It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666-where does it come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Something to add to the discussion
www.ridingthebeast.com...

Charagma - The Mark in Mark of the Beast
The Greek word for mark is charagma. Strong's Concordance defines charagma as "a scratch or etching", "a badge of servitude", "graven", and finally "mark"
Interestingly, spelling out 666 in words accurately preserves the original use of the Greek language. If we look at the Greek we see that 666 is presented with three words: Chi - Xi - Stigma.

The numeric values of these three Greek letters add up to 666. Strong's Concordance gives stigma the following definition: "to 'stick' ... a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership) ... mark." With the definitions of stick, incised, punched, and mark, stigma is very close to the definition of charagma.
Stigma and charagma both support the idea of a syringe injectable microchip like the Verichip. Stigma has also made it into the English language where it's defined as "a mark of infamy or disgrace," there's an obvious carryover from its use in Revelation.
A recent acquisition by Applied Digital Solutions is eXI Wireless, remember that Xi is the 60 in 666. Also related is Six Sigma Security, a company that has recently adopted the Verichip [12]. Another purchase is Xmark (a division of Instantel who's products include WatchMate and Hugs,) the similarities are obvious.
Charagma, epi, and xi-chi-stigma (666) all have very important meanings. After studying the Greek words its easy to see that the Mark of the Beast is closely related to implants like the Verichip. We must honestly weigh all the evidence when considering this possibilty, it's much more than just coincidence and hype. end.
Did anyone else see an interview with the late Aaron Russo, who stated that that Nick Rockafellar told of a plan in the works to microchip everyone, and predicted 9-11 almost a year before it occured?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There is no mathematical relationship between "6" and "666".

The number 6 does not represent "imperfection" or incompletion. God completed His creation at each and every day, and called it all good. The only thing incomplete was the creation of the "week" and if one believes that God is the Creator of the world and of man, then he/she ought to be found keeping the seventh day holy. Since I was created in His image, I will then rest as He did.

Ecclesiates 8:9 says nothing about the number 6 or 666.

The reason for all these bogus beliefs, is to fill the void of not knowing, and adds more straw on top of the proverbial needle, making all the harder to find.

The publisher has finally finished my book: Everything You Need To Know About The Number 666.

ISBN 13: 978-1-4141-0819-3
ISBN 10: 1-4141-0819-2
Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 2006907313

Amazon.com has it for $9.99

It covers an 1800 + years of history that aligns with the prophecy with the most accurate precision.

Originally posted by lostinspace
The book of Genesis identifies the meaning of the numbers six and seven. Seven is easy to explain, but six requires wisdom to figure it out why six is worse than seven.

Genesis 2:2 reads
"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made."

Everything he made was "very good", and that proclamation came at the end of the sixth creative day. Six still sounds pretty good but it wasn't considered finished until the seventh day.

These next scriptures set the wisdom in motion as to why it is a man's number and falls short of God's number seven.

Genesis 6:5,12
"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth."

The Deluge happened after this proclamation. Since man ruined the earth, God decided to ruin man. He was so hurt by their erring ways he went as far as to say he felt regret that he made them.

Man formed many governments after the Deluge and the peoples of the earth suffered from those "trial and errors" up to this day. Suffering was a constant result with human rulers. Mankind always complained about how they were being oppressed. Good intentions usually turned into corrupt leaders. The list could go on and on. Could the governments increase longevity or stop sickness or even death? No. But God says he can.

The number six represents man's rulership over himself. Man has ruleth over another man to his own hurt. (Ecc. 8:9)

[edit on 22-11-2007 by addvantage666]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
During the making of one of the exorcist films, the second one i think, the fax machine completely turned of and wouldn't go back on but it was printing out constant 6's

No it didn't.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

the 3 fishes of life. it's the life of jesus represented in a number. the six is the symbol of christ. each stage of life has 6 stages. divided into the 3 parts of life.

that's my take.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
666 comes from babylonian "divine math" that the jews picked up during exile. The Babylonians had some sort of divine number system where they only used the numbers 6, 60, and 600 in matters of religion or some such.

[edit on 11/26/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
See my post under the other thread on this topic dated 12/2/07.

666 is the number of the "old man" the natural mind of the flesh that is the enemy of God in all people. People looking for a specific person here are going to be dissappointed. 1 John 5:19 - the whole world lies in the evil one.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rugoolian
well if 666 also means WWW then explain this then most websites on the net start with www

That is the point exactly, it is now being used by everyone and many have become dependent on it on a daily basis. You must admit that internet commerse continues to grow as a result. The GoodBook says no one will be able to buy unless they have this mark on their person, IP address or internet RFID perhaps?

When Daniel (I think it was) had his revelation dream and glimpsed into the future, did he see people typing www every which way?
How would Biblical man describe this to his peers?
The only letter resembling a "W" at that time was also written as a V, both of which happens to be the 6th letter of Hebrew alphabet, if memory serves.

