It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check Out My Rocket Stove

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have been experimenting with rocket stoves for the last year or so. In the course of learning more about the stoves, I came across this instructional video series on how to build an "Institutional Barrel Stove" www.aprovecho.org... and thought I'd try to tackle it. Well, it took a few days of hard work and a lot of asking around for the materials and certain tools to get it done, but here's my finished stove, www.youtube.com...
It works better than my stove in the kitchen. It brought a big pot of ice cold sap to a boil in 10 minutes flat and kept a steady rolling boil for over 3 hours--which in itself is super-fast for maple syrup boiling. I burned a total of maybe 2.5 little chunks of an oak 2x8 about a foot long each and cut into 1 inch thick strips that I fed into the stove. I am now thinking of how I can build an oven for the top and already getting the supplies together to make it into the steam generator for my wood bending steamer. This thing's gonna have 1001 uses around the old homestead. Please enjoy it and comment.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

edit on 13-2-2012 by leawyoming because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Doesn't a rocket stove get its name from the fact that ALL OF ITS OUT PUT go to one place? The fact that you have a chimney removes it from the rocket stove category I would think.

What you have here is just a stove really. Well designed but still just a wood stove.
edit on 13-2-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

No, I have a rocket stove with a big heat trap all around it. Watch the aprovecho videos to see how the guts look. Or watch the last video in my little series where you can see the actual rocket stove part. The chimney vents to heat and smoke (what little there is) from the heat collecting barrel, not the inner rocket stove.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Fascinating!

The only limitation with this, as far as survival goes, seems to be portability.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

It's not real portable, but it can be scaled down to any size.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

man I bet I spent an hour and a half Youtube surfing them stoves, thanks for the thread

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you dig around you can see them scaled way down.

The common heat catcher and cook top for the tiny ones is the little two gallon Heineken metal kegs.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Nice stove check out these guys www.dragonheaters.com.... They make rocket heater cores made in the USA no china crap

new topics

top topics

join