It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by charlyv
One great thing that has come out of all of this, is a wonderful history lesson, the likes of which you could never get in a book. There are people on here that really know this particular era in WWII, and how the Doolittle raid was organized and executed.

Their collective knowledge creates a great historical read, and I love it.

So, in retrospect, thanks to Typer for the fuel that lit this fire, albeit not the way he intended the post to go!

Did you consider, before you posted that, how disrespectful your words are if AlonzoTyper is indeed who he says he is? How would you feel if you came on the internet to share your almost 90 years of first hand experience with history (and not "reinvented" history as we know a lot of history is) and someone said that to you?

Oh, and where exactly do you think the "people who really know their history" got it from? A book.

With all due respect, I am only human,
I believe I addressed this in my last post to you, oh Great One.

Is it indeed disrespectful that, if the words, not to mention the facts, you post are refuted and found to be unverifiable, or least inaccurate?
If he is who he says he is there is obviously no problem.

There are a few things that YOU should take into consideration:
1) If he is who he says he is, why no response? (maybe because there is no response?)
2) What is disrespectful in asking questions?
3) Do you have proof that he is 90 years old? (No source)
4) Do you have proof that the HISTORY of which he speaks HAS, in fact, been reinvented? (Sources would help)
5) Do YOU really believe that all of the "people who really know their history" got it from a book?
6) Gray Area is for VETTING!!!! That is what we do...DENY IGNORANCE
7) If ATSers want to keep following a great story for what it is, so be it...it is only a story!
8) HE STILL HAS NOT REPLIED TO ONE POST!!!

NO proof.

73's and out..
Tom

Really, what is the worst that can happen if he is NOT who he says he is? Proof?
Ain't no way in hell there's going to EVER be enough proof to satisfy ATS. Your measure of proof is not my measure, nor is it anyone else's. Everyone has different requirements when it comes to believing or not believing. You can make some of the people happy some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. And, as far as jumping up and down stomping our feet just because he hasn't responded to questions, are we really that impatient? To be honest, I don't know yet what I believe about this but I'm willing to accept the story at face value and not berate the poor man just to prove how superior my knowledge is over his, because - and this is important - when it comes right down to it, how does it affect my life? It really doesn't, it's just an interesting story.

Over the years, I've only seen a few people come on ATS to give information like this and in every single case the ATS community has run them off - for good - after their introductory thread. I hate that. If it were your grandfather, and people were treating him that way, how would you feel? To me, it's important in this age of internet anonymity to try to be respectful just out of normal everyday courtesy. And yes, I do feel that charlyv's response above was disrespectful - phrasing is everything.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
For goodness sakes, people! You guys picking apart this man's story is ruining a perfectly good tale. True or not, what this man has told in both this and his massively long introduction thread is some of the most welcome, if not entertaining stories submitted on this site in quite a while. In these days of war, civil strife, economic breakdown, and hostile corporate takeovers of nations, it is quite imperative to not only listen to, but also learn from, the experiences and tales of our elders.

On the day of my grandfather's funeral, I found out that he was one of only 3 survivors in his platoon in the Assault on Omaha Beach. I realized at that point that there was so much about him that i never knew, and that i would never get the chance to ask him about it. I regret this, but i go on, seeking to learn where i may.

Whether on not "Mr Typer" is genuine is something that one has to decide for ones self. I do know that as time goes on, I get incidents and times mixed up, and i would bet my eye teeth that most of you guys out there do also. This doesn't make any of our experiences any less true, yet while Mr Typer is trying to recall events of 40-70 years ago, you guys are expecting him to recall precise dates and times. One of you is even insisting on Mr Typer in divulging his Identity! In this day and age of cyber warfare over privacy? All the threads on ATS about SOPA and all the the other acts of the government that we so happily complain about and you insist that this man reveal himself. Hypocrites!

Please, Mr Typer, regale us with your tales of yesteryear. Tell us of mysteries, of sea voyages. Tales of flights beyond our wildest dreams. Take us far from the troubles of today, if only for an instant.

Yes, Mr Typer. Please tell.

I have to say this is the best thing i have read in this whole thread yet, besides the op, of course.

Peace

link   
reply to post by SteveR

thank you i'm glad some one agrees the official story is not ALWAYS accurate!

link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
reply to post by occrest

I don't want him to reveal himself...I just want to make sure that if he's telling us a really great story-then let it be a story, not a TRUE event. I love being entertained

I will say this: Skepticism is a tool to uncover the truth out of facts and falsities. We are here on this planet to learn about ourselves and our nature. If you are telling me something that is going to change my world view...make it good. Make sure your facts line up. I respect knowledge gained.

