Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

When a scientist say,"WTF=Where're the Flares?",do you think the Big One is coming?..Next Days.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It's so weird!

Didn't they know that chart goes online, to everyone see?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
It's so weird!

Didn't they know that chart goes online, to everyone see?

From time to time that sever goes down either to recalibrating or to to not cause panic when big events are in progress.
edit on 14-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: p

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

"wtf where're the flares?, of course"

sorry op the rest of the jargon on the graph doesnt fit and im 93% sure that "wtf" statement was inserted by an attention grogg who cant find real life interesting enough, and i dont get how a few days of quiet solar activity means there will be an x30 flare? or even a solar pole shift?

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

(its dot gov should we all ignore it???????)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulorf86

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by paulorf86

Originally posted by diamondsmith
I am very worried when a scientist make such an exclamation.This is not good.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm too dumb for this, but would you care to elaborate? I didn't get it at all.
The absence of solar activity in terms of flares could lead to the idea that the sun is preparing for a pick in activity...maybe this days,as a magnetic pole reversal from the sun is coming.

Oh, ok, that's much easier than the graphics haha, thanks! So, it's like in Gandalf's statement: "A deep plunge before the end"?
Really I am worried about this,usually IMSAL doesn't make such post in their charts.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Why would a comment saying "Where's The Flares?" suggest a X28 or X30 flare??

Doesn't make any sense.

As for the actual comment, "Where's The Flares?" I would hazard a guess that sunspot 1416 was expected to flare, but didn't.

From the 12th Feb:

BIG SUNSPOT: Sunspot AR1416 tripled in size this weekend and, in the process, developed a "beta-gamma" magnetic field that harbors energy for M-class solar flares. NOAA forecasters estimate a 30% chance of M-flares during the next 24 hours. Any such eruption would likely be Earth-directed as the sunspot is facing our planet.

Spaceweather

edit on 14/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

sorry op the rest of the jargon on the graph doesnt fit and im 93% sure that "wtf" statement was inserted
I studied those charts for a long time and I think they are the best, those charts and statements are the most accurate.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Why would a comment saying "Where's The Flares?" suggest a X28 or X30 flare??

Because The absence of the flares can be a very serious given that there was NEVER "absence" of the flares.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

also not being particularly educated in this field, i really have no idea what i am looking at
I try to explain this here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

it is indeed strange. This will be something to keep an eye on....
Maybe more data will collected next days from satellites,and we will have a clue if something will come as the prediction are very hard to do this days even with scientific data.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Welcome to the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory. LMSAL is a department of the Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center (ATC) in Palo Alto, CA. We are a group of scientists and engineers who design, build, and operate solar and astrophysical observing instruments. LMSAL and the Space Physics Lab comprise the ATC's Space Sciences Office.

www.lmsal.com...

(Interesting... Look at the logo of Lockheed Martin in that page. The logo says: "We never forget who we're working for", and has a strange symbol that looks like part of a satanic Pentagram...
)
edit on 14-2-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

there was NEVER "absence" of the flares.

I don't know where you got that from but there have been hundreds, if not thousands of days without flares.

In 2009 there were 260 days without sunspots...No sunspots = No flares.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

In 2009 there were 260 days without sunspots...No sunspots = No flares.
I think this is the problem ,that's why that exclamation,absence of sunspots doesn't mean absence of flares.Absence of flares is something very serious.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

k well samuel freeland of lockheed martin did do the chart but the web domain is for student projects. please see YPOP as the author spearheads the group using a japanese satellite and how do a few days of silent solar activity indicate an x30 solar flare or polar reversal on the sun? i find it all way too bottom shelf

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

You can't have a solar flare without a sunspot to produce it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

We are a group of scientists and engineers who design, build, and operate solar and astrophysical observing instruments. LMSAL and the Space Physics Lab comprise the ATC's Space Sciences Office
They are the best and they prove real and very accurate data,as about the symbols they are just symbols that can be interpreted in any way,but what is more important is why such an exclamation.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Not only a big one maybe X28 or X30 but maybe also this is happening in parallel.Scientist can say better....

Text..  Headed for a Grand Solar Minimum And a Grand Cooling! 21 Jun 10 - Email from Dr. John van Kampen Prof. dr. Cees de Jager is a prominent astronomer and solar expert and former head of the Utrecht University Observatory "Zonneberg" - The Netherlands. He claims (and has been doing so for a long time already) that we are bound for a long period of very low solar activity. He and his colleagues think we are headed for a "long Grand Minimum" - either a Gleisberg or a Maunder Minimum - "not shorter than a century." A sunspot of cycle 23 (equator) and first sunspot of cycle 24 (top). (4 Jan 08). This means, but is not explicitly expressed by Dr. de Jager, that we are bound for a grand cooling. I know Prof. de Jager in person and I have great respect for his scientific and skeptical attitudes. If he says so, it will appear so. I have no reason to doubt his expertise - I never have! Best regards, Dr. John van Kampen mcij Granada Spain
source(www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

well samuel freeland of lockheed martin did do the chart but the web domain is for student projects.
No it is not for students is for real science and they give info in REAL TIME,the most accurate and scientific based.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You can't have a solar flare without a sunspot to produce it.

This is what is so worrying and what make me think the Big One Is coming,but we will see.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

(Interesting... Look at the logo of Lockheed Martin in that page. The logo says: "We never forget who we're working for", and has a strange symbol that looks like part of a satanic Pentagram...
No there is nothing wrong in that logo,it's just a logo.I try to take what I have posted in the opening post as a serious matter,more then a prediction.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Right firstly, S+F for finding and presenting an object of intense interest.

It is topical, relevant, up to date and from a worthy source.

LOCKHEED MARTIN SOLAR & ASTROPHYSICS LABORATORY
(They get paid enough to be sued if they're wrong.)

WTF is a double entendre, i imagine the normal wtf was the first impulse, corrected for the boss.

Clearly from the 13th the index almost flatlines, not quite though, so instrument failure seems unlikely.

So we have now 1,5 days which stand out immediately from the previous days in one aspect, the other graphs SEEM normal. If you compare with previous dates here: Archive

The files are inspected daily, with various comments added for anything noteworthy, such as flares and eruptions etc. So if something odd happened, someone would notice, which it seems they have. Finding NO solar flares during the peak (near enough) of Cycle 24 would have caught their attention.

I don't know what to add, i don't agree that it "forecasts" anything at all, but that being said, i wouldn't know how to read it if it was. This is worth investigating deeper, and keeping an eye on it.

OP, thanks again, and well done!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join