It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You need to improve on your reading skills, as you seem seriously lacking.

He was assigned on a carrier throughout MUCH of the war. Look up the definition of the word "much" if you must.

The time he served as a radio operator on B25 missions would be the time when he wasn't assigned to the carrier.

I know, I am not Mr. Ape but one of the "few people" that did not have paint chipping or 'tater peeling "collateral duty assignments" but that being said, he did say he was involved with the "Doolittle Raid" as see here in a post above by Mr. Ape.

Doolittle Raids" AGAIN!

In addition, probably did work painting and scraping as collateral duty. If you ever served in the military you would know what I am talking about. We all had collateral duty assignments, except apparently some few people.

See above^^^^

I have explained this several times now, that you continue to ignore points that prove you wrong demonstrates that you really don't care about the facts.

Now that you are going to have to take up with Mr. Ape!!

Anyway, as I have posted there are just way too many questions regarding Mr. Typer's whole thread that I do not believe, if he is who he says he is, will bother to answer. Especially due to his health, etc. His Grandkids are probably tired of trying to help him anyway.

Again, If he is the "real deal", I feel sorry for him.
Don't you think?

73's,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

If you wish for more information on the craft, I think we must first invent the universe.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
first of all i completely believe alonzo, naive or not i think he's being as truthful as he's able. it's wrong to try and call him out on his name, it's nobodys business but his, particularly as it could lead to implications for his family.

secondly.. i'd like to point out that pretty much everybody on this site has virtually no trust and faith in their governments/leaders. we don't believe much of what they tell us these days at all. that's because we now know they've proven to be liars when it suits 'their cause'. therefore why does everybody assume history is accurate?? there've been a few comments over ONE doolittle raid (i didn't read the details fully so if it's a little hazy then that's why)... ok, so why are we assuming then that it was only one? it could've been many but ONE is what tptb at the time wanted people to believe.

personally i'd rather take the word of somebody that was there (believe it or not), than the government/leaders that i already know to be corrupt.

more alonzo, more! it's fascinating, i'm almost envious of all the things you've seen!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Ah yes, once again, some people are having problems with their reading skills.'

What he said.

You are correct, I was stationed on a Yorktown class for much of the War, but for the last year or so I did take part in the "Doolittle Raids" as you call it.

Obviously, he doesn't, or didn't, know what was meant about the Doolittle Raids. He hasn't watched "Pearl Harbor" recently, and isn't up on pop culture as you debunkers seem to be. Not as clever as you all think you are. If he was a hoaxer, I think he would have been more aware of current pop culture, and avoided this mistake.

Sounds to me like he thought the poster was referring to something else.

Sounds like he participated in the later launching of a B25 off of a carrier. This would also be a part of the time he was not on a Yorktown class carrier.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sir, thank you for doing your best at attempting to share your accounts of your life experiences. I believe that if God himself decided to post on ATS, his words would be disected and torn apart and he'd be verbally attacked on here. I do think the idea of writing a memoir may better suite you and not to mention leave your loved one's and the rest of the world with an incredible account before your passing...the world should know your story I understand that sharing these things can sometimes be therapudic. Thank you for your service to this great country and God bless.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You may be right, but where i'm coming from is if he was in the war at the times he claimed. He would know about the Doolittle raid. Because in ww2 it was a big deal, and moral boost for the US. And I think he would have pointed out the confusion. But i may be wrong

edit on 14-2-2012 by desertfox32 because: Info

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by desertfox32

Maybe the term "Doolittle raid" wasn't that common during WW II. These things tend to change over time, and I think the movie has made the event much more popular. I had never heard of such an event before I saw the movie.

If anything, his response on this makes him sound more authentic, especially now that it has been brought out that there was a later B25 launch off of a carrier.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, whether it is the truth or not, he isn't coming back. You all have scared him away.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
first of all i completely believe alonzo, naive or not i think he's being as truthful as he's able. it's wrong to try and call him out on his name, it's nobodys business but his, particularly as it could lead to implications for his family.

No one is trying to "call him out" on his name. His name is very well known and he actually mentions it in the first paragraph of his intro thread. Here is a reference if you do not know who Alonso Typer is:

The Diary of Alonso Typer

secondly.. i'd like to point out that pretty much everybody on this site has virtually no trust and faith in their governments/leaders. we don't believe much of what they tell us these days at all. that's because we now know they've proven to be liars when it suits 'their cause'. therefore why does everybody assume history is accurate??

Try and replace "government/leaders" and "history" with: Alonso Typer the OP. (Not the story by Lovecraft)

there've been a few comments over ONE doolittle raid (i didn't read the details fully so if it's a little hazy then that's why)... ok, so why are we assuming then that it was only one? it could've been many but ONE is what tptb at the time wanted people to believe.

No, ladyteeny, there have been MANY comments over the Doolittle Raid. If you "didn't read the details fully" and it is "a little hazy" then I would kindly suggest that you DO read the details fully so the haze may clear.
And "tptb" would be the Japanese? The American Government that wanted the people at home and abroad that there was only ONE, failed, raid over Tokyo?
I must say, you got me on that one. Those pesky "ptb" during WWII !!!!!

personally i'd rather take the word of somebody that was there (believe it or not), than the government/leaders that i already know to be corrupt.

Let me get this straight. You would rather take the word of somebody..."(believe it or not)" who you do not know????
Than the gov/leaders that you say were corrupt during WWII regarding Doolittle's Raid on Tokyo?
Which is well documented with photos, newsreels, documentation, etc.

You really got me there!

more alonzo, more! it's fascinating, i'm almost envious of all the things you've seen!

Yes, more Alonso, more for us to investigate, learn and vet. High Five there LADYTEENY!!!!

