It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Though what I said was a bit miffy, I'd believe what an Ancient Egyptian was telling me more than a book about Ancient Egypt.
reply to post by Swamper

How about an ancient Egyptian who wrote a book about Egypt? Good luck finding a living Ancient Egyptian.

Sorry couldn't help it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is quite a bit of discussion around the B25 usage by USAAF vs the Navy's usage.

The B25 also had a Navy designation of PBJ-1 (Patrol Bomber). The Navy aquired a couple hundred of these bombers in 1943 from the USAAF

The Marines did fly the B25 but as Navy PBJ-1 planes and they were used as land based bombers in the last year of the war. Evidently there were also modifications made to launch and *also* recover the PBJ-1 from carriers, but not till shortly after VJ day.

Here is a link describing the Navy's B25 aquistion and usage as the PBJ-1 (typical Army -vs- Navy crap that occurred then as still does today).

www.joebaugher.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"I enlisted in the Navy when I was 16. In those days, you didnt have to jump though hoops. Especially with the situations going on at the time. I was on a ship, stationed in the Pacific throughout The War."

I did a little research on the language the Navy uses and I found that you made a silly mistake if you are who you say you are.
But if you were a Sailor in the Navy you wouldn't make that mistake because it is quite silly.

A Sailor is stationed "on," "at," "is serving with" or "is assigned to" a ship. A Sailor does not serve "in" a ship.

A ship is "based at" or "homeported at" a specific place. A plane is "stationed at" or is "aboard" a ship; is "deployed with" or is "operating from" a ship. Squadrons are "stationed at" air stations. Air wings are "deployed with" ships.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Also, wasn't Pearl Harbour attacked in 1944, this making it "near the end of the war"? Or do you only count the war as started from the moment the US was forced to get involved and not the 5 years prior?

Obviously, you have the same quality of high school history course as Mr. Typer, but yours is somewhere in the old British Empire. The US was attacked at Pearl Harbor on Dec 7, 1941 and not in 1944. You might have figured this out had you read any of the previous posts, as dates of battles and sinkings were noted as being well before 1944. The attack started the US involvement in WW2 which had not been going on for "5 years prior." If you would do a quick review of things before you post, you would be taken more seriously.
edit on 2/14/2012 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
...Civility and Decorum is expected in all forums.
edit on February 14th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the heads up.
edit on 2/14/2012 by WanDash because: (questions already answered)

edit on 2/14/2012 by WanDash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Mr. Typer,

I am anxiously waiting for your next post!
I will be intrigued what your responses will be to the nay sayers.
I salute you for facing the fires that are Abovetopsecret.com.

In your long life, what is your most memorable memory?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Well when you study WW2 for two years of your life for your school grades after choosing History as your subject then yeah, deadly serious.

Keep laughing it up monkey boy, I know which of us is correct.

Ans so do all the other readers of the thread. You might want to rethink your subject after this exchange.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by charlyv
It is not disrespectful at all. You say something in this forum and you tow the line.

If you cannot back up what you say then you become cannon fodder for those who understand the subject in detail. It's the way it is. It does not matter how old you are , or what conditions your life is in.

It may be the way it is for you but not for me. We will have to disagree then. Why do we have to be so hard on each other? A little empathy goes a long way in life.

Why does it mean so much to you?

(Wow, this thread is moving forward at lightspeed.....)

Disagreeing is absolutely ok. And, I am not being hard in my opinion.
I am on in my years, but not as old as Typer claims he is. When it comes down to explaining events in your life, if they are not truthful, then what is the sense of relaying any of that "Information".

Where it becomes important to me, is when history gets involved, and if you have something to contribute to it. Now you are in a different place. When you invoke a historical event and then say you have something to add to what is officially on the record, then you get the ears of some serious people. The scenario goes from entertainment to scrutiny. Historical records people live for proof and evidence, as that is their holy grail. What they may uncover will be what is taught in the future as the truth, as we know it. This is important stuff.

I think it was Mark Twain that said "If you always tell the truth, then you have nothing else you have to remember."

I have great empathy for every person, but you are always judged by what you say on this planet, and that will never change. If you always rely on defending yourself with the truth, then you have nothing to fear, because history itself will be the best council you will ever have.

Peace.

edit on 14-2-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7Well when you study WW2 for two years of your life for your school grades after choosing History as your subject then yeah, deadly serious.

