It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are having a lot of strange behaviour at our house.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by shell310

I have have seen, heard and felt several ghosts or spirits.

You're psyching yourself out.

His reading glasses go missing all the time from his desk and will reappear downstairs on the coffee table.

Hmm. Here's a hypothetical story. Your husband is reading at his desk. He decides he wants to read at a different location in the house. He goes downstairs to the coffee table. He forgets about his glasses when he leaves. OMG it was a ghost!!!!

Cupbaords open and close, the microwave will open and close and beep,

Take a video. Then I'll believe you.

We see several apparitions in the house regularly. We've seen his Dad, my Mom, my Grandma, a little boy, a cat, and a man in his 20's.

You believe this is happening so strongly you are blind to reality. You believe so strongly you see things that aren't there. This is assuming your not lying of course.

Hubby and my daughter have been experiencing scratches on their back and stomache several times in the last few years. The most recent were two weeks ago when they both were scratched two seperate times in one week. They are 3 scratches and all the same length and space apart.

This is laughable evidence. Ever considered they just scratched their back on something? Or leg?
See here's a problem. Since you believe so strongly you and your family is being haunted, anything slightly out of the ordinary becomes some huge proof of a demon. I bet if you found patch of sunlight on the ceiling you would think it was some kind of ghost-orb or something. Oh wait, that's the next picture you posted!

There really isn't any evidence of ghosts. I have never seen any anyways.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I agree.

Even if the 'scratches' are not the result of some mundane sharp object, they are hoaxed.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

For those who don't want to believe, no evidence will be sufficient. Any photos, voice recordings, video recordings, etc. will be dismissed as misinterpretations or fakes. Until you have your own experiences, you will just never believe it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hey look! This person must be haunted too! They even have symbols on their body!

Nope actually it's just a skin disease.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

For those who don't want to believe, no evidence will be sufficient. Any photos, voice recordings, video recordings, etc. will be dismissed as misinterpretations or fakes. Until you have your own experiences, you will just never believe it.

And those who do want to believe will see things that aren't there, hoax photos and voice recordings, and hallucinate.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I wish my family saw orbs flying around the house.

that'd be cool

Maybe when I gain some independence through holding down a good job and earning some honest coin, i'll be catapulted back into the crazy side of the spirit world. Hopefully God comes with me this time

Good luck with the angels/demons/aliens/apparitions that are messing with you, maybe you should just say hi to them? I know when dealing in spirit fear is only going to get you OWNED, you actually should try to develop a rapport with whatever it is terrorizing your family.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

And those who do want to believe will see things that aren't there, hoax photos and voice recordings, and hallucinate.

Like I said, you have to have your own experiences before you believe it. I was skeptical too, until it happened to me.

My point is, no one else's evidence is ever going to convince you. No one else's evidence convinced me either, until I had some personal evidence of my own.
edit on 15-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The more open your mind is the more crazy stuff you will experience, I think. But if you only believe in physical matter,,,,,that's what you'll get!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FinalAccount2008
The more open your mind is the more crazy stuff you will experience, I think. But if you only believe in physical matter,,,,,that's what you'll get!

I would agree with your first sentence. But when something of a paranormal nature is determined to get your attention, no matter how closed your mind is, you will have to admit something is going on.... then the more your mind is opened up to it and tuned in to that sort of thing, you will see and experience much more.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalAccount2008

Sometimes I believe I'm invisible and walk around my home naked....

No but seriously to those claiming that this is just a big hoax, be a little more open minded!! Why would someone just randomly conjur up such an elaborate lie and post to a website that only a minute number of people know about, stay up till all hours in the morning uploading pics and typing out super long replies?!

I'm very sceptical when it comes to this stuff and iv never experienced any form of spiritual contact, but it sure is a lot more believable than half the stories on this website. Ie) toxic fluoride in tap water, chemtrails, alien sounds in the sky, illuminati/Masonic influences on the deaths of Whitney Houston & Mike Jackson.

