It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

You sir, reminds me of Phoenix Wright, Ace attorney! lol (a nintendo ds game, oh nevermind)

"Objection!!!", and now for the rebuttal.

You do raise valid points, and i must say, just looking at the evidence, it is rather tipping into the direction that makes the story seem more and more fake.

vvv

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There are two problems that have surfaced here.
First, most of us older fellows have a deep respect for the truth about "war stories," Meaning factual history. A lier on that terrible episode in our past when so many suffered is not to be tolerated, given no quarter, and gets zero respect.

We may forget a lot of things as we get older, but our service exxperiences usually remain quite clear when other details of jobs and family faulter. You lie to me once and you must prove, one way or another, anything else you tell me because I won't believe it otherwise.

As of last night when I stopped reading his words, he had not given us a single thing that was important to the UFO story. Nothing. Anything close to being factual (his war story) was untrue in part if not completely and we never got into his wrong comments on the SR-71 nor will we get it from him.

With his lies about the war, he effectively has cut himself off at the knees. He now will have to carefully research whatever he attempts to "reveal" or slip (as he has done already) into scribbling generalities for the gullible ones left hanging on to his every word simply because they want to believe. I BELIEVE alright, but not his tale.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

sorry - but no - naval and marine personell would use the correct deseigation for the modified B-52

its basic ingrained culture

naval rates and marines NEVER go to the toilet - they visit the head

they dont know where the kitchen is - but can find the galley blidfolded

etc etc etc

again - devil is in the details and my typer is utterly ignorant of the details of being in the wwii era USN

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Alonzo has a very entertaining story and I would like to believe him but. The whole B-25 launching off of a Yorktown CV has me a little on the fence about his credibility. Until he shows some proof, or clarifies some of his fact i would say its a hoax, or just a good story.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Jane's Fighting Ships of World War II
edition of copyright 1989
Publisher Jane's Publishing Company
page 267

Both the Yorktown and the Hornet were members of the Essex Class which contained 24 ships.

Kearsarge is the original launch name of the Hornet until the name was changed.

Now going to a second book:

The Hamlyn Concise Guide to American Aircraft of World War II by David Mondey
from the version published in 1996
copyright Aerospace Publishing Ltd.
copyright color profiles and line diagrams - Pilot Press Ltd.

First, hubby says the picture shows radio aerials on the B-25 As and Cs (There is no picture of the Bs) The pictures of the B25Js do not have aerials.

Next from page 192:

Some 120 B-25Bs were manufactured, this model having ... B25Bs were among the US reinforcement sent to Australia in 1942, serving the 3rd Bombardment Group's 13th and 19th Squadrons, and were also used for the Tokyo raid, led by Lieutenant Colonel James H. Doolittle, on 18 April 1942. For this attack 16 modified aircraft, with an autopilot, fuel tankage increased ... took off from the carrier USS Hornet for an 800-mile (1,287-km) flight to their targets at Tokyo, Kobe, Yokohama and Nagoya, flying on to China where they were force-landed.

edit on 14/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: L not T (typo)

edit on 14/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: picture not diagram + B25Js

edit on 14/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: no has one n

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Look, I want this guy to be legit just as much as anybody else...but there comes a point where you gotta recognize that there are in fact massive holes in this guy's story.

Heck, some of the well thought out posts that obviously had time and effort put into them are being skipped over while the supporting posts...based on zero fact... are being starred like nothing else.

Why people are ignoring the posts that point out glaring inconsistencies is baffling.

Coming from another Navy guy, I can affirm, much like everyone else, that this is a load of garbage. As soon as he started going into specifics my alarm bells went off.

People, don't be so gullible. Don't feed the trolls.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

from mr typer :

You are correct, I was stationed on a Yorktown class for much of the War, but for the last year or so I did take part in the "Doolittle Raids" as you call it.

how precisely did he " take part in the doolittle raid " if he was only on a yorktown class CV for " the last year or so "

that ` last year or so ` would be 1944 / 45 - BUT at that point hornet and yorktown had been sunk - which leaves enterprise as his " yorktown class carrier "

edit to add - yorktown never carried any variant of b-25 / PBJ

but to be a part of the doolittle raid - he needed to have been on board hornet in 1942

further his reply to numinouscosmos

here

is to put it mildly , evasive and to put it bluntly - as i will a blatant lie , attempting to rewrite histoy with a super secret chapter all about him
edit on 14-2-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
For those who don't believe and want to criticize....why not just find another thread to engage in whereas you can actually contribute to instead of taking away from. Obviously there are other ATS'ers who want to hear more before making a judgement.

