It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a scientist say,"WTF=Where're the Flares?",do you think the Big One is coming?..Next Days.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

This makes more sense, I realize I am early in this thread and perhaps there is more to read, but I am experiencing the solar winds here in the Midwest. It has probably already happened and we are feeling the typical affects now.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I love it lie like others
I think I didn't expressed my self well.

I NEVER LIE.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Are you going to take this statement back in a couple of days when nothing catastrophic occurs ? I bet you won't. Your's is a one way street.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

catastrophic
It is not my statement.

My statement is this:

-When a scientist say,"WTF=Where're the Flares?",do you think the Big One is coming?..Next Days.-

But define catastrophic.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

My oh my it just goes on for pages and pages. Ok you win, you're absolutly correct, we are all going to die. We will all be dead within a few months. No life at all left expect for the elite who will now be the grunts but thats another tread entirely. Happy now fella?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by YellowRoseTx51

Better question is what's this about the earth emitting light ? You're kidding right ? We do not emit light we only reflect light. Or is this one of those new agey things about enlightenment ? There's another forum entirlely didicated to stuff of that nature.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

yeah ok what ever.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by smurfy

While we are all freezing, the world is heating up from AGW. Yep, the ideal scenario, the scientific world is both right and wrong.
I don't understand ,what is AGW?I think they don't know how to compare scientific data these days as scientific data can contradict itself.

much like yourself.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulorf86

I am very worried when a scientist make such an exclamation.This is not good.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm too dumb for this, but would you care to elaborate? I didn't get it at all.
The absence of solar activity in terms of flares could lead to the idea that the sun is preparing for a pick in activity...maybe this days,as a magnetic pole reversal from the sun is coming.

I doubt the sun is "preparing" unless the sun is a conscious being. As far as pole reversals, the sun is constantly reversing its poles its just a magnetic soup.

Now are we due an increase in solar activity? Yes, no doubt about it. BUT, huge BUT, that is only a guesstimate based on historical records which shows patterns. This is NOT a guarantee of either minimal activity OR devastating activity, merely highly likely.

That said our reliance on space base technology (comms satellites basically) has increased significantly since the last solar burst which means any "hit" will be far more devastating than the last one.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Back in 2003 the east coast was hit by hurricane Isabel and it took out power in four states, NC, VA, MD and DE. The night sky was amazing without all the light pollution ! We could see the misty cloudy swirls of the milkey way and millions of stars. Something to look forward to huh ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

yeah ok what ever.
Never

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

actually, the flares are all back = same as before. it was just a lull due to the magnetic shift the sun is undergoing.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I take it as the scientist being cheeky. WTF... [W]here are [T]he [F]lares.

But yeah, a pronounced break can mean that a big flare is about to come. But no obvious indication that it would be "catastrophic" at least that I can recognize.

-rrr

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ok Diamondsmith I'm gonna give you a flag. Just because you were ahead of the curve of this new doomsday scenario sensation.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by brettrix

actually, the flares are all back = same as before. it was just a lull due to the magnetic shift the sun is undergoing.
No they are not.

www.lmsal.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

But yeah, a pronounced break can mean that a big flare is about to come.
A i have said before,

"The danger that we don't see,is the last thing that we may see"

diamonsmith

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

"The danger that we don't see,is the last thing that we may see"

diamonsmith

The only danger is when the sun starts to die and expands into a red giant, and that won't be for a few billion years yet.

The worst that will ever happen until then is power cuts and communication blackouts.

The only humans that will ever be in danger are those that are in orbit, say aboard the ISS.
edit on 16/2/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That was just a quote related to the fragility of the human life.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

But do you agree that no harm will ever come to us from the Sun, well, unless your life relies heavily upon electronics?

Here is a page for you to read:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

unless your life relies heavily upon electronics?
Unfortunately human life is based entirely on modern devices these days,and a very strong CME will get us back in time with hundred of years.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join