It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Good grief this has gotten a lot of backlash for being in the Gray Area.

They always do. That is exactly the reason that, if I were to ever "come clean" or come out with something, I would never, ever, in a million years do it on ATS.

I really enjoy ATS, except for this aspect of it. Rude, disrespectful behavior coupled with know-it-all wannabe's.

Hello, I am only human.

You know over the years I have respected and took note of you numerous posts.
You are a sage and a wealth of knowledge. (usually)

I agree with you about the coming clean and not do it in a "million years". Neither would I.
But I have to part with you on this point: Mr. Alonso Typer did do it!
And he did it with information that was either false or totally inaccurate.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt many times in his Intro thread...many times. Review my posts!

Yes, there have been a few rude and disrespectful posters. (AND have been "Off Topic" by GEL)
But, the majority of those looking for the truth in his statements and asking him questions to clarify his points of facts have not been rude.
AND Mr. Typer has NOT answered, not one!

Remember, the Gray Area is for vetting.
And VETTING is what we do.

73's,
Tom

edit on 14-2-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You know I really enjoyed reading this, until you started to descredit yourself, with facts that just arent facts. Its kinda disheartening to know that you are so far off the actual facts, maybe you have just forgot some of the easiest facts a man of the that time could take part in. If you are who you say you are, maybe you just have a memory problem, but im having some real trouble putting just your simple statements together, and I have studied WWII for many years. And know that the Doo-little raids only took place 1 time. you state otherwise????

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

You are 100% correct about him not answering 1 question about the holes in the story. If somebody was trying tell the truth and people have questions the best thing you can do is simply just answer the question. Staying silent just casts more doubt on your story. Kind of like the government and aliens

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Man is 90 years old... He could easily have a memory problem.. Lets just hear what he has to say before we start judging him too harshly .. Trying being 90 year old person and read though 8 pages and attempting to reply..

The kind of Nutcase critics is making this site like the real world, speak something and one is labeled as a nutcase or a conspiracy theorist or a fraud and anyone else willing to give info is discouraged .. There must be a balance between criticizing and being plainly rude as ATS does not want the reputation of being one of those sites where people are afraid to post things which maybe bit different/abnormal ( you get what am talking)...

Did he ever say that he flew bombers from carriers ???? he said he was on carriers and then was on a radio operator in a bomber crew he possibly got transferred ?
edit on 14-2-2012 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

I was stationed on a “Yorktown” class carrier throughout much of the War. I was assigned as a radio operator on B-25’s and flew on many successful missions.

Mr. Typer, If you were on a Yorktown class carrier most of the war as you state in this quote. How is it that a navy man was assigned as a radio operator in a B-25 which was an Army Air Force plane? As far as I know the only B25's that ever flew off a carrier were the Doolittle raiders. As a student of WWII I would like to request a clarification of how this happened please.

Also, there were only three Yorktown class carriers, two of which were sunk by the Japanese in 1942. That leaves only one, the Enterprise, CV-6, which survived the war. The Hornet, which participated in the Doolittle raid, was sunk in October, 1942. The Yorktown itself was lost at the Battle of Midway in June, 1942. So two out of three were sunk within months of the beginning of the war.

The pilots who were on the Doolittle raid had never taken off from an aircraft carrier. To practice an outline of a carrier was drawn on a runway and, of course, they never landed back on the carrier.

This was the only time that United States Army Air Forces bombers were launched from a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier on a combat mission.
Source

The Navy did use the B-25, but they were normally flown by the Marine Corps and were land-based. Except for the Doolittle Raid, when 16 B-25s were used, I can find no instance of B-25s being used on a regular basis by Yorktown or any other class carriers during WW II. In the Navy these planes were not called B-25s, but were PBJ-1s.

Note to add: I see most of this has been covered. Oh, well.........
edit on 2/14/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
One great thing that has come out of all of this, is a wonderful history lesson, the likes of which you could never get in a book. There are people on here that really know this particular era in WWII, and how the Doolittle raid was organized and executed.

Their collective knowledge creates a great historical read, and I love it.

So, in retrospect, thanks to Typer for the fuel that lit this fire, albeit not the way he intended the post to go!

Did you consider, before you posted that, how disrespectful your words are if AlonzoTyper is indeed who he says he is? How would you feel if you came on the internet to share your almost 90 years of first hand experience with history (and not "reinvented" history as we know a lot of history is) and someone said that to you?

Oh, and where exactly do you think the people you say who "really know their history" got it from? A book.
edit on 14/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Look at page 6 from tomdham Doolittle raid again I think. He said he was part of the "Doolittle raid as we call them".
edit on 14-2-2012 by desertfox32 because: fixing

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Alonzo! You're the best thing on ATS since Hidden_Hand!!

Love threads like this

Thanks for your amazing stories, I can't wait to hear more!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

One great thing that has come out of all of this, is a wonderful history lesson, the likes of which you could never get in a book. There are people on here that really know this particular era in WWII, and how the Doolittle raid was organized and executed.

So, in retrospect, thanks to Typer for the fuel that lit this fire, albeit not the way he intended the post to go!

yea, good job ATS members!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Absolutely an amazing story Mr. Typer. I look forward to hear more of your life and experiences. S&F's sir!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Great story Mr. Typer and also, ATS is full of people who think they know more about your own accounts then you do... So don't let them get to 'ya.

On a side note, I haven't got to do this much in my life, but I thank you for your heroic service in WWII I would like to hear more stories.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Did you consider, before you posted that, how disrespectful your words are if AlonzoTyper is indeed who he says he is? How would you feel if you came on the internet to share your almost 90 years of first hand experience with history (and not "reinvented" history as we know a lot of history is) and someone said that to you?

Oh, and where exactly do you think the "people who really know their history" got it from? A book.