This guy came to our community, a conspiracy minded community, with a grandiose tale akin to Forrest Gump’s...a community who vets everything. We are contributing to the standards of the community, while the OP is taking away.

Originally posted by MamaJ
He never said he was on the Yorktown that had B-52's. These two were separate and not the same...

You are correct. However, he DID make some bold statements regarding his role in WWII, involving Yorktown class CV's and B-52's.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

AGAIN, to those making off topic posts criticizing those who are vetting the story......that is not only allowed but the purpose of this forum....

The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Questioning and debating the story is allowed within the T&C and required civility and decorum. Critizing those who are questioning is OFF TOPIC and will be removed.

Please stop and don't make off topic posts admonishing those who are questioning the story. Stop with the one line "I agree type posts". Stop with attacks. Just debate and discuss the topic at hand.

Vetting is allowed!

edit on February 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

dear sir - you have read janes inccorrectly - to put it mildly

the yorktown class carriers were yorktown [ cv5 ] hornet [cv8 ] and enterprise [cv-6] - 3 vessels in type

essex class carriers were a different design - which superceeded the yorktowns - 24 vessels in type

USS yorktown [ cv-10 ] was an essex class

to be certain of the pedigree of a ship - you have to check its name , pendant number and / or year of service

hope this helps

edit to add :

uss yorktown cv5

uss yorktown cv10

see 2 different ships of 2 different class
edit on 14-2-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So did he claim to be part of the Doolittle raid or is that information that just got dug up? I'm just trying to get some of the facts straight. It's getting a little hard to understand his story.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by desertfox32
So did he claim to be part of the Doolittle raid or is that information that just got dug up? I'm just trying to get some of the facts straight. It's getting a little hard to understand his story.

Hi Desert Fox,

Please refer to the numerous posts describing the part he allegedly played on "a Yorktown class carrier" and the post above stating he was involved in the later years of the war.

"Doolittle Raids"?

it does get confusing but just step back look at all of his posts regarding his service in the USN during WWII and you will see blatant misdirection, obfuscation, confusion of facts, etc. (Notice I did not say lies?)

Anyway. I believe he has a lot explaining to do IF, and I do mean IF, he ever comes back.
I don't think he will. Even if he was the "real deal", there are just too many questions to answer.
I kind of feel sorry for him if he is the real deal!

73's,
Tom

edit on 14-2-2012 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

OK thanks for clearing that up for me, I just read the whole post and there are some pretty big holes in his story. I also feel kinda bad for him if he was telling the truth, but its the internet so its kinda hard to tell you know.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Hubby replies:

Dear Sir,

The Jane's copy we referenced was originally published by Jane's Publishing Company in 1946-1947, and this copy was edition of copyright 1989 (printed in 1995).

There are NO Yorktown class carriers in this particular book at all.

It CLEARLY lists 24 ships in the Essex class on page 267 of which Yorktown was CV10 (was completed on 16 May 1943) and the Hornet was CV12 (completed on 29 November 1943). There is NO Enterprise on this class of Essex ship.

NOW - on page 269 there IS an Enterprise class carrier which lists 3 ships: Enterprise, Yorktown and Hornet.
BUT, these are not the same ships as page 267's. This Yorktown was torpedoed and sunk at the Battle of Midway, 7 June 1942 and the Hornet was damaged at the Battle of Santa Cruz Islands 26 October 1942. She was so badly damaged the US Navy decided to sink her.

I pointed out to hubby that the Doolittle raid was 1942 and the ships we previously mentioned were completed AFTER that, which means you are correct. We don't have the CV (pendant) numbers in this book for the Enterprise class listed on page 269.

Thank you for your corrections.

edit on 14/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: clarify

edit on 14/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: grammar are/is-close parens

edit on 14/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: comma not semi colon

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You need to improve on your reading skills, as you seem seriously lacking.

He was assigned on a carrier throughout MUCH of the war. Look up the definition of the word "much" if you must.

The time he served as a radio operator on B25 missions would be the time when he wasn't assigned to the carrier.

In addition, probably did work painting and scraping as collateral duty. If you ever served in the military you would know what I am talking about. We all had collateral duty assignments, except apparently some few people.

I have explained this several times now, that you continue to ignore points that prove you wrong demonstrates that you really don't care about the facts.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Didn't Bill Cooper see a craft come up out of the water, spin around a few times, and then dive back underwater when he was in the military?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Milton William Cooper? I think he was in the air force, and claimed to have seen secret documents the related to the US government, and aliens.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join