It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gematria and names

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
well I tried putting my full name and my real name (minus my surname) into gematria calculators,and it yield out of some disturbing results ,I don't feel like saying it out but it is about something bad (that has the same JEWISH gematria as my name,but different english gematria),I am a bit worried because other results that corresponds to my jewish gematria number seem to suggest something about me,any ideas???

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

Don't be. Whatever the number is, it is just a number. It doesn't have any impact in your life...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i`m not sure if english gematria exists! too many different meanings to words,and individual letters really have no meanings. stick with the hebrew or you might want to try greek gematria.the `letters`in these alphabets( greek - alpha,beta,) have meaning more than just spelling a word.plus they have a real numerical value,whereas the english doesn`t. `z`is number 26. what does that mean.
aleph is the first letter in the hebrew,and it means ox and its number is 1. put 10 rabbis in a room and they will debate for years on what the meaning is!
greek - alpha is the beginning ,number 1.
omega is the end,or death,number 24 (jesus said he was the alpha & the omega)
you also might want to look into the celtic book of ogham - the laguage of the trees.
hope this helps friend,you have found someone with a passion for this!

peace

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

sorry,but the greek letter omega has a value of 800. my bad!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Wel,it does exists ,whether is it true or not is another matter of course.btw, I think the gematria thing might be inaccurate because of the tendency to include things like "of","some" etc which make lots of difference because a phrase could change it's number just because of it.What do you think???

www.gematrix.org...
edit on 14-2-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

exactly! there is spoken hebrew,with all its modern uses,and there is biblical hebrew! wich is for torah,kabbal and gematria.
i used english gematria a few times and basically came up with rubbish! blue fish on tuesday kinda stuff!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

exactly! there is spoken hebrew,with all its modern uses,and there is biblical hebrew! wich is for torah,kabbal and gematria.
i used english gematria a few times and basically came up with rubbish! blue fish on tuesday kinda stuff!!!

wait,are saying
1)you need to use hebrew language in gematria
2)the english gematria(the system itself) is flawed
3)don't trust those gematria results because they are affected by "of","a","some",plural,singular tenses,past tense etc.

?????

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
sorry, for being a noob guys, but for me it is the first time i hear about gematria. Could someone explain to me what this is all about?
thanks is advance....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by leopayaso1987

gematria is a system where letters have a number value. so,if you add up the numbers in a word and get a total,that word will have a relationship with a different word of the same value.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

thank you very much, short, explicit and straight to the point!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

old hebrew is a fixed language,well basically. latin is a dead language,it can`t be changed,that is why doctors and the like use it,so the meaning will not be misinterprtated. it means what it means.
rabbis have been practicing gematria forever,and some word relations can have several meanings,depending on the context you use with them. i`ll try to give an example,bear with me please.
by no means am i an expert in hebrew(i`m scottish!)
mother in hebrew has a number,as does father,and child.
when you add the numbers of mother and father, the sum is the same number of the child!
when you try to do this with english,all the `yas and buts,and oks,mess it all up.
what english did you use. ye olde english,australian englis,texas english! see my point.
plus,english isn`t even a real language! is a bunch of european dialects all thrown together with a touch of middle east &asian!!!
anyway have fun!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok,what do you think about testing our own names in gematria???
edit on 14-2-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ethelbert William Bullinger en.wikipedia.org... has books on the subject in question .. the seal of God by .F. C. PAYNE Revised and rewritten by E. R. FINCK www.mun.ca... is a good read ..it works like roman numeral ie. I 1 V 5 X 10 and so on ..Greek and Hebrew also have number values to their alphabet and so they work well ...English not so well ....peace

edit on 14-2-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Actually I don' really care that much about english gematria being correct or not,the thing is I search my own name in a gematria calculator and it show some disturbing phrases with same jewish gematria value,does it mean anything???

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Anyone???

top topics

join