If the internet is indeed what will spell our doom then that makes its inventor Al Gore the anti-Christ. He is after all already preaching global gloom and doom. Maybe he has inside knowledge of what will happen because he is involved in its roll out?

Of course more will be revealed as we prepare to enter the next era of the internet and the new IP version is introduced on a global scale. Enough IP addresses for every computer and person on the planet they say.
This new IP version is now in its infancy and is known as IPv6.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
For those that believe the book is for real: I humbly suggest you stop looking for mystical number meanings and instead focus on the practical and straightforward beauty of creation, itself.

666 is a reference to the carbon atom. Six neutrons, six electrons, six protons. It's described in the book as "the number of man", and "the number of the beast" because all life on Earth is carbon based.

You've heard we're on the crest of a global energy crisis? You've heard that industrial and personal energy consumption is the cause of global warming? Well...

I've seen several ads recently that attempted to make me feel guilty for what they called my "Carbon Footprint". Have you seen this? This "Carbon Footprint" is also known as a "Carbon Number" and refers to our personal levels of energy consumpiton, be it gas for our cars, our light bills, or how many groceries we buy.

In any case, government regulation of our personal energy consumption is not a far stretch when imagining a world in the throws of a full blown energy crisis be it real or faked. If we're all assigned a regulated "Carbon Number" we'll not be able to either buy or sell without utilizing it.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
666 = bible scare/fear tactics

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Everything Man knows, he learned from watching the sky. All those numbers and symbols in all religions came from Astrology.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
AS a muslim, I would like to share our ISLAMIC believe on the anti christ, We too believe the :
(A)the anti-chirst or koranically translated as (the false messiah) accurate to which evils he will mimic,ie the mircles of the christ. which i presume is the christans know him as anti christ.
Source(en.wikipedia.org...)
(B)He will be marked with KAFIR on this forehead. described as he will wear the mark of letters that makeup the word(KAFIR) in Modern English Language is K-F-R

NOW pay attention and look it up on google compare the ENGLISH K_F_R to that from Greek numbers (666) all brothers X_E_s(approxiately looks the same)

From a Muslim Brother.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I Had heard that 666 was a code name for a Roman Emperor "Nero" Claudius Caesar Drusus Germanicus which was his name after the age of 50. His name given to him at birth was Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus,

Nero's rule is often associated with tyranny and extravagance. He is known for a number of executions, including those of his mother and adoptive brother, as the emperor who "fiddled while Rome burned", and as an early persecutor of Christians. This view is based upon the main surviving sources for Nero's reign — Tacitus, Suetonius and Cassius Dio. Few surviving sources paint Nero in a favorable light. Some sources, though, including those mentioned above, portray him as an emperor who was popular with the common Roman people, especially in the East.

Source

While looking atthe above i also stumbled across this.
Source

For centuries, people have been intrigued by the number 666, the "number of the beast" from the Book of Revelation in the New Testament. Not only is it mentioned in the Bible, it has been associated with the Satanism, universal price codes and the game of roulette, as the numbers on the wheel add up to 666. Now, the legendary number is getting a fresh look, as researchers are re-examining evidence the number may actually be 616.
Fragment from Book of Revelation mentions 616 in the third line – chi, iota, sigma (courtesy Egypt Exploration Society) In the King James Version of the Bible, the well-known verse of Revelation 13:18 reads: "Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." While many Bible have footnotes saying the number translated from the original Greek could be 616, experts say new photographic evidence of an ancient fragment of papyrus from Revelation indeed indicates the number is indeed 616, instead of 666.

[edit on 21/4/2009 by wycky]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I know the only name that comes out to 666 in every single language's gematria, and all seven ways the name can be spelled in the Hebrew Gematria.

MAITREYA = 666 in every single language. This is the BEAST.

www.share-international.org

Trust me guys. THIS IS THE BEAST.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

But does 666 mean anything, if The Mark of the Beast could be 616?? as posted above?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I know its probably been said, but apparently they found the oldest versions of the texts and the number is actually 616, supposedly it just got mistranslated over the years, or perhaps it's all to confuse and seperate people even more.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Breaker

lol should have read one comment up, my bad.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Sorry, but you are all wrong. The number is related to sacred geometry and harmonics.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
John, exiled to living in a cave that has minute ammounts of gas
which likely caused delirium & other-worldly/non-ordinary reality
distortions of his thinking, had a moment of clarity ....

John is telling the 'reader' that "Here is Wisdom":
the number of the Beast is- - - -

the Wisdom is infact.. the knowledge of using the process & having trust in the use of the Dark-Arts of 'Mysticism' and 'Numberology' to discern the identity of the Beast.
...is itself Anti-christ in it's essence.

have you too been duped into seeking after the identity of the 'Beast',
and consuming oneself in the darker-aspects ?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infoliberator
Sorry, but you are all wrong. The number is related to sacred geometry and harmonics.

So 666 has nothing to do with Christianity??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join