It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Movement is a Hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It has been a while since I have paid attention to what was going on in the alleged "truth movement". Recently, I have been browsing through it, and found that literally everyone saying anything seems to have some form of mental illness. Everyone is also attempting to make money, and so may be promoting themselves in a way that makes it appear that they are mentally ill because they believe it will be profitable.

Because a lot of people are still tied to this "truth movement", psychologically and/or emotionally, and want to continue to insist that there is "some good" in it, I find it worthwhile to go through and demonstrate the sort of insanity and scamming that is going on within this alleged movement.

It is worth mentioning that all of these people present a good number of facts. Or most of them do. But that it is always mixed with nonsense. People will dismiss this as "oh, so and so might be wrong about such and such", but in reality the person is either insane or running a scam. It is worth noting that those engaged in the latter will often, if not always, justify their scamming by beginning to believe their own hype. As such, their greed is transformed into mental illness, as they start to believe their own lies.

I know that most posters on this forum are aware of how bad this has gotten, but I still believe it would be fruitful to document it in detail. The reality here is startling, even for those that have already dismissed the movement entirely, because there really is no solid or objective truth being put out in a straightforward manner, anywhere. The whole movement functions on various leaders, who create their own little semi-religious cults, giving people some truth and then expecting them to swallow a load of nonsense along with it.

All of this seems to center around Alex Jones, who functions as the crux of the whole scam. Jones has gotten progressively worse since 2002 when I started listening to him, changing many of his positions so as he could incorporate cross-marketing with various other mentally unstable scam artists into his platform. After he took over the old-guard shortwave radio "patriot" movement by incorporating internet technology, he began to widen his spectrum and become the figurehead for all forms of discontent with the establishment, not just that relating to Christian Patriotism. His method can be compared to a pyramid marketing scheme. He allows people to get wide exposure on his show, as long as they do not criticize him. He will allow multiple and conflicting views to be presented on his show, in a manner that appears schizophrenic, as long as they all in turn support his imperial internet empire.

Jones also provides the basic narrative for the entire movement. Even those who allegedly disagree with him, even attack him, follow his same format and method of incorporating large numbers of facts into a presentation, and then spinning them into something nonsensical through oratory acrobatics. There is generally a sense of impending doom, which does not appear to be warranted in any way and causes paralysis in the listener. Their one defense is that they do include a lot of empirical facts along with their lies and disinformation, but these facts, when examined, generally prove to be irrelevant. "Information overload" is induced, and this leads to chaos in the mind of the receiver of the message, which allows them to be driven into panic and confusion and exploited for money. Note that many "leaders" use a variant method of inducing plain insanity, which may not be directly related to the fear-based marketing scheme, but nonetheless relies on blatant disinformation couched in a series of unimportant empirical facts.

I have gone through and listened to parts of dozens of different radio programs over the past few days, and found no one who is not pushing some type of insane, delusional agenda. Literally, if you pick out any one of these so-called "leaders" of the "truth movement" you will find that they are promoting some bizarre belief system, relating to aliens, patriotism, Christianity, the occult, or some other possibly even more bizarre and disconnected distortion of the reality situation. Though I do not wholly support all of his positions, the only person who seems devoted to exposing the fact that this "truth movement" is totally isolated and removed from reality is the relatively obscure podcaster Paul Ironshore, who hosts the Iconoclast Radio Show.

The bottom line is that the entire truth movement is just as absolutely insane as the mainstream media fantasy world, in that the level of disconnect from reality is equivocal. I believe this is an absolutely terrible situation, and something needs to be done about it. This forum has been considered "post truth movement" for some time, but it is my belief that we who understand what is happening have the ability to recognize the flaws of this present trend in reality distortion by the main moguls of the alleged movement, and form a real movement based on a return to reality.

As I am working towards helping others to realize this, inviting others to join me, I think it is worthwhile to demonstrate exactly what we are up against. It should ultimately prove encouraging, as the fraud, lies, misdirection and distortion going on are so blatant, anyone can see it when they step back and take a look, and this indicates that it should not be especially difficult to combat.

These people have betrayed us. But it is not yet totally impossible for those of us who are honest, who do not have a desire to make loads of cash from exploiting people, to reassess what is happening and begin to bring people back to reality.

