It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by tomdham

Ah yes, once again, some people are having problems with their reading skills.'
What he said.

You are correct, I was stationed on a Yorktown class for much of the War, but for the last year or so I did take part in the "Doolittle Raids" as you call it.

Obviously, he doesn't, or didn't, know what was meant about the Doolittle Raids. He hasn't watched "Pearl Harbor" recently, and isn't up on pop culture as you debunkers seem to be. Not as clever as you all think you are. If he was a hoaxer, I think he would have been more aware of current pop culture, and avoided this mistake.
Sounds to me like he thought the poster was referring to something else.

I'm sorry poet1b,
Now you are baiting...I have to call BS on this post for various reasons.
This is called misdirection. Unless you are him?

This Doolittle stuff is getting quite boorish. I am done with this ridiculous rehashing of the same old thing!!
You are talking semantics here.

Point 1:
"Pearl Harbor" the movie has nothing to do with this topic
Point 2:
The Doolittle Raid is not "pop culture". It was a sortie by the USAAF from the USS Hornet in April 1942.
And if he was a radio operator on one of the B-25's he probably knew Doolittle real well and knew they were going on a "raid" over Tokyo. Don't you think???
Point 3:
Again WWII and the Doolittle Raid was and is NOT POP Culture and has nothing to do with the movies!

Sounds like he participated in the later launching of a B25 off of a carrier. This would also be a part of the time he was not on a Yorktown class carrier.

Now, I know you know this to be a blatant LIE. Unless you have not read all the posts You know there were no later launches of a B-25 off of CV. (Except the one mentioned previously in 1944)

That's it, I refuse to be baited any longer into trying to refute facts that are purposely misstated.

No more Dr. Doolittle for this guy. Have at it trolls.

TBH, I really don't care if the guy is for real or not!!! I am just trying to piece together certain aspects of his OP.
That's IT!

No 73's,
Tom

edit on 14-2-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, seems like the great debunk has taken over the thread.....
I await Mr Typers next installment.
My advice alonzo?
Ignore the peanut gallery and just get on with your informative story......
Let them rage on.....i want to hear what you have to offer,
Truth comes wrapped in all kinds enigmas....
Whatever you have to say.....lets have it...each can derive what they wish from it....
regards ......s

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Good to hear from you again and thanks for sharing your story with us here on ATS. Quite interesting, to say the least. And a big Thank You to your grandchildren as well!

Can't wait to hear what else you have to share and I'm looking forward to your next post.

Flatfish

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. F&SSSS

edit on 14-2-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by desertfox32

Maybe the term "Doolittle raid" wasn't that common during WW II. These things tend to change over time, and I think the movie has made the event much more popular. I had never heard of such an event before I saw the movie.

If anything, his response on this makes him sound more authentic, especially now that it has been brought out that there was a later B25 launch off of a carrier.

There was a single aircraft modified for carrier trials that flew a single trap and launch on November 15, 1944(off the coast of Philadelphia, 3000 miles from the Pacific ocean and Alonzo's claimed theater of operations) commanded by Lieutenant Commander Syd Bottomley , the remainder of the crew are named in Bottomley's memoirs. There was no radio operator/gunner onboard the flight.

. I had planned to take just the plane captain, Koffel, and Chief Photo Mate Hicks back to Philadelphia direct from the ship. However, Lieutenant Jim Daniels, the SEU catapult officer, talked me into letting him ride over the bottom hatch below the cockpit with Koffel. Chief Hicks sat in the cannoneer seat to my right.

Marine Corps PBJ-1H (BuNo 35277)

Flightdeck Friday: More Oddities

PBH-1H 43-4700 (BuNo 35277) was modified for aircraft carrier catapult launch and arrest retrievals. The first landings and catapult takeoffs took place aboard the USS Shangri La "CV-38" on November 15, 1944. Although the experiment was successful, no further work on a carrier-based Mitchell took place since American advances in the Pacific made such an aircraft unnecessary.

PBJ-1 for US Navy

Doolittles raiders were the only CV based B-25 mission of the entire war, period.

The Doolittle Raid of April 18, 1942 was the first U.S. air raid to strike the Japanese home islands during WWII. The mission is notable in that it was the only operation in which U.S. Army Air Forces bombers were launched from an aircraft carrier into combat.

The Doolittle Raid (Hornet CV-8)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good grief this has gotten a lot of backlash for being in the Gray Area. Whether it's true or not I did enjoy the story. Like most people on here should know by now is that you have to take every story with a grain of salt. It's just a fact. Stop getting all worked up about something you yourself have holes in the rebuttal. If you disagree then you can make your 1 post but why keep coming back if you don't agree with "HIS" story. There is nothing more frustrating then when you are trying to tell your story and someone tries throws a false flag up.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
WTH people...your believers make me sick. The fact you buy into any story that contains UFO tidbits is just idiotic.

