It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

People that write history lie.
reply to post by Swamper

Ok, I am more than a little fed up with this line of thinking. This post has people's critical thinking skills tossed out the window. People who document history try to be impartial and simply document the FACTS. That is what recorded history means. Are all the authors of historical documents impartial? Highly doubtful as any author will no doubt leave some of their own perspective and personality in the recorded account.

The thing about ancient history right through to contemporary history is that the facts are verifiable by more than one source. If everyone person who recorded historical events lied you are also implying that possibly several hundred other verifiable sources lied as well. When it comes to war history, events can be verified by all participants and they aren't even on the same side!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Posting to keep track....
I am enjoying the ride.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

People that write history lie.
reply to post by Swamper

Ok, I am more than a little fed up with this line of thinking. This post has people's critical thinking skills tossed out the window. People who document history try to be impartial and simply document the FACTS. That is what recorded history means. Are all the authors of historical documents impartial? Highly doubtful as any author will no doubt leave some of their own perspective and personality in the recorded account.

The thing about ancient history right through to contemporary history is that the facts are verifiable by more than one source. If everyone person who recorded historical events lied you are also implying that possibly several hundred other verifiable sources lied as well. When it comes to war history, events can be verified by all participants and they aren't even on the same side!

I didn't mean the content, I mean't the content that isn't there. If the big ones didn't want us knowing about something, no history sources will mention it.

Though what I said was a bit miffy, I'd believe what an Ancient Egyptian was telling me more than a book about Ancient Egypt.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Quoth Alonzo.

You are correct, I was stationed on a Yorktown class for much of the War, but for the last year or so I did take part in the "Doolittle Raids" as you call it.

Mr Typer was on a carrier for much of the war, but for the last year or two he was not on the carrier, he was conducting what he thinks we are calling "Doolittle Raids", which everybody else calls strategic bombing of Japan. His missions did not take off from a carrier and Mr Typer hasn't said his bombing runs took off from a carrier.

That's a nice attempt at dodging the potholes in this story. The only problem is that the subsequent B-25 raids on Japan, which were land-based, were done by Marine squadrons. Mr. Typer was in the Navy. It is highly unlikely they took a Navy guy off a carrier and embedded him with the Marines on land. I've never heard of such a thing. Further, he never said that. You have to make up the story to make it fit. If so, it would be extremely easy for him to cite his unit. What squadron was that again? Which airfield did they fly out of?

And for the life of me I do not understand why a Navy guy says he was on a "Yorktown class for much of the war" when the only possible ship that fits that description is the USS Enterprise, the ONLY Yorktown class that made it through the war, and one of the most fabled and famous ships ever in the United States Navy fleet, with 20 battle stars. GI's identify with their units. If you fought with the 42nd Rainbow Division, you'd never say you fought with "a Division" in the war. You'd say, "I was with the 42nd Rainbow!" and you'd say it with pride and a lump in your throat. To be assigned to the Enterprise and identify it as a "Yorktown class" is nonsensical. It would never happen.

So you are asking us to believe that a guy assigned to the Enterprise, a ship he does not name and one which had no B-25s on it, ever, is suddenly transferred at the end of the war to fly on Marine B-25s based on land. and that he just mistakenly calls these "Doolittle Raids," a term never heard before nor used by anyone during or after the war.

Yes, I am ex-Navy. Thanks. But the defense that some of you are putting up here reminds me of the Ugly Stepsisters trying to cram their big feet into Cinderella's glass slipper. It's a tortured attempt that is difficult to watch. It doesn't fit. I'm sorry; I wish it did. But get the hook.

It would have taken so little to get this part of the story right.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
IF YOU CANT EVEN GET A BASIC HISTORICAL FACT LIKE PEARL HARBOR RIGHT, WHY SHOULD WE LISTEN TO ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY?

Well when you say it like that, I could say

"IF YOU CALL A THREAD A HOAX OVER A TINY FRACTION OF NON IMPORTANT INFORMATION, WHY SHOULD ANYONE LISTEN TO YOU?"

But I understand, it's easier for you to look at the little frame than the big picture. Deny Ignorance, not Ignorantly Deny.