So, let's look at what these people are saying.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I've documented the various different scam artists individually here:

www.outlawjournalism.com...

But it is literally every single one. Any of them that you mention are found to be total shills. All of the core concepts are filled with disinformation and distortions of reality on a large scale.

See also this article:

realitysituation.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I think the main problem of the "Truth Movement" is that the people that call themselves "informed" tend to do very little of their own research themselves. They repeat things about they heard in documentaries/talking heads/websites without PERSONALLY studying the information.
edit on 14-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Same thing could be said about the OS believers.

To the OP, you paint a picture with a very broad brush seemingly projecting that anyone who questions the official story is a lunatic. Can't people ask questions without be referred to as emotionally unbalanced? Why should we accept one point of view only?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well, if people were willing and capable of personally doing their own research, there would be no reason for any of these crazies to exist in the first place. They are here to set the tone, dictate the narrative, and the whole situation is overwhelming negative.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by RealSpoke

Same thing could be said about the OS believers.

To the OP, you paint a picture with a very broad brush seemingly projecting that anyone who questions the official story is a lunatic. Can't people ask questions without be referred to as emotionally unbalanced? Why should we accept one point of view only?

I am specifically talking about the people who set themselves up as cult leaders to make a profit, and that is all of the figureheads. The lower ranks, who may be honest, then have their reality dictated to them by the figureheads. So, an honest person who falls for the Jones line will start his own show or site honestly, but then simply repeat the same indoctrination. This happens across the board.

I myself of course don't accept the official party line on anything at all, really. What I am trying to present is the fact that the conspiracy community itself has simply become a parallel delusion to the mainstream insanity, do to the influence wielded by the alleged leaders.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Wow, this is absolutely true. Excellent post.

I especially agree with your point on Alex Jones. I used to enjoy listening to the guy, and occasionally he still has some good points here and there, but honestly if you take his old shows and run them up to his shows of the present, it really does look like the onset of some delusional paranoia. His overemotional screaming rants and cliche patriotic lines just seem comical to me now. But a lot of people buy into it and worship him like a savior and messiah. He is most definitely biased in the fact that he doesn't take kindly to conflicting view points. If a caller on his show starts to say something that goes in a direction Jones doesn't like, Jones will interrupt them and add in his own snippets here and there just to make sure the only information people receive is the information that Alex believes in. Others he will just ignore completely, or hang up on, and then proceed to talk his # when that person can no longer get their word in.

Another icon of this "truth movement" that should be noted is David Wilcock, along with the entire "Project Camelot" and Kerry Cassidy and their numerous "whistle blowers." Some of the stories that people buy into are just completely nonsensical. The hypocrisy of people worries me when they can buy into information like this, while simultaneously condemning the MSM. This false "truth movement" is just a mirror image on the opposite side of the spectrum. People need to learn where the line is drawn.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Wow, this is absolutely true. Excellent post.

I especially agree with your point on Alex Jones. I used to enjoy listening to the guy, and occasionally he still has some good points here and there, but honestly if you take his old shows and run them up to his shows of the present, it really does look like the onset of some delusional paranoia. His overemotional screaming rants and cliche patriotic lines just seem comical to me now. But a lot of people buy into it and worship him like a savior and messiah. He is most definitely biased in the fact that he doesn't take kindly to conflicting view points. If a caller on his show starts to say something that goes in a direction Jones doesn't like, Jones will interrupt them and add in his own snippets here and there just to make sure the only information people receive is the information that Alex believes in. Others he will just ignore completely, or hang up on, and then proceed to talk his # when that person can no longer get their word in.

Another icon of this "truth movement" that should be noted is David Wilcock, along with the entire "Project Camelot" and Kerry Cassidy and their numerous "whistle blowers." Some of the stories that people buy into are just completely nonsensical. The hypocrisy of people worries me when they can buy into information like this, while simultaneously condemning the MSM. This false "truth movement" is just a mirror image on the opposite side of the spectrum. People need to learn where the line is drawn.

Great points. I really agree about Jones. I turned him on the other night, and started thinking that he has to be on drugs. I know a lot of people who have to talk a lot take Oxycontin. I get the impression from the level of insanity he presents that he must be altering his mind, unless he is actually simply slipping into madness. Besides the craziness of his presentation, he also insists on framing things in absolutely unworkable terms, which happen to fit very well into his own fear-based marketing agenda.

