It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Science Advisor's Office Grants UFO Appeal (We the People petition)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Obama Science Advisor's Office Grants UFO Appeal

The Office of Science and Technology has granted a January 1, 2012 appeal that was filed on UFOs. The original reply to a FOIA dated November 9, 2011 stated that there were no UFO documents inside the OSTP. Now They have found and provided 15 pages of UFO documents in reply to the appeal.

It should be noted that there is no important new material but what was released will be posted shortly in the FOIA section. Secondly it should be noted that the OSTP stated in its appeal reply that "none of these documents were used as background material for Mr. Larson's web posting." ( related to the ET petition)

While diggin around on the internet I found this little blurb about the We the People program. Apparently the OSTP made a mistake when they said no documents exist.

While chances are nothing is going to come from this it did make me wonder. The answer they gave was restricted to the OSTP. Did they do any checks with other government agencies? The FBI released their massive file collection, which contained UFO documents.

To me it looks like the Government was trying to be sneaky by telling the "truth" while it was wrapped up in a lie.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
At least that is a start. From totally denying the existence of UFO files to some documents in their possession. They prefer the soft disclosure approach. Later, they can say that they also have UFO files in other agencies. It's just that they are not yet coordinated and hence they were not able to retrieve the UFO files from all the agencies at the same time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It's about time I guess

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfis
It's about time I guess

Time for what?
Even if they did know something they
are not going to let us know..
It is a ploy to make it look like
they are being *open* and *transparent*
while we the people are still nowhere
closer to the truth.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Maybe a next UFO hype to keep the lot of you busy while a hostile foreign policy move is made?

Wake up, this is just a bunch of non-sense.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Most likely thinking there might be an appeal, they got a couple of lacky's to go in a
backroom, write up some stupid reports, then 'redact' 90% of it with a black marker
for authenticity, and thats what will get 'released' !
A big fat NOTHING !

Peace
edit on 062929p://02America/Chicago14 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

What do you expect? For example the history is nowhere "right version" as it should be because the winner rewrites it as needed. USA has it's own version, Russia has it's own by political, ethical, etc means. The same is for sensitive material: UFO, Religion.

Even if they disclose something or say that they were wrong (at some degree).. well it is soft start and this is move forward.

But in my personal opinion there is no use to try to guess or try to find "real" truth from other sources, which were given to you besides your own research and findings. And to sum things up: we have many witnesses of UFO cases, talks, conferences, books, personal memos and stuff like that.. so we can compare those with gov version of "truth" and we'll see what we got.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We ythe People will NOT get the truthabout anything till we tear down the system and look into the files for ourselves.....
The feeling i get from the wat the govermenthas handled the UFO situation is that they are hoping to reap any technical information from the investigations they have going, while playing just plain stupid games with the legal system of FOI....
There will be no disclosure till we rip the info out of very selfish fingers....
Theres two levels of existance in the world....those who know, and dont tell
And those who tell but dont really know....
Any of the former who get ideas of disclosure are dealt with by the silencers who marginalize or kill them as quickly as possible.....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If what all these UFO people say is true then the original files don't even exist.

Why would the government allow to exist files that would incriminate them?

If your intent is to keep something secret, as the UFO people argue, then you destroy.

They can't alter the present, but they can rewrite history, if they're the ones that pull the strings. And they generally are. They're the ones that get the reports. Look at Blue Book. People were supposed to send reports to Blue Book through various official channels. If the government wanted to rewrite history then this is how they'd do it. If a crash happens or something that's outside their property then they can secure it militarily and slap a National Security label on it so that they, once again, are in control of the information.

I consider it nearly impossible that our government could keep something like this secret without the lid blowing off. So the only possible conclusion is that there's a superior power involved. Everyone knows that humans are clumsy. We couldn't keep this secret. But maybe it's not humans that're keeping it secret.

What if I turned all this around and said that humans created the UFOs. Would we still fail at keeping it secret? Very likely and plausible! For instance, we were only able to keep the SR-71 secret for years, not several decades. Same for most any other skunkworks project. While we could better predict crashes of man-made craft and therefore more easily contain them, we certainly can't know what every person on earth is doing (to prevent big leaks). Someone would have made a mistake by now. We would know that our government absolutely has built craft that greatly exceed conventional limits of all sorts. Switching it around so that instead of alien UFOs they're human UFOs doesn't change the results much at all.

Either humans have somehow imagined UFO history or a higher power is influencing things. One that can play with our minds like children play with toys. One that can prevent a full disclosure from happening.

Which do you think is more likely? It depends. Is there a superior intelligence? How could it be invisible? That's a great question. Maybe it's more sensible to assume UFO history is all imagined. Who can say?

You see, one can not say that partial disclosure proves they have not completely kept it secret and therefore a higher power is unneeded. But, on hte contrary, it might be that the partial disclosure did not happen and hte evidence can be put into question. Alternatively, it might be that a partial disclosure is impossible without a full disclosure. I believe that a partial disclosure has not happened because if it did then we would have a full disclosure soon after. The reason I think this is because you cannot shut up people. They like to talk. The truth would get out and spread like viruses. It would be unstoppable.
edit on 14-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
For instance, we were only able to keep the SR-71 secret for years, not several decades. Same for most any other skunkworks project.

Hold on. Was the SR-71 exposed due to unintentional leaks, or was it intentionally revealed? I thought it was the second, so it says nothing about how long the government could keep an aircraft secret if it wanted to.

The F-117 was secret until it was used in war.

The U-2 was very secret and made public only when Powers was shot down and the USSR went public first.

top topics

join