It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are having a lot of strange behaviour at our house.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gumbico

That sounds a lot like the practices of my maternal grandmother's people but they aren't Chinese. They are Ryukuan. They got a lot of influence by China over hundreds of years. What you say about the ancestor shrines sounds good if that is your faith. My Christian faith is to prayer for my ancestors souls to make their way to rest in the care of God. I think maybe it is time to give some thought to the departed and the lost and the restless and pray for them to find rest and peace. Maybe we threw away more than was wise when we converted to Christianity. I am unwavering in my Christian faith at this point in my life but I probably focus too much on me me me like most modern people and forget there are others who need thought and attention, too. A shrine is out of the question for me personally but prayers are within what I can do. Maybe that shadow person is an ancestor you need to pray for or whatever else that is in keeping with your own beliefs.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gumbico

You mentioned incense. Is there a specific scent that brings calm into the house? I'd like to try that. And saying a prayer to your ancestors, I do that too. I miss them so much and saying a prayer to them helps to put me at ease.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shell310

shel, check this out en.wikipedia.org... I didn't know there was even once precedent in early Christianity to seek help and prayers from the departed. But carefully. I'm not asking for any visits from anybody after what I've been through!

I hope Gumbico gets back to you soon. I have smelled the incense that gets used and seen the shrines myself but I don't know what incense was used. It was kind of too sickly sweet for me to tolerate as I was not used to it.

On this page en.wikipedia.org... if you scroll down to see what a yuta is, that is what my grandmother was. Note the part about the punishments incurred if a yuta refuses her job. I've read that info before.. That is likely how we got screwed. I have no idea as a Christian how to rectify that. I'm not about to resume that job. And for whom? But that's my worry not yours. I've monopolized your thread enough. I thank you so much for the prayers and support you have given me and the great discussion we shared. I'm going to quiet down now here and just read of your progress and others advice to you. May this experience bring out the love, the humor and all the best out of you and your family and bring you all closer. If there are blessings to be gotten out of this trial, may they be yours.

My own family lives quite normally even when it gets weird and scary. We make it blend. So it's a part of life we deal with but does not consume it. Salt did help us and getting my parents to come over and help me conduct a verbal banishment did help me but seems to need to be repeated. I hope your solutions work for you, too.
edit on 16-2-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

We all understand the concept of a material inheritance. After people die, they often leave money, property, and possessions to members of their family.

We also are aware of a physical inheritance. Doctors always ask for the family history of a new patient.

There is also a spiritual inheritance. We can thank God and our family for the benefit from our virtuous ancestors going back a thousand generations. We are also adversely affected by the sins of parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents and by the sins of the ancestors who adversely affected them, with consequences that may extend to what is inherited materially, emotionally, and physically.

The concept is based on an excerpt in the bible ...
The Lord , the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation. (Exodus 34:6-8)

Generational Healing is the belief around healing the family tree based on too many cases where recurring problems such as divorce, alcoholism, suicides, multiple untimely deaths, significant financial problems, accidents, run in families. When a person dies, it is believed that his/her spirits who caused such problems or natural spiritual tendencies or inclinations are passed on to the descendants. In other words, it is believed that children are adversely affected by the sins of their parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents, who were also affected by the sins of their ancestors. This also includes curses.

www.williamwilkie.com...
Book: "Healing Your Family Tree," by Fr. John Hampsch

Do some research beforehand as there are some who a for it and others are against it.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Hi, I'm sorry your Mom had irrational problems, that must have be tough. Seeing shadow beings can bother anyone, I know. After people saying entities can feed of off negative energy, I believe they do. We don't have any mental health issues in our family that I know of but our whole family sees, hears and feels it as well as friends that come over. It's no wonder my kids have lost a few friends. Most of our friends understand and after seeing what goes on they think it's cool. But we we don't.

Thank you for your understanding and I know I have no way to prove anything but I just want to get my situation out there and get advice and understanding from anyone who has also been experiencing these same things. As for this happening for a reason, I believe that too, I just don't know why.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DonaldD

Thanks for the link. It's broken but I can search it. Nearly everyone in my family on both sides lived to at least their 80's except for a maternal grandpa who died a gruesome death in WWII. I amended my post to shel to include information about my grandmother's shamanic job. Apparently there is sort of a curse levied on a shaman who abandons her job, which my grandmother did. I'll look into the info you provided and see if there's anything for me in that idea. Hey, like I said, I'm pragmatic, I'll consider or research any reasonable suggestion that does not conflict with the core tenets and warnings of my Christian path.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

No worries, generational healing came to mind when I was reading your post.

Updated link ..... www.williamwilkie.com...