Keep laughing it up monkey boy, I know which of us is correct. Go suck on Iran's penis some more dickwad.

oh dear - you may have studied it - but you betray the fact that you patently did not learn anything

i shal quote your prior post which precicipated this unpleasantness :

Also, wasn't Pearl Harbour attacked in 1944, this making it "near the end of the war"? Or do you only count the war as started from the moment the US was forced to get involved and not the 5 years prior?

i see you posted it as a question - to which the answer is no , but if you wish to disagree please cite the details of this alledged attack on pearl harbour in 1944 , date , objective , japanese units participating etc .

the ATS members who learnt something from history lessons are addamant that the only attack on pearl harbour occured on 7th DECEMBER 1941 . and all credible sources concur

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

If you don't care then why is it that all your threads are ever about is you defending against people attacking your ridiculous bogus claims. Stop trying to save tongue then if you don't care!

Oh and Stop perpetuating ignorance... your story is a load of hog wash just like your introduction!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

You used the phrase "tantamount to treason" in your post. Obvious theatricals going on here. Great story though. I loved it.

Maybe we should have a fictional story section on ATS for you and others to enjoy. This section, however, is NOT for fiction. Hence the vetting going on. Skepticism with unresolved details in the OP story is to be expected until cleared up.

ATS encourages people to speculate on topics, but does not allow threads proven to be false or misleading. Those go in the HOAX bin.

Since this is a relatively new thread I'd say let's hear more from Alonzo Typer. Either he will string us along with no real Paranormal revelations, and feed us historical details and excuses...or..he could step up and deliver his revealing story with verifiable details. This thread will end or not based upon the OP merits and not those of its naysayers. It up to the OP.

It's now page 18. Alonzo Typer last visited the site as of Feb. 14, 2012, according to his profile, so he is reading what is being written.
edit on 15-2-2012 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

..Or the thread may be closed.

DO US A FAVOUR AND CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY!!!!!

The OP has not defended his claim since his FIRST post. Mind you that this thread has been getting starred and flagged for all the back and forth debates between members thereby making this a drama thread.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

There where instances in which modified Army B-25 Mitchell's, where launched off of Navy carriers in the Pacific front.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

My good sir I applaud you on the courage to speak about what you went through, and your contribution to the Pacific front. My great grandfather probably repaired your ship at some point.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

is this part of a science fiction novel your working on? Where are the sources and citations your grandchildren helped you find?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Mr. Typer,

A few things you have to realize when coming here with such an incredible story to present:

1). It will be vetted. You will be constantly analyzed, questioned, poked, prodded, scrutinized, and tested. Every word you say, every grammar mistake or spelling mistake or typo will be analyzed before you are given any true consideration by the people who matter (for example a United States airman typing "air craft" instead of "aircraft"). All these things are given weight. This is to be expected and embraced and if you've ever taken the time to read this website carefully you would understand.

2) Being defensive (although at times understandable) will only hurt your story and your credibility. Focus on giving people the facts as you are asked for them. Ignore the bouquets and back-slaps. Answer the questions relevant to your background and your story. Questions regarding equipment, people, time-line, documents etc. Answer them all and to the best of your ability. If you avoid or sidestep or make excuses you will be dismissed as a fraud and ignored by the people here who count.

3). Again, to be clear: take each question into your background step by step and answer them to the best of your ability and on point just like any post-mission military debriefing. Yes sir, no sir. Here are the facts sir.

4) It's nice to be liked but I assume that is not why you're here. Read points 1 to 3 again and act accordingly. Thank you and good luck sir. NG.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Northghost because: Added word.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

..Or the thread may be closed.

DO US A FAVOUR AND CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY!!!!!

The OP has not defended his claim since his FIRST post. Mind you that this thread has been getting starred and flagged for all the back and forth debates between members thereby making this a drama thread.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

HOW ABOUT- NO?!

Perhaps, just perhaps.. He really IS an old man,
and If so, I can't imagine he would sit for long periods of time waiting to see replies, and respond to them, like most here do.

It really hasn't even been that long since he started this thread.. lol
You people need freakin' help.

Give the dude, what at least A DAY? Maybe TWO? That too much?

Ya'll act like people OWE you something.
I don't care what you say, they don't owe you a thing. lol

Deny Ignorance! haha!

Also: The way some of you get soo bent on other people "getting stars and flags" for *ish you don't like, Speaks volumes about you. Really.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I happened upon the name Alonzo Typer.
The Diary of Alonzo Typer by H. P. Lovecraft and William Lumley in 1935
Link

Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I happened upon the name Alonzo Typer.
The Diary of Alonzo Typer by H. P. Lovecraft and William Lumley in 1935
Link

Doesn't seem like a coincidence to me.

Duh, He already told why he chose that name.
This has been established, but 'nice' work. lol

Pay attention , guy!

It's in his very first intro post, actually.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join