It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya Tells UN Rights Council: "Gays threaten continuation of human race"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Libya Tells UN Rights Council: "Gays threaten continuation of human race"

www.uruknet.info

GENEVA, Feb. 13, 2012 – Gays threaten the continuation of the human race, Libya’s delegate told a planning meeting of the UN Human Rights Council today, reported the Geneva-based UN Watch monitoring group. It was the first appearance in the 47-nation body by the post-Gaddafi government, whose membership was restored in November following Libya’s suspension in March.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well, seems like the new Libyan government isn't as democractic or liberty-oriented as we were lead to believe.

It isn't really all that surprising to see an Islamic government responding negatively about homosexuality, but as the article goes on to say:

"No violations of human rights will take place on Libyan territory in the future and if it happens the perpetrator will never get away with it," he vowed.

Despite the pledges, however, Neuer said "the restoration of the new Libyan regime to the council, supported by 123 states including all of the Western democracies, was carried out precipitously and without any record of its commitment to human rights domestically and abroad. The new rulers’ pledges are being broken."

"Gays are now paying the price, with their right to be free from violent attacks now being undermined at the UN by a country that democratic countries fought to liberate, and by a goverment that our leaders helped install. It’s all very disconcerting."

It seems like the UN is now unimpressed with the results from the Libyan "revolution".

www.uruknet.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Lybia is making up a valid point. Gays cannot produce offspring (typically). Though at the moment , gays can adopt children who need a home , so they would be doing us a favor at the moment. The only problem gays really pose at the moment is the significant increase in STD likely hood and and spread of STDs in bisexual relationships.

They arnt threatening the human race , i doubt they will ever get to that point.

They would have been in a better position by saying increased chance of STDs instead of threatening the human race because of reproduction , which is rampant.
edit on 14-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

They would have been in a better position by saying that homosexuality is not a choice handed to people by government for the sake of better statistics

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Please quote your sources AND statistics regarding gays and STD's, you seem so sure of your point that you must have sources!!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The entire world is still ignorant on the fact that there are more bisexuals compared to "mono / pure" homosexuals.

"mono / pure" homosexuals are harmless because they let people know their identity and stay gay pride till death.

Discreet (in the closet) bisexuals are dangerous because they cheat their woman wife and worse, pretend strongly to be straight.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Closed mindedness is the biggest threat to the continuation of the human race.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Goes to show they are not in step with the UN. Stopping the continuation of the human race is their top priority. The Libyan's will soon find out they were merely used by the NWO crowd for their own profits. Use them and lose them is their motto. Keep fighting and killing each other instead of realizing we all have a common enemy. At least come together long enough to defeat that enemy. How much destruction? How many dead? Until the realization that we are all being manipulated by a small crowd of blood thirsty savages who are drunk with power and greed.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Religion is the biggest threat to the continuation of humanity.

Especially the bigoted zealots that spout their BS.

Cosmic..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I was looking for population numbers to disprove this absurd claim, and found this amazing site. Realtime statistics of just about everything happening on the planet right now, take a look :www.worldometers.info...It's far more interesting than what some nutjob fanatic is on going on about

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This is trash. While it is true that homosexuals cannot have children with each other, they still have the urge to have children like most people. And with spem donors, surrogates, and the like this really is not an issue. I would like to think that all homosexuals would adopt, but not likely.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The only way it could threaten the continuation of the human race is if EVERYONE on the planet was homosexual.

'Allowing' or 'enabling' (to use some horrible terminology I got from the WBC) gay people in the community isn't going to make 'gayness' catching. If you're in a group of 15 people and 9 of them are gay, the 6 straight people aren't going to just decide to be gay, the same as gay people aren't going to just decide to be straight because they're around straight people.

People would have to stop having sex, and having kids for there to be a threat.

And I'm not an expert, but I think there are still a fair few people who find their opposite gender attractive enough to keep the world going.

Homosexuality goes back to the start of civilisation. And in some cultures, it was revered, openly celebrated and practised without compunction. Empresses of the Roman Empire were prostitutes, dildo's were found in Pompeii (I've heard some religious nuts have stated that Pompeii was buried as a warning to others who openly practised and enjoyed sex and homosexual acts, similar to Sodom and Gomorrah), there was even a New Zealand MP who is a transexual and used to be a prostitute.

Being gay is as natural as breathing. Such ridiculous stances on a diverse population serve to do nothing more than make Libya look outdated, old world and out of touch with the people around them.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Oh boy! It's this thread again.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Good to see you religious folks sticking together on this one.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
And this is almost a year after USA/NATO bombed up Libya, Gaddafi's grandchild, and had no *cough* ground troops and didnt poison the water supply with URANIUM

Figures they would feel that way about "pansies" threat to continued human (over)population.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I agree with your post, I just want to point out that a lot more Gays would adopt if only they were allowed to!

Some of the greatest and most memorable moments of my life, according to me, have been while looking after my sisters or brothers children!

I would've if I could've!
edit on 14/2/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Eh? Using that logic, soldiers threaten the continuation of the human race. Sharks threaten the continuation of the human race. Falling satellites threaten the continuation of the human race.

Its incredibly annoying when opinions formed from hypocritical religious fervour are used to not only propagate myths but to openly subjegate a minority.

Don't bring America into this - these opinions are societal ones by the looks of it - and haven't suddenly come about.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do the gay loving parade always come out on Ats once a week?

Whats wrong with you? Go to a strip bar... you might actually remember that being wit a girl is whats meant to be...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I love it.

Overthrow a dictator, go through a civil war, get your stuff together and first thing on the agenda is:

Down with the gays!

Well done Libya...well done.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Actually the whole bisexual/gays have more STD's that heterosexuals is a crock of crap, forgive my french.

The only reason that statistic exists is that bisexuals and homosexuals are more likely to get tested for STD's, therefore make up more of the reporting statistic for any particular year.

It in no way is an indication that there are more STD's among gays or bisexuals in general. Actually from a population standpoint, as bisexuals and homosexuals make up a small minority, there are FAR more straight people with STD's period.

So please don't take a statistic out of context in order to please your views on things.

~Tenth

new topics

<<   2 >>

join