Best of luck. D

edit on 16-2-2012 by DonaldD because: Adding link

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You don't need prove to act and put a stop to what is happening in your home.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I added an edit to my post to you about the shaman job my grandmother had. Thanks...it was tough for my mom to go through. It brought what a great husband my dad can be and made me determined to settle for no less in my own mate. My husband is annoyingly skeptical but he gives me strength. As for me, it just equipped me to handle all the additional crud life would throw at me later. There is always strength to be gained through any trial if you look for it and develop it. Remember that as you suffer through this one. Believe that you and your family will come out of this stronger, wiser, loving and compassionate. There will be scars and some weakness, too, but you will be compensated by experience gained and all the love and positive thoughts strangers like me are sending your way. Read books of inspiration by those who have endured and become stronger through trials like cancer survivors. Learn how others have taken strength in times of trouble and let that be your encouragement. That is the miracle we can give to each others as human beings at our best: empathy, encouragement and compassion. That is what makes the demons so jealous and desperate. Their tricks and torment not only can't destroy that, it just makes all that stuff stronger.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shell310
reply to post by gumbico

You mentioned incense. Is there a specific scent that brings calm into the house? I'd like to try that. And saying a prayer to your ancestors, I do that too. I miss them so much and saying a prayer to them helps to put me at ease.

Here is my recommendation : Sai Baba Nag Champa Incense

Make sure it is from fresh stock and not been sitting in a store shelf.

Sirric

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have a couple question.

1. What is the general emotional response these events illicit from you and your family members?

2. How much attention would you say you and your family give to these events? Both when they are not happending, and when they are happening.

I suspect these things require your attention to exist, and the way these phenomena present themselves are done so that they capture your attention. Once they have captured your attention, do they get stronger?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

When things happen we usually remain calm and dismiss it after a short while. We are so used to it that it doesn't really surprise us. If anything we anticipate what will happen next. Sometimes if it's annoying we will say something like" ok, that's enough" or "stop now" and it will.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I confess I am one that would love to see more documentation. I have tried to document my own experiences but, as you no doubt are aware, it can be difficult to do for many reasons. My greatest successes have been with EVP, but I haven't yet been able to capture what I would call a definite recording of the ghost that has been following me around for many years. I get voices, but not hers. Odd.

In any case, good luck to you and your family, and I look forward to any further documentation you manage to capture.

PS: Awesome, awesome avatar. The Battle of Los Angeles!

edit on 2/17/2012 by Tsurugi because: Avatar kudos.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm still going to try to get stuff on video or camera. I do have a few more to add from 9 years ago and 1 1/2 half years ago.

This was taken of my son about 3 months after my hubby's Dad had passed away:

and these were taken by my hubby one night when we both saw these at the same time roughly but in different rooms:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hi Shell. I read through your entire post just now and just wanted to give you something to think about that hopefully will help you.

Here are a few things to think about. When a person dies they are dead. They are not still alive, they do not suddenly have extraordinary powers either. The Bible states:

(Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten....All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going.

The Bible also reveals to us that demons believe that there is one God and shudder at his very existence:

(James 2:19) . . .You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder.

Of course this argument was to point out the futility to just believe in God. If all we had to do was believe there is a God to be saved then why do the demons, who were once in his heavenly family, shudder at the thought?

Also, notice there is only one God. Going to anyone besides the true God to help you will not avail you. The Bible teaches us that the entire world is being mislead by Satan at Revelation 12:9, 10, and it also states that the gods to which the nations sacrifice idols are demons. (1 Corinthians 10:20.)

Here are a few scriptures that will hopefully help you. The first one is this:

(Proverbs 18:10) The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.

The name of the true God is Jehovah. This scripture is not saying that we can use it like an amulet, but praying to him for help is the best thing you will ever be able to do. He does help and protect the righteous who are sincere. There have been many cases of people who have been bothered by demons who have prayed to Jehovah God in all sincerity who have been freed from demonic harassment. I have several stories about such, that if you wish, IM me and I will send them to you.

Since the dead are not alive you do not need to fear them. However demons are alive and very real. But we need not fear them either, if we have God's protection:

(James 4:7) . . .Subject yourselves, therefore, to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.

(Ephesians 6:11) Put on the complete suit of armor from God that you may be able to stand firm against the machinations of the Devil.

If you subject yourself to Jehovah God and oppose the Devil he will leave you. Jehovah has also put at our disposal the spiritual "suit of armor" to help us in our spiritual warfare against Satan and the demons.

In order to please Jehovah it is good to know that he condemns the practice of spiritism:

(Deuteronomy 18:10-13) . . .There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, 11 or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For everybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable things Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you. 13 You should prove yourself faultless with Jehovah your God.

Satan the Devil uses spiritism the way an expert fisherman uses bait to lure in a fish to a hook. Many inexperienced ones who are curious about the occult, or who perhaps want special power, or knowledge are easily enticed to practice it. Once hooked the demons will harass you. And they have killed people many times.

Everyone in the house would want to cut off all spiritistic practices and you will want to do away with all objects used in the practice of spiritism, including tarot cards, amulets, charms, books on the occult, records, cds, movies, posters, video games, etc. And also anything that belongs to anyone that is currently practicing the occult. Notice the fine example of the Ephsians, who after learning the truth did away with their practicing of magic:

(Acts 19:19-20) . . .Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated together the prices of them and found them worth fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20 Thus in a mighty way the word of Jehovah kept growing and prevailing.