Plus, what difference would video evidence make? The film Paranormal Activity is fake, but the whole thing looks super real! Nowadays, the only proof of anything is purely physical contact.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shell310

I know, I want to but we only have a cheap crappy cam corder that keeps going out of focus and hubby doesn't want to shell out 600 bucks to have the place wired and me sitting all day searching through video footage. I'm occasionally leaving my webcam on but it doesn't come in too clear. Each time we do try to record, our devices either turn off, die suddenly or refuse to work. It's like it doesn't like it's picture taken. I do have old footage come to think of it from about 10 years ago on cassette tapes when I used an old big cam corder. I'll have to see if I can find it. I did catch something then but only brief.

Sometimes, activities like these (actively trying to interact or "catch" evidence) can exasperate things. I'd leave that alone. Paying attention to this can sometimes make it worse.
We are having similar occurrences except, thankfully, no scratching. My son has complained of grabbing, pulling, whispering, growling.
Anyway, paying too much attention is really what these things what. They want to be recognized. The best bet is to pray. Always think about positive examples between your family, especially family members who have passed on. I have asked (prayed) to my parents, grandparents and ALL dead family members to come and help put down the negative entity that is harassing my son in his upstairs bedroom. This seems to help for a week or so but the activity usually starts back up again.
Point is, burning sage, dropping salt, etc. has power only in making you stronger (non contingent reinforcement - remember that from college!? Ha) Praying for the GOOD and POSITIVE spirits to come and help is probably the best thing to do. At least, this is what we have found. Good luck and keep up posted...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Cameras won't capture anything of interest, unless you're looking for the activity that you already know is happening.

Sage ceremony, and digital EMF scattering should do the trick. If it's a demonic presence, seek out a priest as others have said. It's also possible that it's attached to one of you, so review any previous hardships, drug/alcohol abuse, physical abuse, and come clean with that. Wrap up the remaining karma in your lives no matter how difficult it might be.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
Here is what you do. Next time it happens you stand your ground and you yell out loudly that this is your home and they are to leave now, they are not welcome in your home. There is no power allowed to invade unless you allow it to. They must obey the living command and wishes. This is a truthful post to you. Nothing can harm you if you do not wish it to, they have to obey.

I remember a bible story
where some guys tried to do that
and the demon said *who the hell are you*
and kicked their ass.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Have you tried some EVP work? I am a paranormal investigator, and over the years, I have found that some of my best evidence is through EVP. Or what you could try is setting up your camcorder on a single item, such as your husbands glasses, or his ring. Set them up as trigger objects, your old camera should have no trouble focusing on a single static object.

Best wishes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey Shell,

I have lived in 2 actually haunted houses in my life, they were both very creepy (things being moved/going missing, scratching on the walls, knocking on windows, grey shadow figure apparitions, etc) but not nearly as violent as yours. First of all I want to say that you definitely have a demon in your house. When you see the apparitions of your loved ones, it could very well be the demon presenting itself to you in a way that is comfortable for you and therefore will build your trust, thus deepening it's power over you and your family.

The first thing I would suggest is cleansing your house with sage and white candles. Continue to keep pure sea salt in every corner of every room. Speak to the entity out loud and tell it that it wields NO power over you or your family and that it is NOT welcome in your home. Make it very clear that you intend to expel it from the premises and keep that intent, unfaltering, in your heart and mind.

This has worked for me in the past, however it is not a guarantee that it will work for you. I truly hope it does. The stress of living in a haunted house can be overwhelming, especially when things are getting violent.

Keep the light of love in your heart and mind and remember that YOU hold the power. It's YOUR house.

Much love,
OnewithAll

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've had a bit of experience with this kind of thing too, I read down some on the first page and noted that you imagined a white light around you and started thinking happy thoughts and it went away?

You should gather your family up for a "mass" meditation period a couple of hours a day using the same techniques you stated before and perhaps it will go away permanently.

Just a suggestion I think it could work and it sounds like a pain but I think it would be worth it to get rid of it for good... I got lucky because I moved out of the "haunted" house where my ghosties were.

