It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum, busted lying, blames his wife!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Wow!

How long can this idiot stay on top of any poll. He's easier to beat than Gingrich.

Check this out. Here's Rick in his silly book:

“Sadly the propaganda campaign launched in the 1960s has taken root. The radical feminists succeeded in undermining the traditional family and convincing women that professional accomplishments are the key to happiness.”

In the interview Sunday with Stephanopoulos last week, Santorum said, “I don’t know — that’s a new quote for me. He then went on to blame his wife for it, saying she ghost wrote a few bits (she's completely uncredited in the book btw.).

So Don't blame Rick, he didn't write it, never even heard that quote before, from HIS BOOK.

Buuuuuuuut...

Check this out, in 2005 the same interviewer asked about the SAME quote.

Here's the transcript:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Let’s talk about something else in the book, radical feminists. A second quote from the book, you say, Respect for stay-at-home mothers has been poisoned by a toxic combination of the village elders’ war on the traditional family and radical feminism’s mysogynistic crusade to make working outside the home the only marker of social value and self-respect. Let’s get specific here. Name one or two of these radical feminists who are on this crusade.

SANTORUM: Well, I mean, you know, you have — you go back to, what’s her name, well, Gloria Steinem, but I’m trying to remember — I can’t remember the woman’s name. It’s terrible. Anyway…

STEPHANOPOULOS: But it’s kind of an important point. Because you paint this broad brush: radical feminists, village elders. Name one.

SANTORUM: There’s lots of — no, there’s lot’s of — well, Gloria Steinem. There’s one. I mean, there’s lots of writings out there…

Pretty fecking ridiculous.

thinkprogress.org...

So this is the new moral crusader on the right? Can't wait for some Obama vs. Santorum/Romney/Gingrich

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Santorum: Another shill for right wing fundamentalist nut jobs. When are we going to get somebody who actually loves America enough to work for the people that vote instead of the campaign contributors and the party elite?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I keep saying it in different threads but...

The republicans really blew this election already. Even celebrities who endorsed Obama have openly spoken about regretting that choice. It would have been an easy win if they had just one guy on the roster worth voting for. RP excluded, they won't even give him the time of day.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Not until there's a separation of business and government.

Honestly, it'll take a massive scandal and a third party. And even then... Unless there's an unambiguous legal framework for preventing businesses from controlling politics, it won't ever happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

How long can this idiot stay on top of any poll.
My question would be how did he get on top of any polls in the first place? He's the youngest most inexperienced guy running... and he's clearly a total douche lacking any real sort of intelligence that would be required to run a country... do Americans just vote purely based on looks now or what? Either the polls are rigged or the majority of Americans are just absolutely retarded imo...
edit on 14-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Basically, conservatives are not too bright. Look at the polls. They have been voting for ridiculous reasons and those reasons, naturally, keep falling apart.

So, they're left with:

Romney - Who they can barely stand,but who they cynically thought could win
Gingrich - Who they dislike, think is dishonest, and think can't win
Santorum - who's a total douchebag, but panders quite well, and who isn't Romney or Gingrich
Ron Paul - who about 15% of them like and 95% of them consider unelectable

And this is their best and brightest.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Ron Paul's newsletters, 20 years ago, were loaded with "unenlightened" comments -- but now Ron Paul claims that he didn't write any of it, not even the stuff that was contained first person mentions of his Congressional office and his medical background, ... moreover, that he didn't read any of his newsletters. It's an excuse so lame and so all-encompassing that only foaming-at-the-mouth Paul fanatic could believe it.

I think the last time a politician wrote his own stuff was when Gen. Grant wrote his memoirs.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

I'm also not sure of your point, so I guess we're even.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Santorums there because he's been groomed by conservative radio for years for it. Savage and Hannity used to quote him non-stop. At the time he was the Paul of conservative radio.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'd take Santorum over Romney or Gingrich anyday, providing Paul doesn't get the nomination.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this story some attention.

Ya know, these Santorums, and Romneys, and any other ding bat politician say anything at campaign time. And these guys are easily shown; as either the same old status quo, or flip flopping fools after just some minor digging.

I'm having a bit of trouble articulating what i'm thinking. I just think people have got to do a little investigating before choosing whatever candidate the media shoves down their throats.

I can't believe how utterly gullible the "ordinary" citizen can be.

I support Ron Paul simply just because when he's speaking, i know it's the truth, what he thinks, his real opinions. He won't change his opinion because he know's some people won't agree, or most people won't. He's a breathe of fresh air, very transparent, he's motivated by passion, not just money and power.

So there my first Ron Paul "gush" in a while.

But yea, some pretty radical ideas Santorum has, His thinking seem to revolve around inequality.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

We'll have to disagree on Paul, but it's def true that the US populous makes a lot of uninformed decisions. And it's also true that people exploit this ignorance and people's fear, etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
These things happen all of the time in the realm of Politics. Just ask Obama who ghost wrote his autobiography "Dreams From my Father" ha ha ha.

Funny, if Santorum was a liberal this little hiccup would just be written off as misspeak or a verbal clarity malfunction. Both Michelle and Barack have had their fair share of misspeak errors. Don't forget Biden and his litany of gaffes. For some reason, they just get a free pass on the nightly news.

I'm sure his wife does write some of his stuff or perhaps proof reads and edits it as well. Is that wrong? I help my wife write some of her material for work at times. It's a collaborative effort sometimes. That's what makes a marriage so great!!

Think Progress? Think Progressive Agenda. Think Progress? Tied to Media Matters which is tied to the White House on a daily basis. Woo Hoo This is getting good.
edit on 14-2-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So this is the new moral crusader on the right? Can't wait for some Obama vs. Santorum/Romney/Gingrich

Observe...this is psychological warfare in motion. Ten thumbs down for the OP.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Observe, another paranoid Paul supporter.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Find me another link to that transcript and post it.

It's the first I found. End of conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And this is their best and brightest.

Welllllllll, ummmm the 'Conservative' (yeah right) Capos plan to pull Jeb BUSH out of their as...er uh I mean hats, when all else fails. Where theres an evil will, theres a way.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The Democrats are every bit as rotten to the core. Look at how rapidly these totalitarians are crushing everyone's last fraction of 'Liberty' to death. They are every bit the war hawk anti life anti all that is good and healthy reptilian eugenicists as the other criminal 'Party'. OUT with them all.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Nah, wont happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

My question would be how did he get on top of any polls in the first place? He's the youngest most inexperienced guy running... and he's clearly a total douche lacking any real sort of intelligence that would be required to run a country... do Americans just vote purely based on looks now or what? Either the polls are rigged or the majority of Americans are just absolutely retarded imo...

That sounds exactly like Obama 2008.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join