With all due respect, I am only human,
I believe I addressed this in my last post to you, oh Great One.

Is it indeed disrespectful that, if the words, not to mention the facts, you post are refuted and found to be unverifiable, or least inaccurate?
If he is who he says he is there is obviously no problem.

There are a few things that YOU should take into consideration:
1) If he is who he says he is, why no response? (maybe because there is no response?)
2) What is disrespectful in asking questions?
3) Do you have proof that he is 90 years old? (No source)
4) Do you have proof that the HISTORY of which he speaks HAS, in fact, been reinvented? (Sources would help)
5) Do YOU really believe that all of the "people who really know their history" got it from a book?
6) Gray Area is for VETTING!!!! That is what we do...DENY IGNORANCE
7) If ATSers want to keep following a great story for what it is, so be it...it is only a story!
8) HE STILL HAS NOT REPLIED TO ONE POST!!!

NO proof.

73's and out..
Tom

edit on 14-2-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I love how everyone can believe anything that they're are trying to prove without proof, but when someone else tries to do something good and share something they immediately close up their minds! So many people on this site don't accept the "OFFICIAL story" on many topics, BUT this one everyone immediately tries to debunk Mr. Typer's Account of events with the "OFFICIAL Story!" As a fellow ATS member I find it funny that some people are SELECTIVE on when they accept the "OFFICIAL story". It seems only when it puts them in the right do they accept it. Convenient..........
Mr. Typer thank you for a great story, I do look forward to more accounts!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So far there are two main issues i have and would really like a response from the poster just something about it makes me a little skeptical. I might be missing a few so feel free to add on if you see fit.

1: Was he part of the Doolittle raid as he claimed we call it?

2: How did he jump from the navy cleaning the bulk to flying with the Army Air Core?

Though if he is telling the truth than i will apologize because i respect all active and former service men/women

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I agree. WW2 is laden with intricacies that miss the history books. Absolute statements by amateur and sometimes professional historians are often inaccurate. I would not be surprised if his story checks out true, but more details are needed. I hope they are forthcoming. If this guy is for real it is a pleasure to have him on ATS.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If this man cant even clarify where/who he was during what arguably must have been the most important years of his life... then he's lying.

Ipso facto.

How many times have i seen this exact situation play out on these boards. Self-proclaimed professional makes a massive, indigestible, and what he might think is a minutely plausible story. People who actually know the history ask for clarification on certain discrepancies. Original poster sputters, and is never heard from again.

Its a story as old as time itself........ or ATS, neways.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Oh, and where exactly do you think the people you say who "really know their history" got it from? A book.

I too feel that there is no need to be rude in asking the OP questions., But could you please explain what about the post above is disrespectful?

I am in agreement with that post. I would have never bothered to learn about this particular part of history. And I appreciate getting that knowledge by the members here. Even if it came in a round about way.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I too feel that there is no need to be rude in asking the OP questions., But could you please explain what about the post above is disrespectful?

I am in agreement with that post. I would have never bothered to learn about this particular part of history. And I appreciate getting that knowledge by the members here. Even if it came in a round about way.

Hello my friend Network Dude,
Please read my post above.

Explanation?

Does that not explain what you are asking?

Please let me know.

Thanks and 73's,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Good grief this has gotten a lot of backlash for being in the Gray Area.

The Gray Area is for VETTING claims made by Posters.

Whether it's true or not I did enjoy the story. Like most people on here should know by now is that you have to take every story with a grain of salt. It's just a fact.

Yes, great STORY.
BUT Mr. Typer is publishing this "story" as true facts!
NO, it is not a fact that you have to take a story purported to be true with a "grain of salt".
That is called: Argument from Ignorance

Stop getting all worked up about something you yourself have holes in the rebuttal.

Please show me some examples of "holes in the rebuttal", PLEASE. (I'll wait)

If you disagree then you can make your 1 post but why keep coming back if you don't agree with "HIS" story. There is nothing more frustrating then when you are trying to tell your story and someone tries throws a false flag up.

So, from now on only one post should be made in response to the inconsistencies that are picked out of a OP?

What about all of the other posters that disagree?

Should we just ignore them and allow them to continue to misstate, misdirect, redirect or just flat out type uninformed gibberish??
(Oh yeah, that Deny Ignorance thing keeps coming up to bite you, dang!)
Yes it is a bit "frustrating" when the OP (AKA, Story) is refuted or questions are asked.

BTW, you should really look up the meaning of "false flag". Google it, I am not wasting my time.
Maybe you will use it in the correct context next time.

Ciao,
Tom

"The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

By nature, The Gray Area tends to involve unproven claims and anecdotal testimony that may arouse skepticism in some members."

Why are you taking everything I say to heart? I wasn't talking about you or anyone directly. I just don't get why some people have nothing better to do but refute a story. I could start a thread stating "I woke up at 7am this morning, ate cereal, out the door at 7:05am" and someone on here would say "pictures or it didn't happen" or "no you had a pop tart because the time you woke up and left the door doesn't leave enough time to have cereal". Do you really think he's going to remember every single detail from something 60-70 years ago? I barely remember details of some things I did last week.

You also get your facts from where? Other websites...who were likely written by other people who either experienced the same stuff or heard it from another. How do you know that is entirely accurate...you don't. All I'm saying is unless you personally experienced any of this then you can't 100% go against everything he says.

A definition of false flag - Purposely fabricating or attacking to stray away from what really happened. Does not have to include war or military.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone but it just gets old seeing this site from where it was just 2 years ago (I had a previous profile). Every thread someone always has to post their views and it didn't happen because of the way they were taught or what they saw. Everyone sees things differently & while I have no idea whether or not your stuff has holes why should I believe your stuff over his? That's all I'm saying.
edit on 14-2-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join