I am not terribly familiar with the Project Camelot folks, but I have heard that name tossed around a lot in reference to things that appear to be absolutely insane. I think in that thread I linked I give a pretty good overview of the tone that exists within this "movement", as everything seems to follow from that, on one level or another.

I think part of the reason there is so much craziness in the alternative media (other than the personal profit motives of the people selling it) is that when you realize that everything you have understood to be real since childhood is a lie, you are thrown into a state of confusion in which you can't determine what is real and what isn't, and have to entertain every crazy thing that comes along, as there is a possibility that it could be true, even if it seems insane on the face of it. People really need to return to a place where they can look at everything that is thrown at them objectively, without emotion, if they are going to be able to navigate this maze of madness that is presented in the alleged truth movement.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Of course the same is true about main stream media watchers, non conspirators, or OS believers.

Most people fall into the same behavior patterns regardless of what they believe. A lot of people will never bother doing their own research because of laziness, apathy, or "don't have time" reasons.

There are so many people that would talk bad about the Federal Reserve when they couldn't even begin to tell you how it works.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andreoutlaw

While the collaborated information is useful to those unfamiliar with the people and topics involved, I couldn't help but wonder, after reading through the OP and the links, if you're imitating your opposition, especially with the numerous appeals to mental illness. For instance:

It has been a while since I have paid attention to what was going on in the alleged "truth movement"

What is the truth movement? What are it's principles, and how can it not also be interpreted to mean anything i'm not familiar with or don't like?

Because some of the ideas expressed are interesting and some are bad. That doesn't mean you have to accept an either-or mentality regarding their entire world-view. That's the purpose of critical thinking.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Here in the U.K we have David Icke. This man actually went on t.v an said he was the son of god! Fifteen years later he is one of the top " troofers " in the U.K. He was one of the first to highlight the reptilian nonsense. Even though this man is clearly insane he sells out his tours and in some circles hailed a hero. I think the people who buy into this sort of thing are the mentally vulnerable. Within any movement you will have the extremist element and those are generally the ones who make the most noise, and then you have the charlatans like Micheal Tsarion who when asked a question he can not answer turns aggressive and hounds those who dare to use their brains and not simply absorb what their told. I myself do not think the truth movement dead, it just needs a spring clean and a back to basics approach.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by imherejusttoread

While the collaborated information is useful to those unfamiliar with the people and topics involved, I couldn't help but wonder, after reading through the OP and the links, if you're imitating your opposition, especially with the numerous appeals to mental illness. For instance:

It has been a while since I have paid attention to what was going on in the alleged "truth movement"

What is the truth movement? What are it's principles, and how can it not also be interpreted to mean anything i'm not familiar with or don't like?

Because some of the ideas expressed are interesting and some are bad. That doesn't mean you have to accept an either-or mentality regarding their entire world-view. That's the purpose of critical thinking.

In your perception, do any of the shills I listed in that thread stand up to critical analysis? Are any of them presenting any information that you couldn't find out from reading books, without there input?

If not, then what could possibly be their purpose, other than to make money while confusing you?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by adarmis
Here in the U.K we have David Icke. This man actually went on t.v an said he was the son of god! Fifteen years later he is one of the top " troofers " in the U.K. He was one of the first to highlight the reptilian nonsense. Even though this man is clearly insane he sells out his tours and in some circles hailed a hero. I think the people who buy into this sort of thing are the mentally vulnerable. Within any movement you will have the extremist element and those are generally the ones who make the most noise, and then you have the charlatans like Micheal Tsarion who when asked a question he can not answer turns aggressive and hounds those who dare to use their brains and not simply absorb what their told. I myself do not think the truth movement dead, it just needs a spring clean and a back to basics approach.

Well, then we have the larger issue of what the purpose of it actually even is. How is it a "movement"? What is it a movement towards? What is the end goal? Most of us know that the entire structure of society is oppressive and wrong, so shouldn't we be moving toward dealing with that reality, rather than running around in circles talking obsessively about how bad it is?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Why some of us spend so much of our lives devoted to creating negative impressions of what other people think and believe, is really beyond any common sense. It's almost as if there was some great empty spot inside that was somehow neglected at birth... we have no drive or talent for producing anything unique or positive, that we can only fill it by seeking to destroy someone else's concepts.

