It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pro Israeli Lobby in the UK.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It was a few years ago that this documentary first aired in the UK about the Israel Lobby in the UK. It was made by respected Journalist Peter Obourne. Obourne has made some great documentaries for Dispatches, picking targets where he see's fit.

I was amazed after watching this, how powerful the Israeli Lobby is in the UK, said to be the most powerful lobby group in the UK. Not only lobbying governments on both sides of the isle, but also lobbying the BBC and other media outlets to ensure that a positive narrative on Israel is being pushed.

It's concerning that any one nation can have so much influence in the realms of our own government and media. Obourne, looks at the funding of political candidates and a number of websites that have been set up with the sole purpose to monitor the content of British media for any anti Israeli sentiment.

There are also interviews with British Jews who get labelled self hating Jews, because they do not believe in the right wing zionist message.

So should we be concerned that an other country has such an influence on our politics?

Every year, in a central London hotel, a very grand lunch is thrown by the Conservative Friends of Israel. It is often addressed by the Conservative leader of the day. Many members of the shadow cabinet make it their business to be there along with a very large number of Tory peers and prospective candidates, while the Conservative MPs present amount to something close to a majority of the parliamentary party. It is a formidable turnout.

www.opendemocracy.net...

edit on 14-2-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
So is this something we in the UK should be concerned about? I mean it's not like we are short of "patriots" here on ATS, Just imagine the outcry if it were a muslim country holding so much influence in the UK.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
You are not allowed to express your views on this taboo subject
. Personally i think the jews control more or less everything in the western world 'does that opinion make me evil'
?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
So is this something we in the UK should be concerned about? I mean it's not like we are short of "patriots" here on ATS, Just imagine the outcry if it were a muslim country holding so much influence in the UK.

You do realise that a muslim country could never have the same level of sway purely because of the sway Isreal has already, they would never let it happen, but yes it sucks in a big way, but when you consider it was Balfour et al that gave Isreal er Isreal is it any wonder

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Nothing new here. Do some research on the history of British politics and you will see many a Jewish politician including the Civil Service, Government Ministers and Prime Ministers.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

you saw this a couple of years ago.... why bring it up now?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

you saw this a couple of years ago.... why bring it up now?

Because of the impending war coming up in the middle east, I thought it would be worth highlighting at this moment in time. Would you rather I didn't present this information? I think it's quite important, especially when our government will be involved in any war and our media will be reporting on the events.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

its hardly amazing new news though is it? thats all i was saying

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

It was news to me when I saw it. So maybe news for some who never got to see the documentary, which was only aired on British TV. I watched it the other day on youtube and thought it was of interest to members, especially given the current climate.

But I don't really feel i need to explain myself for making the post. The info is there for who wants to see it and ignored by those who dont.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think it's obvious that Jews have an influence, through various means and for various reasons, that far outstrips their numbers here in the UK.

I did find it interesting to find that there is a clear division between the old, established British Jewish communities who are quite proud of their British identity and heritage and the pro Israeli lobby.

Personally I find the 'lobby system' unsavoury and detrimental to the democratic process and, as with the whole electoral and parliamentary process, it needs urgent and radical reform.
edit on 14/2/12 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I pretty much echo Freeborn's comments.

Yes it should concern us and it should be freely discussed in an open manner.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You only have to look at CFI Conservative Friends of Israel . David Cameron is bending over backwards for the zionist elite in the UK. Zionist big money is calling the shots all over the western world.
Israel refuses to confirm that it even has nuclear weapons, but foreign intelligence analysts familiar with the program believe Israel has just over 200 nuclear warheads at its facility in Dimona in southern Israel.
Israel has nuclear weapons but will not place a figure on them .

[ Israel's nuclear facility should be subject to IAEA inspection. ]

www2.cfoi.co.uk...

Matthew Steven Gould MBE (born 20 August 1971) is the current British Ambassador to Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...

He is the first British jew to hold the post of Ambassador to Israel.............. is it making sense yet

Ask most british people on the street who is the UK Ambassador to Israel , they will look straight through you, they have no idea how this game of deception is being played, [ he is the first for a reason ] and before anyone calls me an anti semite , I am not , I just like to know how my country functions
edit on 14-2-2012 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

i would think if you asked most british citizens who the ambassadorwas to any country in the world they wouldnt have a clue

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

YEAH ha ha
fair play to ya . Force em to watch Channel 4 news and Newsnight with Paxo.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Droidinvoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It isn't just the UK.

It's every powerful nation that isn't openly opposed to Israeli demands.

And countries like that, shockingly, are targeted for destruction.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
well they'd be stupid to not try and make sure they didn't get their message across in as many countries as possible

top topics

join