If you dont understand the basics of how historical facts regarding events one supposedly participated in need to be accurate in order for people who DON'T know you to take you seriously, then I cant help you.

You see it all boils down to 'CREDIBILITY', a concept you may or may not be familiar with but when someone makes claims such as the OP they need to back up those claims IF they want to be taken seriously.

If this is all just a joke and the OP doesnt want be taken seriously they he doesnt need to provide anything more than the story he has. And the rest of the deluded masses can go on believing whatever they want. Just dont pass me a plate of garbage and tell me its sirloin stake because I'm not buying it.

But by all mean tuck right in...I can see you're quite hungry.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper

If you liked this particular thread, you might also like to read the actual "Diary of Alonzo Typer", written (some say "discovered") by H.P. Lovecraft around 1930.

So if you like a thread, you read a book the guy named his Username after? : o
edit on 14/2/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

The "Diary of Alonzo Typer" is a short story written by H.P. Lovecraft. Like many of Lovecraft's story, it is pure fiction, but presented as "fact" -- so I was being a little sarcastic here.

However, I do sincerely think that if you liked the OP, you will probably love the story by Lovecraft -- they are both written in a similar manner filled with a lot of meticulous and careful descriptions. They also have several other similarities, such as the way the OP and the fictional character both go into a secret basement filled with strange horrors and wonders.

It is not a long story. You could read it in about five minutes or so. Check out the link if you want to.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
First of all, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post all the accurate facts regarding the Doolittle raid. I had heard of this a while ago now but only really knew bits and pieces of what really happened.

For a while reading the OP, i wanted to believe this was a true account. And for a page or 2 of replies i thought there may be some clarity from Mr Typer. After 15 pages and no replies.......i think that says it all really. Inaccuracies and no attempt to respond to legit questions i think stalls this thread IMO

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

And the rest of the deluded masses can go on believing whatever they want. Just dont pass me a plate of garbage

Please, leave the thread and let those of us who want to hear his story alone. All of you "proof Nazis" should just go find something else to do. Please, I want to hear what he has to say so that I can judge for myself the merits of his posts.

Many of the objections shown here are due to "skim readers". He never said he flew in B25s from carriers. He states that he was on carriers for awhile and then was able to "get into the war". I saw no connection to his carrier time with the B25 flights.

Just back off an let the rest of us enjoy this man's posts. Surely you folks can go pile on and gang bang someone else for awhile. You are acting just like a pack of ghetto kids kicking the hell out of someone.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have read this site for a few years but this thread prompted me to register so I can post.

I come from a long military family,though I myself was never in the service. My grandfather was at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. He survived due to the Irish love of the drink. He told me a number of stories when I was a child about that time and his experiences.

What has been done here is a huge disservice and slap in the face to him and all those who really served and fought in that war. To pretend to have served along side those men and women to create a hoax makes a mockery of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

No he just needs to do more research to finish his story. It was a good attempt but the devil is always in the details.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
I am enjoying the ride.

Its like a troll, counter troll match going on.

Enjoying the show people.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ahhh heck, I just want to hear his story. Half of what we know isn't real so what's the difference. The Economy isn't real, the history books are full of misconceptions and plain lies like Columbus discovering America. Even the story of the potato famine in Ireland we learned as kids is a fabrication. I know that world war two had a real reason for being fought because my father and uncles told me so. If they hadn't told me I would even question the reasons for the war. The war did help to unite the people and it did help restore the economy that colapsed because of risky ventures and distorted perception of most of the people. It is easier to change the past than to change the future. School books are rewritten every few years to shape a new future.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsPeculiar
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

And the rest of the deluded masses can go on believing whatever they want. Just dont pass me a plate of garbage

Please, leave the thread and let those of us who want to hear his story alone. All of you "proof Nazis" should just go find something else to do. Please, I want to hear what he has to say so that I can judge for myself the merits of his posts.

Many of the objections shown here are due to "skim readers". He never said he flew in B25s from carriers. He states that he was on carriers for awhile and then was able to "get into the war". I saw no connection to his carrier time with the B25 flights.