These are a few things that I hope and pray that you keep in mind. In fact I did pray for you that you receive a spirit of understanding. If it is God's will he will open your heart to understand these scriptures. It may be hard at first though, espeically if there are demons in your house that resist Jehovah God and his spirit. But he is stronger than they are. And he cares for you, for you have heard his witness tell you.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

shel, check this out en.wikipedia.org... I didn't know there was even once precedent in early Christianity to seek help and prayers from the departed. But carefully. I'm not asking for any visits from anybody after what I've been through!

I hope Gumbico gets back to you soon. I have smelled the incense that gets used and seen the shrines myself but I don't know what incense was used. It was kind of too sickly sweet for me to tolerate as I was not used to it.

On this page en.wikipedia.org... if you scroll down to see what a yuta is, that is what my grandmother was. Note the part about the punishments incurred if a yuta refuses her job. I've read that info before.. That is likely how we got screwed. I have no idea as a Christian how to rectify that. I'm not about to resume that job. And for whom? But that's my worry not yours. I've monopolized your thread enough. I thank you so much for the prayers and support you have given me and the great discussion we shared. I'm going to quiet down now here and just read of your progress and others advice to you. May this experience bring out the love, the humor and all the best out of you and your family and bring you all closer. If there are blessings to be gotten out of this trial, may they be yours.

My own family lives quite normally even when it gets weird and scary. We make it blend. So it's a part of life we deal with but does not consume it. Salt did help us and getting my parents to come over and help me conduct a verbal banishment did help me but seems to need to be repeated. I hope your solutions work for you, too.
edit on 16-2-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

I read through the rest of the thread now and your story got more interesting, sheepl... I was actually thinking of a curse when I saw your descriptions of how your family had been having problems for generations. You didn't mention all this when you just asked me about the comforting female presence and smell... (You did go into it after that post, but I was replying as I read your question and hadn't gone on past that yet.)

I still think you and the OP both need to go with your gut reactions on the positive and negative experiences. If you don't feel comfortable, then dismiss it. If one person is lulled by it, but the rest of the family are unhappy, then that one person could be being manipulated. If everyone is lulled by it, but then the whole family begin fighting, this could be a trick. If things like that, which divide the family, are going on, then I would distrust it, otherwise I would be happy for the assistance.

Thanks for sharing the information about your family and culture, very interesting!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
We made sure sea salt was put in the corners of our house in several rooms and today we did a sage burning while walking through the house and saying The St Michael's' Prayer. We video taped it with 3 cameras. One camera turned off by itself (it didn't even record) another one did not stay on either but the third one we think we heard a weird voice saying "Noo oo" when we first started. Could of been coming from outside But not sure. A couple hours later hubby and I noticed the plug to the filter for the fish tank was pulled out. Neither of us did it and it was plugged in earlier. My daughter sensed it still here but not as strong and I saw a dark shadow of a person standing in the bathroom when I walked past it to my room. I guess the sage and prayer didn't work. My friends and family think we should call a paranormal activity team and get them to document it. Things are happening several times a day every day now. I'm afraid to go to sleep, I think I'll stay up till 5 or 6 am again with the lamp on just in case. Thank goodness I will get to sleep after that time till at least noon. I have two video camera with me and a digital camera in case something shows up. I only have tape in one that lasts for 80 minutes I think. I just don't have the right equipment to film constantly. I'm going to go look up researchers and see if anyone is in my area that can help us.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell310
We made sure sea salt was put in the corners of our house in several rooms and today we did a sage burning while walking through the house and saying The St Michael's' Prayer.

Have you played the gayatri mantra over your speakers throughout the house for at least 1 hour per day? If not, WHY?

It will help cleanse the house of this spirit. You need to start doing this.

Here is an extended video, play this 3 times so it can be heard around the house.

Be well.
Sirric

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

At this point I'm willing to try anything, so yes I will be trying that. I did listen to it once. We are also going to try the burning sage and saying the St Michael's prayer again, in case my daughter and I didn't do it right. Then if all that fails we'll be contacting a member of a church for help. I'm also considering a Vancouver based group who investigate paranormal. Which I'll have to talk with my family about first. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wow, I'm so sorry it's really very bad for you. I didn't run into anything like that whenever I've conducted a house cleansing, and mine are pretty darned amateur in nature. For my worst ever experience of it in 2004-2005, I suspected I was the portal and my energies were fueling the manifestations. I believe changing my brain chemistry with the Zoloft helped close off the doorway...in conjunction with the house cleansing. But it is aoo just guessing and flailing in the dark on my part. You have got a very nasty situation there and I will just keep up the prayers and well wishes. I will visit this thread sparsely to avoid the risk of exchanging negative energy or fear between our two households. But I will be reading for progress as you post it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join