifications to the region as a whole. Our goal, therefore, should be minding a process that lead to a more democratic nation, broader political and economic participation, strengthening national unity, ensuring public order, national security, stability and prosperity of Syrian people. While bearing in mind that the primary and ultimate responsibility for the security and stability of the Syrian people lies with the people and government of Syria.

Hypocrites!

Iran's about to look like a fool again after it's March 2nd parliamentary elections.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Dear xuenchen,

You are a prolific author and I'm glad of that. thanks for your contributions to the site.

You know that I'm mostly confused, the rest of the time I'm a wet blanket. Allow me to be confused here. It may be that I'm missing something, because it appears that the letter gets cut off when I link to it, but I can't quite see Iran's constructive role.

The first point of the letter is that Iran is disappointed that the call for a General Assembly meeting didn't go through normal channels. Well, it's done, live with it. Or, if it's a crucial procedural issue, deal with it in a different letter. This letter is supposed to be about Syrian peace, and leading off with a paperwork complaint weakens the whole letter.

The second point of the letter seems to be that no foreign influence should be used. No sanctions, no peacekeepers, nothing. The part of the letter that I can see doesn't even mention that Iran will actually do anything. But as I say, it looks like the letter has been cut off and I may be missing the important part.

Dear xuenchen, please take the time to explain the good you see in Iran's letter. I would be overjoyed to see Iran working for peace, stability, and freedom.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am willing to bet Iran is as deep into syria as the counter forces are....this is just more BS rhetoric.....
The report of nerve gas used against the rebels leads one to think that the Goverment has gotten some help from Iran or Russia recently....
Thats besides the Yakhontz anti ship missiles from russia....
These are the nastiest, and very best anti ship missiles yet.....they are super sonic 2000 mph beasts of death
One of these could sink a carrier, Syria has thirty or so, plus at least 72 sunburn class missiles, i think imtervention may be a bit more complicated now.....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I believe the "Letter" may just be a "courtesy" gesture.

It does seem a bit flip-floppy.

As TTP above says, Iran can only help in certain ways. And Syria itself may not allow Iran "in".
(and remember, Iran is under sanctions, and Iran may already be deeply involved by proxy in the violence.)

Iran and Syria may be "talking" in private.

The letter is however suggesting diplomatic solutions as opposed to the violence currently underway.

If I were the U.N., I would call their bluff and see what they bring to a negotiating table, but only give them a short timeframe. If they show flip-flopping, then nevermind.

"Deetermined" suggests that this may just an election gimmick to satisfy Iran citizens (imo).

But there are already too many foreign interests in Syria right now. business and political.

The article itself may be propaganda, as it comes from FARS.

I'm just as confused as anybody.

Thanks for your good response and questions.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Well firstly, Iran could only help by assisting in removing the CIA and Muslim Brotherhood factions that have been fighting security forces...

All is not what it seems in Syria. They won't allow Iran to help, the whole point of this conflict is to destabilize the region and remove any of Iran's potential allies from the field.

~Tenth

Perhaps you would like to provide substantial evidence that the C.I.A. is on the ground? would seem like an interesting read.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Isn't it the interest of all parties concerned to ensure stability in Syria given it's geo-political centrality. Israel certainly dosen't want anarchy in Syria, which could have destabalizing impacts on both the Syrian border and in Lebanon and the Lebanese-Israeli border. Furthermore, Turkey surely dosen't want a massive influx of Syrian refugees across the border. It is pretty clear that is a problem for them, neither does Jordan want such to occur.

We all know most of the West dislike the Syrian regime, but it seems through their actions and commitments that they would prefer a bit of repression and atrocities here and there than full blown civil-war or anarchy in Syria. Iran certainly has the same desire given Syria is its only Arab ally.

The US has already expressed that military intervention is not a option in Syira. Many believe it is to late. The US military is stretched and exhausted after its withdrawal from Iraq. The American economy is in a sad state at the moment too. No other state has the capability to carry out an operaition in Syria. The French and British militaries combined certainly don't have the capability, even if they were to coordinate with the Arabs.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Is It Time to Trust Iran and avoid WAR ?? Yes.
They should play tennis instead.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
of course they are looking for "peace" in that region, it's an iranian proxy.
the "rebels" are arab descented, western colluded sleeper cells organized for urban guerilla warfare while the syrian security forces are semi-autonomous forces under the command of the iranians and their benefactors (china/russia)

this is just another power struggle, and inching ever closer to beijing and moscow.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aizen9k1

www.socialmediame.com...

This was stated by U.S. State Department official Victoria Nuland. "We started to expand contacts with the Syrians, those who are calling for change, both inside and outside the country," she said.
www.countercurrents.org...

The above makes it clear.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

An attack on Syria will lead to a world war with Russia

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's one perspective, and if you listen to her other stuff she is very credible.
edit on 2/15/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's one perspective, and if you listen to her other stuff she is very credible.

It's hard to take you seriously when you post self referenced stuff especially when the comments directly above the video are you saying and I quote "Probably a bunch of sensationalist bs"

Thanks you just debunked yourself nice one.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The video describes how there are other interests and players than what the media is telling us in Syria, did you watch it? The comment of BS was regarding Syria using chemical weapons. Not regarding the information in the video I posted.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

I doubt Russia would risk war, over Syria. Even though it procures arms from Russia (which aren't really that much) and even though Russia has it's own warm water port in Syria and it's only military base outside of Russia.

I also doubt Syria will be attacked, even with the trigger happy Obama administration, happy to intervene on "humanitarian grounds". Libya and Syria is what apples are to oranges.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

An attack on Syria will lead to a world war with Russia

God I love the self proclaimed middle east experts on these forums.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Russia will initiate first strike in a matter of time if Syria is attacked but in a matter of days or months that will be seen . This is what a russian colonel told me.

top topics

join