I wish Typer all of the best in this world. I have no ill feelings. Just a desire to see other people not be mislead.
edit on 2/14/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: added thought point
Numinous i enjoyed your cross examination looool i sensed from your scrutiny you have been slightly irked L,MAO. To be honest i smelled a tin of Tuna the moment he regailed us with his castles in the air UFO thread and his susequent dissappearing act.There are more holes in his fabricated tales than Bonnie and Clydes car,hes been lazy in making sure his STUFF was watertight .Its nice entertainment though well played on supplying some killer touches looool

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

One great thing that has come out of all of this, is a wonderful history lesson, the likes of which you could never get in a book. There are people on here that really know this particular era in WWII, and how the Doolittle raid was organized and executed.

So, in retrospect, thanks to Typer for the fuel that lit this fire, albeit not the way he intended the post to go!

Did you consider, before you posted that, how disrespectful your words are if AlonzoTyper is indeed who he says he is? How would you feel if you came on the internet to share your almost 90 years of first hand experience with history (and not "reinvented" history as we know a lot of history is) and someone said that to you?

Oh, and where exactly do you think the people you say who "really know their history" got it from? A book.
edit on 14/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

I too feel that there is no need to be rude in asking the OP questions., But could you please explain what about the post above is disrespectful?

I am in agreement with that post. I would have never bothered to learn about this particular part of history. And I appreciate getting that knowledge by the members here. Even if it came in a round about way.

It wasn't rude, it was disrespectful. Imagine being ~90 years old and telling a story about what you've experienced in your life only to berated over and over by people who have only read about history because of seeming discrepancies in your story. And, then, imagine that someone comes into that discussion and says to you. - "I've learned a lot from the others around here so even though you haven't taught me anything, at least I got something from them. Good job!"

How exactly would that make you feel? Here you are trying to share your experiences only to have the experiences you are trying to share discarded for those that are already in textbooks. I think the people who are focusing on the details are missing the point.

Just my way of thinking...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Oh, and where exactly do you think the people you say who "really know their history" got it from? A book.

It is not disrespectful at all. You say something in this forum and you tow the line.

If you cannot back up what you say then you become cannon fodder for those who understand the subject in detail. It's the way it is. It does not matter how old you are , or what conditions your life is in.

The questions are straight forward and easy to answer if you are telling the truth. Absolutely nothing "Disrespectful" in stating the truth. This person wants you to believe a diatribe of his past 'clandestine' experiences, so if you spot a lie, the whole purpose for believing any other content is in total jeopardy.

And you are dead wrong about the knowledge resources of people that have contributed the above history, Some of them are professional aviation historians. I know about at least 2 of them, and there are a few others I would suspect are in the same league. They do not rely on just books.
edit on 14-2-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

To make a long story really short, my friend,
You are right.
He may be what is says he is and who really cares in the scheme of things?

BUT, HE NEVER ANSWERS ONE POINT!

That is all, tomdham, 88, 73 and Typer is still a LID, Out.
tomdham, KC5ILU
Oh yeah, Happy St. Valentine's Day, wish your loved ones a Great Day!
edit on 14-2-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Interesting read Mr Typer!

It seems the jury's out on the historical accuracies of your story, however, I should like to hear more of what you have to say before I discount you altogether.

Lets hope you come back to give us some more.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

Of course, I have photographs of myself with various employers and dignitaries, and even some of my military days. I do not plan to submit these photographs, simply because the main reason I came to this website was so I could propose some ideas, offer my experiences with some sort of anonymity. If I were to do something like black out my face or alter the photos in any way, not only would I be destroying my own property, but I have no doubt some here would see that as a form of deception and would not believe it anyways. I have no idea how to edit photographs using a personal computer, although I know the computers of today are very capable of such tasks.

*********So let me make sure I understand your statement. You worked with many top-secret aircraft but do not know how to manipulate photos?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thank you very much for explaining that. I was just trying to understand your point.
I would like to hear from the OP, just as I would have liked to hear more from the others who were run off this site by rudeness.

But I do have appreciation for the ones who vetted nicely.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"It is my understanding now that the members of this site have developed fairly lofty expectations of those who choose to submit any information, and the bar is set high indeed regarding “proof.”

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It is not disrespectful at all. You say something in this forum and you tow the line.

If you cannot back up what you say then you become cannon fodder for those who understand the subject in detail. It's the way it is. It does not matter how old you are , or what conditions your life is in.

It may be the way it is for you but not for me. We will have to disagree then. Why do we have to be so hard on each other? A little empathy goes a long way in life.

Why does it mean so much to you?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Dear Alonzo, I don't believe your story for one minute.

