It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a scientist say,"WTF=Where're the Flares?",do you think the Big One is coming?..Next Days.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

As far as a cover-up... Nah! Even the smartest astrophysicist can't predict the intensity of a flare or CME at any given time.
I agree with you,but at list somewhere far from the truth they try to know something,neither the intensity nor the timing and less the effects.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just found this on Wiki:

The 1989 Geomagnetic Storm
en.wikipedia.org...

It was so powerful, some thought a Nuke war began.... scary. We didn't have SOHO then did we?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It literally IS Russian roullette with the Sun & Earth Odds are that luck is running out soon.
Very lucky,you are right as more as we plunge into personal comfort and even less time we are alert to what might happen've been lucky.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

We didn't have SOHO then did we?
Right, we have SOHO now...and?.....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't think solar flares can be predicted like the weather. A fluxuating magnetic field doesn't have much of a pattern to it like our climate does
Again you are right,these days not even the weather can be predicted but the behavior of the Sun,as about the pattern they have one but Sun is a Star and sure a star behave VERY unpredictable.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
time to bust out the spf 200.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
time to bust out the spf 200.
And replace it with what..!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just as I thought.

source(www.lmsal.com...

hmmm ..but watch for what's to come...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

This one it'e not even counted and numbered and that means the statement from IMSAL it's real for what's to come.

edit on 14-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: n

edit on 14-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: at

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

but all the scientist stated as far as I could tell is "where're the flares?" This is a question and does not in any way suggest that the scientist is implying a massive solar flare is going to happen. Unless you have more information which shows the scientist suggested such an out come I don't see why you are jumping to such conclusions.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

This is a question and does not in any way suggest that the scientist is implying a massive solar flare is going to happen
I think it's just about to happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

This is a question and does not in any way suggest that the scientist is implying a massive solar flare is going to happen

You've been thinking *it's* about to happen for a long long time......

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I am by no means a credible solar physicist or in fact a physicist but by judging how poorly the graph is put together.

Looks like the work of an amateur considering some blocks being pasted over others and what type of physicist/scientist uses the acronym WTF as some sort of feeble word play id it is such a serious observation.. I seriously doubt it is any raise for concern.

I am from Southern African region and I recall we had a warning quite recently that a massive solar flare was coming earth's way and since the magnetic fields are at their weakest in my region there would be very little protection and communication systems could be disrupted, caused quite a stir around the locals until the predicted time of "impact" followed by, well nothing unusual.

But hey I could be wrong and this "graph" can mark the impending doom of earth, guess all forms of media are too busy with internal problems to warn us about it and NASA seem to be out of the loop as well. Hope they can make a more tangible graph to simplify it for us average folk if they ever do find out.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You've been thinking *it's* about to happen for a long long time......
An X 14 means that is the beginning,no need to think to much in the front of evidence.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

But hey I could be wrong and this "graph"
No they are not, this is a scientific work and they are not mistaken they cannot be, this is the work of the best minds in this matter.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I just recently seen the movie Knowing the other night, and this thread happened to catch my eyes. I do understand it is a movie, but I am just concerned about what they missed. They knew there was going to be a solar flare, but didn't know if it was going to be that massive. Something overlooked should be looked over again. Interesting thread OP

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You are the hero that Gotham needs

Line

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Looks like the work of an amateur
Really? Calling this guys "amateur" is a sin-LOCKHEED MARTIN SOLAR & ASTROPHYSICS LABORATORY.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

to warn us about it
No one will warn you...who need civil wars and social unrest!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

to warn us about it
No one will warn you...who need civil wars and social unrest!

Shouldn't you be building a shelter or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join