I am not saying his story is true or not..but he has made claims that can be verified but you all would rather live in ignorance and blast anyone that knows about this stuff and calls him on it.

Let the people who know about this stuff ask the questions...allow the OP to defend himself if he can.

Stop being the usual UFO sheeple..the ones who follow without question.
edit on 14-2-2012 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

Personally, I never blasted anyone. I just stated (in a very respectful manner I might add) that I respect the work skeptics do on ATS and in the world but I'd like to hear the whole story first before I draw conclusions. Apparently that was too "off topic"?

In light of the story itself... It seems odd that he would choose such an easily debunked claim if it weren't true. I've never "studied" WWII history myself, but I've watched enough history channel to know that the claims being made by the skeptics in regard to the doolittle raid are true. But why wouldn't he just claim he flew a fighter plane or something? Why make the claim you flew B-25's on a carrier? Yet those of us who would like to hear more before we draw our conclusions are being silenced. I find that a little strange but I guess it's ATS policy.

As far as the story itself is concerned, I too found it a little odd that he claimed in one post that he painted hulls for a couple years and then suddenly he was a radio operator on a b-25. There are definitely inconsistencies here, but I'd like to hear what the OP has to say about these things (and the rest of his story) before I draw my conclusions. I will say this much: I appreciate the servicemen and those with WWII knowledge who have come forward to point out some of these inconsistencies. I stated in my original post that I neither believe or disbelieve the claims being made (I'd just like to hear the whole thing before I decide).

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Good grief this has gotten a lot of backlash for being in the Gray Area.

The Gray Area is for VETTING claims made by Posters.

Whether it's true or not I did enjoy the story. Like most people on here should know by now is that you have to take every story with a grain of salt. It's just a fact.

Yes, great STORY.
BUT Mr. Typer is publishing this "story" as true facts!
NO, it is not a fact that you have to take a story purported to be true with a "grain of salt".
That is called: Argument from Ignorance

Stop getting all worked up about something you yourself have holes in the rebuttal.

Please show me some examples of "holes in the rebuttal", PLEASE. (I'll wait)

If you disagree then you can make your 1 post but why keep coming back if you don't agree with "HIS" story. There is nothing more frustrating then when you are trying to tell your story and someone tries throws a false flag up.

So, from now on only one post should be made in response to the inconsistencies that are picked out of a OP?

What about all of the other posters that disagree?

Should we just ignore them and allow them to continue to misstate, misdirect, redirect or just flat out type uninformed gibberish??
(Oh yeah, that Deny Ignorance thing keeps coming up to bite you, dang!)
Yes it is a bit "frustrating" when the OP (AKA, Story) is refuted or questions are asked.

BTW, you should really look up the meaning of "false flag". Google it, I am not wasting my time.
Maybe you will use it in the correct context next time.

Ciao,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is not much left to argue about on this topic. We have to wait till he post some new information, and then we can take it apart, and try to make some senses of what he's saying. But i think we have already discussed the major holes in the story unless i'm missing anything.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OP, as you have seen, you have to be good to fool some on ATS. There are many subject matter experts here. Like many here I caught the huge flaw in your Doolittle references. The Doolittle raids were a 1x event to show Japan that we could touch their homeland and to give a booste to American morale during a dark time of the war. However B-25s did continue to serve with distinction through the rest of the war, just not off aircraft carriers.

So interesting story but nothing more.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

This post is well written and (dare I say it) believable. I'm going to be watching closely for more posts from you.

I would like to hear, however, a more detailed description of the other worldly craft you saw. You said it was 75 feet across, saucer shaped and had a sheen like stainless steel, but felt like a carbon fiber. Are there more details you can share? Did you get a chance to observe a crew cabin?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
As stated by ProgressiveSlayer, assuming that your interpretation of what was said/written is absolutely what was said/written can paint you “the fool”.

Some of the “absolute” renderings that are being used as proofs ARE NOT what was written.
If Mr. Typer is who he says, and his intent is as stated, there is, likewise, the possibility/probability that he would want to maintain some sort of cloud around his identity. If I were writing a summary of personal experiences that included events and mysteries, where threats and disappearances are common – I KNOW – I would fudge some of the lines…

Whether this was/is his intent or not, stating that “I know this isn’t true BECAUSE…” might very well set one up for a lofty plummet.