Just back off an let the rest of us enjoy this man's posts. Surely you folks can go pile on and gang bang someone else for awhile. You are acting just like a pack of ghetto kids kicking the hell out of someone.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story huh? Enjoy your plate of BS but make sure to brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash. The problem with eating other people's BS is that when you speak your breath has the same odor of BS to it.

But its your life so much away.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by mungodave
I am enjoying the ride.

Its like a troll, counter troll match going on.

Enjoying the show people.

In case you haven't been keeping count, the Trolls are winning.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

The person has spent way too much time trying to convince people he is who he says he is.
The person wrote about having spent the weekend writing this thread and a great deal of time reading other members contributions while the grandchildren failed at attempting to explain how to post pictures but finding off site material about what he is writing about and posting it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I know if I was a dying ninety year old man with the knowledge and experience he says he has(which is lies) I wouldn't waste a minute of what time I have left on this planet trying to convince people who I am and if there was any truth in what he is writing then he would get to the point and reveal what secrets he has to reveal instead of spending the weekend writing a thread to convince people he is who he says he is.

After all, a dying ninety year old man could be dead tomorrow.
edit on 14-2-2012 by ANGELA11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muircertach

No he just needs to do more research to finish his story.

So, you suppose there is no way a 90 year old brain might not remember every last detail of events so long ago? Do you really think that your memory will remain true to the last fact when you are that age?

Just leave him alone. We can judge for ourselves what we think of his story.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh dear – I go away for a nap – and the thread degenerates into utter absurdity

I cannot help but be contemptuous , but the “ I want to believe “ mindset has gone into over drive

I have an urge to reply to many many posts – but whats the point ?

For instance if a person actually believes that an active duty USN sailor could have lived through 1942 in ignorance of the Doolittle raid ?

What is the point ?????

So will leave you with a question :

One that haunts all such threads where an alledged insider comes to ATS to “ tell us poor sheeple what really happened “

Actually – I will leave you with two questions :

1 – why does the “ I want to believe “ crowd fawn at their ` feet ` , why ?

Although I disagree with it , I understand the mentality of “ I don’t believe the govt “ and all related mindsets , but why do you want to believe ` some text ` on a computer monitor ? does no one else grasp the utter irony ??

Who is Alonzo typer ?

The answer is of course , that I don’t know

BUT if I had unfettered access to the DOD files from WWII , state dept files and the company records of McDonald Douglas, Boeing, Lockheed, Hughes

I could track him down in minuites

How ? simple process of elimination

1 – he is still alive – obvious , but statistically significant

2 – he served on a “ Yorktown class carrier “

3 he attended notre dame and USC [ reading engineering ] -

4 worked at McDonald Douglas, Boeing, Lockheed, Hughes ,

5 – has viewed “ the secret disc “ at < cencored >

6 – currently suffering from 2 types of leukemia

7 – trained as a b-25 radio operator

I could apply more filters – but the probability is that only one person could meet all those criteria
Now I can read your minds – you are thinking “ well he could have altered key facts to disguise his identity “

Yes he could – but which ? where does the bodyguard of lies end , and the truth begin ?

The cold truth is that the vast majority of the “ facts “ he told us are fluff – of zero relevance what so ever

Why do we need to know he served on a carrier – nothing else he tells uss is dependant on this “ fact “

Why do we need to know he worked at hugues aircraft ? nothing else he tells us is dependant on that “ fact “

A person who is genuine would only tell you what you NEED to know – not fluff

Because if they are truthfull – everything they say is potentially recognisable to someone who may deduce their real identity

The bottom line is – an alledged “ need “ to conceal ones identity , while simultaneously revealing unique fact after unique fact about their lives – that is irrelevant to any “ secret info “ they are attempting to disseminate , is the hallmark of a walt

Every “ fact “ you reveal for no nessecary reason – be it truth or fabrication is a a trap – set to reveal either your identity or dishonesty

and " alonzo typer " illustrates this concept perfectly

oh and PS - please dont debase yourself by castigating me for writing a guide for walts and hoaxers - however much guidance they might recieve - they allways make fatal mistakes - because they simply dont know "thier " subject matter - and there are ATS members that do

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join