When a scientist say,"WTF=Where're the Flares?",do you think the Big One is coming?..Next Days.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

(so he wont get fired)
I hope not,but if this is an issue then....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

(so he wont get fired)

exactly, either way it means something!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

(so he wont get fired)

Anyway they will not alert the population to such an event because there is no protection solutions.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

(so he wont get fired)

It could just as easily mean everything has calmed down, nothing to see, move along.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

well thank you for the heads up, though I am in North Africa, Algeria, I'm hoping my home in the mountains, gets missed, lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

well thank you for the heads up, though I am in North Africa, Algeria, I'm hoping my home in the mountains, gets missed, lol.
Depends of the many things,how will hit and what will be the effect,for sure some of use will be safe but not many.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Oh sheesh!

Well I'm off to the nearest mountain to throw myself off, no point in waiting to be fried horribly, I may as well get it over quickly...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Many wish many things.Unfortunately for them is not possible as the events unfolding next period of time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

no point in waiting to be fried horribly
Electronics for sure will be.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This information is hard to interpret but while I would say a decrease in activity may mean a later date of focused activity to make a blanket statement saying that such is certainly to be the outcome I think is inaccurate. As far as I know there is no evidence supporting that if the sun becomes inactive for a time that it must become more active later as a result. I do however see why such a thought could be considered because a tsunami is proceeded by low tide much like one might think a massive solar flare is proceeded by solar flare inactivity. As far as I know though, there is no evidence to suggest such an outcome.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You're wasting your time, some of the people on here are so simple minded and delusional it's astonishing. You'll be accused of 'covering something up' and 'working for the government' soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm an avid skywatcher, and from what research I have done, its near impossible to even see northern lights here, I'm more concerned if this wtf is real, what will happen to the northern hemisphere, where it seems most auroras are viewed,, and how this also would relate to curent seismic and volcanic activity (currently watching California) and the areas where strange sounds have been reported. I just wonder if a huge flare hit, if these areas would be more prone to damage?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

As far as I know though, there is no evidence to suggest such an outcome.
You can not get an evidence as long as there are no predictions of events from the Sun as much as those for Earth cannot be provided.The only evidence is the statement from a scientist in my opening post.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

I just wonder if a huge flare hit, if these areas would be more prone to damage
Is like looking for needle in haystack, nobody can say who will be the most protected.Hard to say.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

You'll be accused of 'covering something up' and 'working for the government' soon.
Hmm ,I wonder who is who....as far as I know

edit on 14-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: I know....for real.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We have had X class flares in 2003 when the sun was quiet, and SOHO went into what is called "BAKE OUT" mode. It shuts down to protect the craft. The 2003 X class was off the charts. Some Scientists think it could have been an X-40+! (and proton record in 2005)

We're still here... It DID knock out a Russian sat. though... Unless we got like 4 X Class flares in a row, I wouldn't worry.

When an X class flare hits the earth, planes using the north 35p route is like getting a chest xray twice every HOUR! (Solar flares compress the protective field around the planet).

Nothing to really worry about unless we get 3-4 in a row.

In modern times, the largest solar flare measured with instruments occurred on November 4, 2003. This event saturated the GOES detectors, and because of this its classification is only approximate. Initially, extrapolating the GOES curve, it was pegged at X28.[12] Later analysis of the ionospheric effects suggested increasing this estimate to X45.[13] This event produced the first clear evidence of a new spectral component above 100 GHz.[14] Other large solar flares also occurred on April 2, 2001 (X20),[15] October 28, 2003 (X17.2 & X10),[16] September 7, 2005 (X17),[17] February 17, 2011 (X2).[18][19][20] and August 10, 2011 (X6.9).[21] In 1989, during solar cycle 22 two large flares occurred on March 6 (X15) (see: March 1989 geomagnetic storm) and August 16 (X20) causing disruptions in electric grids and computer systems
edit on 2/14/2012 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

You're wasting your time, some of the people on here are so simple minded and delusional
Of course,I see a lot of science and proof from other people.....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

When an X class flare hits the earth, planes using the north 35p route is like getting a chest xray twice every HOUR! (Solar flares compress the protective field around the planet).
You see....we have even a M class flares which hit hard then many X flares.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I don't think solar flares can be predicted like the weather. A fluxuating magnetic field doesn't have much of a pattern to it like our climate does. Sure we can monitor sunspots and guestimate the possibilities of a flare erupting but the Sun has MANY magnetic fields intertwined and twisting and a flare could erupt at any time.

It literally IS Russian roullette with the Sun & Earth. So far we've been lucky. Odds are that luck is running out soon.

As far as a cover-up... Nah! Even the smartest astrophysicist can't predict the intensity of a flare or CME before it's happened.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

I think you're reading into the WTF too much...
No i am not ,"WTF=Where're the Flares?" as he says on the graph "WTF??" instead of OMG??
Take a look at it again
I took it,same thing, no difference from what I stated.
So you missed the bit that says ""WTF = Where're The Flares, OF COURSE"" or are you just ignoring that bit?

Lol total sense at last! The Of Course meant nothing unless taken just as you state.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join