I have researched mysteries where the persons (almost two decades younger than Mr. Typer) telling the stories (a) mixed up timelines, (b) misquoted key conversations, (c) gave the fallacious interpretations of others as fact, and all but doomed their chances with such faulty details (in fact – other investigators and like professionals did write them off)…yet…in the end, their stories were proven valid by the same kinds of facts that the debunkers in this thread seem to think proves the opposite.

I, for one, would prefer to make up my own mind, regarding the substance of Mr. Typer’s claims.
That doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate your intelligent questions. I do not, though, appreciate the “summary judgments”.

And I’m sure you don’t appreciate my two cents, either.
But thanks for the venue!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So far vetted TRUE:

There WERE B25Bs in the Enterprise Class (AKA Yorktown Class in other references).

The USS Hornet (CV8) was one of the three carriers in the class.

Doolittle Raid was 18 April 1942

Carrier - Hornet (CV8) was later damaged at the Battle of Santa Cruz - 26 October 1942 which is AFTER the Doolittle Raid.

We look forward to hearing more from Alonzo Typer.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

I'm working my way though all of the reply posts slowly, so if this has been addressed already, I apologise.

There is a lot of discussion on the details of the OPs war time experiences, particulary, his presence on a "Yorktown" class carrier, his position as a radio operator on a B-25, and his being a pilot.

" I was stationed on a “Yorktown” class carrier throughout much of the War. I was assigned as a radio operator on B-25’s and flew on many successful missions."

At no time does the OP say that he was flying B-25s from a "Yorktown" carrier. He makes two seperate statements. He also states that he was a pilot. At no time did I see that he said that he was the pilot of a B-25.

The OPs statements are seperate points, that if you read carefully, you can see they are not neccessarily connected.

I think that some here are, as I have in my signature, reaching conclusions before they get to them.

Just my 2 cents. I think that the OP should be given an opportunity to have his say before being thrown to the wolves.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jroberts227

What he did say is that he took part in what "we call the Doolittle raid". If you read my other posts, and Tomdham's. He would have corrected himself, but anybody serving in the USN during WW2 would have known about the raid, and not have gotten it confused with just a regular b-25 bombing run don't you think?

I'm not trying to call the guy out just yet i need more info for that. But so far it's not looking to hopeful.
edit on 14-2-2012 by desertfox32 because: info

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm glad to see you checking in again you're story is very interesting, and I think you would be a fascinating person to know. I understand about your reasoning for using skunk works since it had ties into a previous project of yours. One question though, Do you think these crafts that you have knowledge of could be used in something different, such as Project Bluebeam. ( an alleged program the government has supposedly in the works for a faked extra terrestial invasion when tshf) Good writing.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well - if Mr. Typer is deliberately sullying the historical facts to cloud his identity, there could be better ways. People as old as I am remember well the rivalry between the services. Navy personel called their planes by different numbers than the army personel even if they were the same aircraft.

Also, to befuddle the enemy, the Japanese in this case, there were several ships named the same name such as the Yorktown was after the original Yorktown was sunk during the battle of Midway island.

As for getting his facts wrong, my uncle dressed me down one time for mistakenly saying a DC4 had two engines. He was eighty at the time. During the War he was a First Leutenant in the Navy, drove F4F's, F6F's and in the Korean War F4U's. He resigned from the Navy in 1954 and joined the Air National Guard, flying P(F)80's and ultimately flying an F104 before hes was "retired" to C130's. He retired from it all as a Lt. Colonel.

Basically, Mr. Typer's story just doesn't hold water, and for that, I for one, cannot believe the rest.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Good grief this has gotten a lot of backlash for being in the Gray Area.

They always do. That is exactly the reason that, if I were to ever "come clean" or come out with something, I would never, ever, in a million years do it on ATS.

I really enjoy ATS, except for this aspect of it. Rude, disrespectful behavior coupled with know-it-all wannabe's.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My alarm sounded, from his intro post, it just did not feel right, something about it .. he seemed like a really good story teller and well spoken , i know i should not judge a book by its cover. However after reading all the evidence presented in this thread i have to go with my gut and say that i believe it to be false. I dont know why or how it happens but we all have the ability to sens emotion through my our words, even if we cant as detailed with our storys ; the emotions will still show, .. anyway that my two cents, i hope mr typer will come back and prove me wrong. But also i would like to say, great job for all the members who went with their gut feeling on this one and " debunked" his well being , this is somthing we should be proud of, this type of action equals truth ...

Brother shamilski

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
One great thing that has come out of all of this, is a wonderful history lesson, the likes of which you could never get in a book. There are people on here that really know this particular era in WWII, and how the Doolittle raid was organized and executed.

Their collective knowledge creates a great historical read, and I love it.

So, in retrospect, thanks to Typer for the fuel that lit this fire, albeit not the way he intended the post to go!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join