It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666-where does it come from?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I am going to sound really thick here
but maths is my weakpoint (incalcula) :lol What does that actually mean, 600, threescore and 6. I'm really not getting the 'Threescore'. In my head (as mentioned not mathematical), i would see that at 30 or 3 X. Please can you be s kind as to put me right, its getting frustating

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

Maybe 666 the mark of the beast is more this... www.youtube.com... Check it out... I think this is the simplest way to get to the bottom of 666, the mark of the beast... Let me know what you think.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by karlkar

Understanding 666, the mark of the beast isn't a big question, its what you yourself believe.... check out this guy i found on youtube... I thinks hes very close to the real understanding and has good ideas about it!!! let me know what you think. thanks!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
616 vs 666....it does need to be clarified. a trinity of 6s makes more sense to me (especially since a Cartier briefcase that I bought came with a combination of "6-1-6"
.....anyone want to buy it?).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wow - some of the replies are very interesting. Some took a lot of reading and decoding.

But the explanation is very simple:

666 simply means imperfection to the third degree. If you look at the specific text again. It has something to do with man - manmade. In the sight of God, since man is imperfect, what he does will be imperfect to third degree: 6 x 6 x 6

Here's the specific text:

"...calculate the number of the beast, for it is a human number [the number of a certain man]; his number is 666. "

In other words - its a manmade organization - man's goverment.

"beast" - in the scripture is man's rulership/government since most of the time it portrays a beastlike attitude towards the people. Acts like an animal, showing no disregard for human life (think of all the wars that occured).

Note the following verses:

Rev 13:16 Also he compels all [alike], both small and great, both the rich and the poor, both free and slave, to be marked with an inscription [stamped] on their right hands or on their foreheads,
Rev 13:17 So that no one will have power to buy or sell unless he bears the stamp (mark, inscription), [that is] the name of the beast or the number of his name. )

So it has the power to imposed it's own will to the people - if one does not have the mark then he is not able "to buy or sell unless he bears the stamp".

The stamp or mark "on their right hands or on their foreheads" signifies ownership. That is, if one becomes the property of this governement - then you are "marked". Disobey the laws of this organization/government, you'll suffer the consequence.

Also, 6 is short of 1 to become 7 like 7 days to make a week - 7 in the scriptures signifies completeness, perfection. It's always use in relation to God - as he is Perfect in all his ways. Man is short of perfection thus the number 666.

hope this helps.

Here's a question for you - which rulership represents the entire human government today?

thx,
edmc2

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AtheiX

The number was assigned to King Nero. That's it. It happened a long time ago. They used numerology in those days.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet but while most recognise 666 as representing the number of a cirtain man in the bible, it is the opposite in islam, the quran says it is the most holy number.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spider0526
The Pope takes for himself the title: "Vicarius Filii Dei" which is Latin for Vicar of the Son of God.(15) If you translate each letter of the Pope's title into it's Roman numeral equivalent, the sum equals 666. Look:

V = 5 in Roman numerology

i = 1

c = 100

a = 0

r = 0

i = 1

u = 5 (the letters V and U have the same value; see any encyclopedia

s = 0 under "alphabet")

F = 0

i = 1

L = 50

i = 1

i = 1

D = 500

e = 0

i = 1 Grand total = 666
Just a possibility

Not this hoary old piece of slander again! The Pope doesn't even use that title, and that assertion is a piece of anti-Catholic bigotry which is surprisingly popular.
Vicky

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DWDriver

Islam is the beast.[quote/]
How very convenient for your country's Empire! Iffen y'all down to Bugtussle were still fightin' them durned Commanists, you'd have made it come out Vladimir Putin!
Care to explain why you decide man was plural?
V.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join