Not everyone can just pick up and move though so good luck and stay safe.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
the scratches look more like those 'scars' that come out on your skin when you loose weight rapidly.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well I was a sceptic for my whole life. Then my Wife and I bought a beautiful two bedroomed apartment from a lovely old lady who was moving into an old age home.

The second night we we in our new home I was woken up by the sound of a voice saying rather loudly DA! When I awoke my Wife was already walking towards our cupboard which was next to me as I slept and told me later that what I heard was the fith or sixth DA. So in other words she heard something saying aloud DA, DA, DA, DA, DA, DA!

Time passed and a few other things happened which we did not really pay attention to that much until end of last year I found a spoon bent lying on the kitchen floor. I myself had difficulty bending the spoon straight. A week later after the spoon incident I was awoken abruptly with my Wife trying to climb over my head. Screaming hysterically. I will never forget that sound. She was terrified and swore blind that she was half asleep at around 3am and while still in bed felt something touch her foot. She panicked and noticed there was a wavy black mass standing at the foot of our bed. It took me an hour to calm her down.

A month passed and we got a psycic in. She cleansed the flat with Sea Salt and a ritual. She also made my Wife and I bath in 500g Sea Salt each and soak in it for more than 15 minutes. Apparently she said these things attach themselves onto your back and can cause irritability, lack of energy and a sore back / neck and they dislike pure salt.

I cannot be sure that there was anything in my home but I cannot explain a few things I have seen in the corner of my eye and also the spoon incident. I am and always will be a sceptic but even as I write this I get cold shivers down my spine to think of how scared my Wife was of what she saw that one night.

Much love and light to you all and hope this issue resolves itself over time. I think you should try and talk to whatever is there. Have a chat to thin air. I have read some poeple even make little shrines and burn incense to make the entity feel welcome and not act in an angry way. Call me crazy but we all have souls. That I am sure of. Who is to say that soul does not get lost sometimes? Just saying

edit on 15-2-2012 by ShaunSwindon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hiya Shell.

You've already gotten 5 pages of advice and opinions, but I hope you won't mind if I add my thoughts to the stack.

First thing I would say is you should define a goal. Do you want to document this stuff and/or dig deeper into it, or do you just want it to stop entirely?
These two goals are very nearly mutually exclusive, so I would suggest choosing one and forgetting the other.

I personally do not agree with the common Christian belief that there are no such things as "human ghosts," or that any "spirit" activity on earth must be either "angelic" or "demonic" in origin(I don't know what other religions believe about human ghosts...that is one area in which my personal education is sadly lacking.) There are passages in the Christian bible that say (I'm paraphrasing here) that the dead "do not talk," (Psalms and Ecclesiastes, I believe)...but then again, there are plenty of other passages which speak of the blood of the dead "crying out from the ground," (Genesis and Hebrews), and the 'martyrs' that must 'rest' or 'remain in their graves' (Acts?), and the millions of 'souls' that are 'under the altar' (Revelations).
These passages, and others like them, have naturally been the cause of much theological debate, proclamations of meaning, etc., on both sides of the argument about the possibility of 'human' ghosts. I don't pretend to understand all of it, but I do think that the ambiguity of such passages makes anyone claiming one side of the argument or the other conclusively to be guilty of rationalizing, as opposed to being rational(and of course there are plenty of people who would say that belief in any kind of 'spirit' activity is not rational...but I tend to equate those kinds of people with the yokel farmer who, upon hearing a description of a camel, said "There ain't no such animal.")

So perhaps you are seeing deceased family members. I would tend to think that, if I was dead and my 'soul' or whatever had moved on to wherever it is that 'souls' or spirits go, I would still want an occasional look at my loved ones that were still living--I think I would miss them no matter how 'blissful' any 'afterlife might be.
And if, on one of my (probably normally innocuous and unnoticeable) visits, if I learned that my loved ones had somehow drawn the attentions of something dark or of evil intent(whether it be pissed-off-dead-human or smelly demon or whatever), I think I would stick around and try my best to do something about it. Try to get their attention somehow, get a message across, something. I don't know.

