It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Promised, Alonzo Typer Checking In

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I reserve my judgements until he answers the questions that I've laid out. Also, why do you want him to be a fraud so badly. Open your bloody mind man. It's not like he's leading you to the slaughter if he's wrong. Chill out.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kovenov
Response to: AlonzoTyper

There is a very distinct feeling you have when falling at a rapid rate of speed

I'm going to assume you were being colloquial with that blurb. That aside, I'm nodding my head in agreement with the underlying irony of that statement.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Kovenov because: clarification

Yes and for no more than 20 seconds, could that be classified as a "free fall" .....
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

Originally posted by lonegurkha

I was stationed on a “Yorktown” class carrier throughout much of the War. I was assigned as a radio operator on B-25’s and flew on many successful missions.

Mr. Typer, If you were on a Yorktown class carrier most of the war as you state in this quote. How is it that a navy man was assigned as a radio operator in a B-25 which was an Army Air Force plane? As far as I know the only B25's that ever flew off a carrier were the Doolittle raiders. As a student of WWII I would like to request a clarification of how this happened please.

You are correct, I was stationed on a Yorktown class for much of the War, but for the last year or so I did take part in the "Doolittle Raids" as you call it. You are very astute, and it is very humbling to be one who experienced the War, yet was so long ago, it is hard to set about stating every last detail

In my attempt to summarize the details leading up to the more "interesting" stories, I clearly was not detailed enough. I could write a book on the War alone, but in this submission I was trying to get straight to the point. I know many of you are looking for any reason not to believe me, and I understand your skepticism
edit on 13-2-2012 by AlonzoTyper because: (no reason given)

Ok guys here is the baloney. This guy is a fraud his answer to my original question from page one proves it.

You are correct, I was stationed on a Yorktown class for much of the War, but for the last year or so I did take part in the "Doolittle Raids" as you call it.

There it is for all to see. The Doolittle raid, that's raid singular. There was only one and it took place 4 months into the war not at the end as he states. The Doolittle raid was concieved to boost American morale after Pearl Harbor. Army Air Corps B25 medium Bombers where stripped down to make a one way trip and bomb Tokyo. Then they flew on and went down in China when they ran out of fuel. They were launched off of the USS Hornet. Want to learn about this mission. Try reading "30 seconds over Tokyo".

This was one of the most famous missions of the whole war. Everyone alive at the time knew all about it. I call hoax,hoax,hoax. There is no way this guy would not know the truth of this mission if he were alive at the time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Iwinder

I reserve my judgements until he answers the questions that I've laid out. Also, why do you want him to be a fraud so badly. Open your bloody mind man. It's not like he's leading you to the slaughter if he's wrong. Chill out.

Reserve your judgments all you like my friend, I have no desire for this poster to be a fraud, but I am realistic.
My mind is open believe me, check my post history.
What I have read and digested from all posters leads me to conclude this whole business is not what it seems.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

My grandfather was a tail gunner for the 100th Bomb Squadron with the Cap't David Hutchinson crew. He was on his 25th mission, when his plane was shot down over Buchen, Germany. He was killed on the ground by civillians. He left behind his wife and 4 young sons. His story is told also in the book "Last Flight of the Luftwaffe", where he is named and there are pictures of him contained there- the only pictures I have of him.

LINK

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

You do realize that Doolittle was an air commander right? With that in mind would all other raids borne from aircraft carriers after that event not be referred to in the same way? Think about it. There are many combat maneuvers that take the name of their creators. You cannot accept the fact that maybe your source may not be 100% correct, can you?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

I agree with you, for the most part. However, when it comes to your grandfather, I think it would have hurt him if you had asked him about an event like losing all but 2 of your best friends. Think about it. You're better off for not asking him a question like that. That's like saying "Oh, hey grandpa! Let's talk about the worst day of your life again!" Take it from another vet, if he didn't mention it, there's a reason for it: war sucks.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

All disagreements aside, I can respect your position.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Excellent thoughful and time consuming post. I owe you an apology as well.

5 Stars!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Read up on the doolittle raid. I told you which book. This raid was famous anyone alive at the time would know about it. Any one who knows anything about the war would know about it. They would know that it was at the beginning and not at the end. They would know that there was only one. Doolittle didn't fly much after the raid as he was trying to get out of china. Read about it. Don't make assumptions based on nothing.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Have no worries there, sir. Most people on this website have no military experience whatsoever, and fail to realize that the first casualty of war is truth. History books are seldom 100% accurate. I apologize for my lateness, but allow me to give you a proper vet to vet welcome.

Before I get into the insults and ad hominem attacks on me below.
I would like to address the above comment.
You, are baiting, big time.
To say that "most people ...have no military experience whatsoever" is testimony to the fact that you do not know what you are talking about.
That is what is called in polite conversation an "appeal to ignorance" or if you prefer:

Argument from Ignorance, AGAIN!!!

Your "apologies" for lateness is ridiculous. The "vet to vet welcome" is actually silly.
If you are a "vet" than why not acknowledge the REAL Veterans that are responding in Mr. Typer's BS thread?

You sir are a joke, to say the least.

We need more people like you on this website, as many here just parrot what they have heard elsewhere. Very few actually speak from experience. I was also curious, did you have any involvement in the ill-fated XB-70 Valkyrie hypersonic bomber project? If so, what was your reaction to how it turned out. Personally, I think it was a huge waste to just scrap the whole project, but I guess shareholders had to be appeased.

Yeah we need a bunch more people like you on this web site.
I really am tired of listening to this kind of crap.

Also, what are your thoughts on the B-2. I have heard from a few that it was not worth the paper that the designs were printed on, but I would like to hear your opinion. Hope to hear back from you.

What the heck are you talking about???
The B-2 is a USAF Bomber. It works just fine. (Ask the Iraqi's and Afganis).

Jeeeezz, does this # ever stop????
Good night,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

You used the phrase "tantamount to treason" in your post. Obvious theatricals going on here. Great story though. I loved it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

You know what?
Please stop with the BS.
It is really distracting and to be nice, sir, you do NOT know what the heck you are talking about.
Thank you, in advance,
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Good catch. Another is the OP saying he took his username after "certain HP Lovecraft." Quite theatrical

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
seeing as he hasn't responded anymore..i guess it was just a nice tale

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
WHEREIS ALONSO TYPER????

Just asking.
Tom

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham
WHEREIS ALONSO TYPER????

Just asking.
Tom

Well...it took him 3 days to research for the questions in his intro thread.....

edit on 14-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham
WHEREIS ALONSO TYPER????

Just asking.
Tom

HAHAHA his original post in this thread isn't even 24 hours old...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Off topic for sure but is that like a

Where's Waldo

style question ??

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I was going to reply to your introduction but replies were no longer allowed due to the fact that it was all lies.

I read little of what you wrote in this thread because I know there isn't a dying ninety year old man alive on this planet today reading or writing in Above Top Secret.
If you are a dying ninety year old man you would be reading very little because you wouldn't be able to keep your eyes open for more than ten minutes. Television and word games like crosswords and word search is how you would be spending your time.
If you are a dying ninety year old man the only thoughts that would be going through your mind would be dying. Death.
If you are a dying ninety year old man you wouldn't be capable of writing what you wrote and you wouldn't reply to people calling you a liar because you wouldn't waste your time.
It is very clear to me that you have created a story of lies around off site material.
And of course you have your friends replying to your thread giving you the support you need to back up what is lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join