However, there is one thing you can do to prove to us that it is a true story. Please explain:

1) why you were taken down to look at this alien craft

2) precisely what your role was and what your job was on the craft

As you would understand, if you were genuine, government secrets are revealed on a need-to-know basis. So if you can't establish that you needed to know, then you weren't there. Full stop.

When answering number 2, if you could be so kind as to provide technical details. I assure you that there are people on this forum qualified to assess your level of technical expertise.

So far, my assessment, based on the way that you write, is that you are perpetrating a hoax. Please don't be offended by this assessment if you are genuine. You must understand that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It is possible for you to provide the necessary evidence without identifying yourself, but so far your story isn't even vaguely convincing.

Note for example that the only three facts that you claim to have witnessed yourself that are not hearsay or circumstantial are:

1) You saw lights in the sky (haven't we all)

2) You saw a cigar shaped craft which plunged into the sea

3) You were taken blindfolded to an underground bunker at an undisclosed location and shown an "alien craft"

You haven't provided any evidence for your assertion that this was "alien tech", nor an accurate description of even a single part on board this craft. This is typical of made up accounts. They contain no details whatsoever, only vague descriptions and unverifiable assertions devoid of any technical comment.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Oh yeah, Happy St. Valentine's Day, wish your loved ones a Great Day!

You too!

Originally posted by network dude

Thank you very much for explaining that. I was just trying to understand your point.
I would like to hear from the OP, just as I would have liked to hear more from the others who were run off this site by rudeness.

But I do have appreciation for the ones who vetted nicely.

Unfortunately none have that I can remember.
ATS remains a news commentary site only, unfortunately. No whistleblowers here for very long because of what is happening on this thread right now...

Too bad, wouldn't it be nice to have a resident whisleblower in our midst.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sorry for the short post. But do you think the OP is going to reply back? Cause i don't think he has posted since the first page, am i right?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It may be the way it is for you but not for me. We will have to disagree then. Why do we have to be so hard on each other? A little empathy goes a long way in life.

Why does it mean so much to you?

You know what Iamonlyhuman?
It really does not mean that much,
But when you have a vast ATS membership with newbies, naive members that do not understand the world of ATS (or the REAL world for that matter):
WE do not have to be so hard on each other but we have to be realist, Right?

Again, good luck. I hope Typer comes back for some insight.
Good night. It is 1am here in Abu Dhabi.
See ya'll tomorrow.

Tom
edit on 14-2-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertfox32
Sorry for the short post. But do you think the OP is going to reply back? Cause i don't think he has posted since the first page, am i right?

Yes DF,
Answers are:
NO and yes!
How about that?
Good Night, my Friends.

73's,
Tom
edit on 14-2-2012 by tomdham because: sorry wrong answer

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Really, what is the worst that can happen if he is NOT who he says he is? Proof?
Ain't no way in hell there's going to EVER be enough proof to satisfy ATS. Your measure of proof is not my measure, nor is it anyone else's. Everyone has different requirements when it comes to believing or not believing. You can make some of the people happy some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. And, as far as jumping up and down stomping our feet just because he hasn't responded to questions, are we really that impatient? To be honest, I don't know yet what I believe about this but I'm willing to accept the story at face value and not berate the poor man just to prove how superior my knowledge is over his, because - and this is important - when it comes right down to it, how does it affect my life? It really doesn't, it's just an interesting story.

Over the years, I've only seen a few people come on ATS to give information like this and in every single case the ATS community has run them off - for good - after their introductory thread. I hate that. If it were your grandfather, and people were treating him that way, how would you feel? To me, it's important in this age of internet anonymity to try to be respectful just out of normal everyday courtesy. And yes, I do feel that charlyv's response above was disrespectful - phrasing is everything.
I agree 100%

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It seems we have two sides going on, those that want more of what Mr Typer has to say and those who want clarification in key areas.
Surely the most sensible way forward is for us to stop posting until Mr Typer responds therefore avoiding masses of pages of .....well just masses of pages of nothingness?

I am glad to see Mr Typer back but would like to hear his response to the queries. I'm intrigued though not convinced and would like some resolution from the main OP rather than pages and pages of arguments from those who can neither substantiate or dispel.

Yes I can see the irony in me having to post to get the point across that maybe we shouldnt post....

edit on 14-2-2012 by PurpleHorizon because: Because I think I proof read but turns out I miss the most obvious.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sir, first of all thank you for your contributions during WW2 and protecting our freedoms.

Also, thank you for this thread, it was honestly a shame that your initial story ended when it did, I could read/listen to what you have to say for as long as you wish to talk.

Again, thank you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join