On the other hand, I suppose it is possible that all of the manifestations you and your family have witnessed are the act of one entity. I think that is something only you can decide. I have no doubt there are things that would try and deceive people in whatever way possible...but in this case, what would be the point? The thing already has access to your home, and it does not shy away from scaring the crap out of you or attempting physical harm. What then would be the purpose of appearing as sweet old grandma? To confuse you? Perhaps...and perhaps there is no 'purpose,' if the thing is just totally bat# crazy.

Someone else mentioned getting in touch with the Catholic Church by calling the bishop of your local diocese. That may be a good idea...I know Catholics are not much liked by many on ATS, but like any large group of people there are good ones and there are bad ones(and the people who completely believe that the Catholic Church is the root of all evil in the world and is the secret Black Chamber of the NWO or whatever cannot honestly claim that every Catholic is a black-hearted baby-eater, right?) So whatever the church's true nature, there are those within it that have spent their lives studying supernatural occurrences and attempting to help those who are experiencing them...and they have been at it for a couple thousand years now.
One of the good Catholics--one of the extraordinary ones, actually--was Dr. Malachi Martin. He is now dead, but he did several 3 to 4 hour interviews with Art Bell on the radio on the subjects of ghosts, demons, exorcisms, and the like, and he gives advice to people with problems like yours.

Here's a YouTube upload of the first interview if you're interested:

It's 2½ hours long, no actual video of course, just audio. Some comments on the YouTube page mention some people having technical issues and not being able to listen to the whole thing, so here's an alternate link:
Malachi Martin Interview

My character count is about used up so I'll shut up now. Hope this helps you some, and good luck!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunSwindon

My husband is a skeptic, too. But he hasn't said much after finally experiencing one incident for himself. One night I was in a ground floor sitting room doing some straightening up and noticed a strange cold draft that seemed about man sized and moving. I mean I could sort of feel the boundaries of it, which of course you can't do with a normal drought of cold air. Who can contain a breeze? Anyway I checked the windows and they were not the source. I popped outside and it was a warm night. Indoor temps were at 70F. Outdoors was about 55 or more. This draft was way colder than that and by the time I made my way to the bedroom, it had attached itself to me and was arctic chilly. At this point my husband felt this cloud of icy air around me and got wide eyed. He couldn't believe it. I told him how it had originated in one room and was following me around. I told him to explain that. He kind of went dead eyed and trotted out some lame explanation that had no logical attachment to the reality we were witnessing. The draft followed me around a bit more and I kept swatting at it and treating it like the nuisance it was and off it went.

There was a time shortly after I moved in and had taken a nap in the recliner of that room. I awoke the coldest I have ever been in my life, before or since. So even though I've had odd experiences all my life and I think I brought my own baggage to this house, I think I also walked into some new "friends" here in this house, because waking up frozen to my bones in a very toasty warm room was a new experience for me. I've never dared to nap there since. This house has had only one other owner and we have kept in touch. They raised a family here and live in the next neighborhood over. There is no news or gossip whatsoever associated with this house.

But one house two doors down has had two owners die of cancer. I didn't know the first owner but the second one got the shocking diagnosis within a few months of moving in and died shortly after, leaving behind many children, sadly. And the third family that currently owns it moved away very suddenly after their own share of hardships. They rented the house out and didn't even finish out the school year. I once saw a shadow person cross the street and enter their yard within moments of my dog and I getting startled by a smaller one crossing our path in my yard. So I think there is something wrong with that house and mine. Of course that's just my opinion. People can troll away at it if they wish, it's their time and their effort to waste.

I wish when we have to go house hunting, home inspections could include checks for and reports on naughty entities.
I think I'd rather deal with a leaky roof or busted plumbing than the ghost of somebody's ticked off Aunt Gertrude.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join