We see this across the broad spectrum of human endeavor. If you believe in UFOs, you can count on there being someone else who has made it their life's mission to undermine you. If you believe in god... any god at all, there will be those who will attack and ridicule you no matter whether you have even ever met them in the flesh & blood first person.

For those who have formed certain opinions on other topics, such as the one listed here in the OP, there are those who have clearly devoted themselves to targeting you.

What a waste of the human experience.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Well, then we have the larger issue of what the purpose of it actually even is. How is it a "movement"? What is it a movement towards? What is the end goal? Most of us know that the entire structure of society is oppressive and wrong, so shouldn't we be moving toward dealing with that reality, rather than running around in circles talking obsessively about how bad it is?

Firstly the purpose is to uncover the truth, and truth being the end goal. I agree there is not much cohesion within the truth movement. To deal with society you have to replace it, but with what?? Mankind has always sought guidance and leadership, right back to the dawn of time. Its in our nature, even our leaders need to be lead hence religion.Any system of government will eventually lead to despotism , i think it was plato who said that but im not sure.
edit on 14-2-2012 by adarmis because: seperate the question from the answer

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Why some of us spend so much of our lives devoted to creating negative impressions of what other people think and believe, is really beyond any common sense. It's almost as if there was some great empty spot inside that was somehow neglected at birth... we have no drive or talent for producing anything unique or positive, that we can only fill it by seeking to destroy someone else's concepts.

We see this across the broad spectrum of human endeavor. If you believe in UFOs, you can count on there being someone else who has made it their life's mission to undermine you. If you believe in god... any god at all, there will be those who will attack and ridicule you no matter whether you have even ever met them in the flesh & blood first person.

For those who have formed certain opinions on other topics, such as the one listed here in the OP, there are those who have clearly devoted themselves to targeting you.

I would argue that when someone is propagandizing you into believing something because they make money off of doing so, this is a qualitatively different matter completely. It is especially dire when the belief in said propaganda inhibits people who would otherwise be prone toward implementing change in society from doing so.

Your avatar is sweet, by the way.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You know, that is really true. No matter WHAT you believe in, there are those who will make fun of you for it, especially here on the anonymous internet.

As for Alex Jones and the others who are lumped into the "truther" category by the OP...sure, a lot of what they say is far fetched. But I think there has to be a nugget of truth in there. I'm not a fanatic follower, but by listening to these theories, even the really crazy ones, at least I feel that I am more likely to question anything "official", like I never did before. I'm less likely to line up and willingly take what "they" want to dish out. And that's a good thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I totally agree with you. Most of us do not believe the official story for 9/11 7/7 and so on. These should be the areas people should concentrate on. The truth movement has been allowed to be hijacked by the extremists spouting all sorts of stuff from reptilians to chemtrails which will go nowhere. I do believe disinfo is put about to take our eyes off the real topics of false flag attacks and et disclosure

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by adarmisFirstly the purpose is to uncover the truth, and truth being the end goal. I agree there is not much cohesion within the truth movement. To deal with society you have to replace it, but with what?? Mankind has always sought guidance and leadership, right back to the dawn of time. Its in our nature, even our leaders need to be lead hence religion.Any system of government will eventually lead to despotism , i think it was plato who said that but im not sure.
edit on 14-2-2012 by adarmis because: seperate the question from the answer

Yes. Exactly.

The problem with all of these movements is that they present the concept of "reforming the system", which is a complete and utter fallacy. An absolute impossibility. The only way we can correct what is happened within our society is to reject the system entirely, because it can't be fixed.

You can check out some of my audio recordings dealing with this topic:

www.talkshoe.com...

I break it down.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

You know, that is really true. No matter WHAT you believe in, there are those who will make fun of you for it, especially here on the anonymous internet.

As for Alex Jones and the others who are lumped into the "truther" category by the OP...sure, a lot of what they say is far fetched. But I think there has to be a nugget of truth in there. I'm not a fanatic follower, but by listening to these theories, even the really crazy ones, at least I feel that I am more likely to question anything "official", like I never did before. I'm less likely to line up and willingly take what "they" want to dish out. And that's a good thing.

It is all official.
edit on 14-2-2012 by andreoutlaw because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join