By the way, that would be: "your are not quite envious of all the things he has "allegedly" seen!?

Good luck ladyteeny on you quest for truth and remember to "Deny Ignorance"!

Thanks and 73's,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I do not know if everything Alonzo is saying is accurate or true. When you get to be 90 some things you try to convey could get a little mixed up. I know quite a few older people and I understand this well. I let it go in one ear and out the other but try to understand what they are trying to say. I am very interested in other parts of what he is saying and am getting a little impatient with those who are trying to nitpik everything he says. I'm sure that he will die before finishing his story at the present rate. He's only got two years left possibly. If he spends all of it substantuating everything he has said about things that really matter, we will never hear the end of the story. I personally would like to here his story before 12/21/2012 just incase a solar flare knocks out the internet. After his story is finished it's time to debunk it. If you buy a book you should read the whole book before making an opinion of it's contents. A book usually has around 10 percent content that a person knows well and 90 percent that he has not totaly researched. Because you have to fill the book to sell it you tend to include research of others that you have not thoroughly thought over. I see this and like to read research journal entries

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by desertfox32

Maybe the term "Doolittle raid" wasn't that common during WW II. These things tend to change over time, and I think the movie has made the event much more popular. I had never heard of such an event before I saw the movie.

If anything, his response on this makes him sound more authentic, especially now that it has been brought out that there was a later B25 launch off of a carrier.

My Gosh man, the Doolittle Raid was one hell of a morale booster during WW2 and also caused the hierarchy of Japan to pull back a lot of their expeditionary forces to circle Japan from future Allied attacks.

If he were a Navy man, he would have been on a PBJ (Navy version of a B25). The only two times a B25 was on a mission on carriers were the Doolittle raid and the Shangri La cat tests (which my uncle told me failed). All others were land launched from captured and refurbished Japanese air bases in the Pacific.

However what really concerned me about his story is he states that Lockheed did not enter the war until late with the P80. That is just wrong. The P38 Lightning was entered about 1939 and was the fastest fighter up until the P51 got its Merlin engine. Lockheed made numerous bombers and cargo craft for WW2, also.

I call Bernard Schnitzel!

Here's a printing of Lovecraft's "Diary of Alonzo Typer". This is a strange story, also.
Next thing you know, old Alonzo's going to be on the USS Eldridge...

www.psy-q.ch...
edit on 14-2-2012 by NightFlight because: forgot the link.

edit on 14-2-2012 by NightFlight because: spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Keep it up, you may find yourself POST BANNED.

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

AGAIN, to those making off topic posts criticizing those who are vetting the story......that is not only allowed but the purpose of this forum....

The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Questioning and debating the story is allowed within the T&C and required civility and decorum. Critizing those who are questioning is OFF TOPIC and will be removed.

Please stop and don't make off topic posts admonishing those who are questioning the story. Stop with the one line "I agree type posts". Stop with attacks. Just debate and discuss the topic at hand.

Vetting is allowed!

edit on February 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

edit on 14-2-2012 by desertfox32 because: n

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Right on man, the Doolittle raid was one of those things that happen that was pretty common knowledge at the time, and anyway Doolittle got a Metal Of Honor for his part in the war. So he was pretty much a hero even though the actual raid didn't do much damage, just more of a show of force.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

TextWell, whether it is the truth or not, he isn't coming back. You all have scared him away.

Oh boy, it just keeps getting better.
Here we go again.Scared him away....hahaha....A WW2 vet scared by a bunch of internet geeks.That's a laugh.If he had been through what he claims his skin would be as thick as they come .What next? If his grandson comes on the account and claims he died you'll say we killed him and not the fact he claims he's in his nineties and he has leukemia ? Like I said when all this started He was making mistakes on his introduction thread and he's making them now.This is a very well thought out troll.We've seen the same pattern before with just different angles presented each time.The conclusion will be his grandson will take over the account and carry on. Continuing to rack up the stars and flags because this is what this its all about.
Like I said in earlier posts on his last thread he would make up excuses why he couldn't provide real facts and he has consistently done that and will continue to do so ass long as he can.Followed by snide remarks about why he doesn't have to prove anything which is a contradiction to the whole purpose of him being here.Why would a ninety year old man fear for his life when he's half way in the hole? Many people have come forward claiming extraordinary things for years not on this site but in public and nothing has happened to them or their families.
The holes are starting to show with each post he makes and we all know it.It's only a matter of time before this all comes to a head.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

Apologies to the moderator, I did use some harsh words.. I'll behave myself.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
In your defense I have to say something.

My business deals in antiques and historical documents. One of my favorite niches is WW2 Era items and documents. I'm also a big fan of the era and it's culture, lingo, etc. Some people may not notice what I do but your written 'mannerisms' are in line with someone of your age who was involved in the military or of that era.

Little things you say pop out at me. They're sublime and may be unnoticed by the average person, but I'm picking up on them.

Just a thought.

I do appreciate your support.

As I have previously stated, I am not here to deceive anyone. Only to tell a story

If you are here to tell us a story, let me get my pajamas on and get ready for bed. The question is whether or not you are telling us a fairy tale or not.

I can sense that from the tone of your writing, without any spelling errors in your writings, that it is a very thought out story that is a bit vague. You are not really disclosing anything with substantial HARD EVIDENCE.

I have a lot more enjoyment reading other threads about UFOs which have pictures and videos. There is no added fluffy writing like you have in your posts. Frankly, this is wasting my time reading your threads and I don't appreciate getting strung along for the ride.

Just like the horn sounds in the sky, you are starting to become one of those sounds on ATS.

Pics....or it didn't happen. Don't beat around the bush. I will move on.....

edit on 14-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join