It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3: The map. (Input needed)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Love the idea. However I hope we never have to use this map of yours.

Since you asked for input for a world war, here's my two cents;

I highly doubt India and Brazil will follow the US. Yes, perhaps they have military ties now, but given a SHTF scenario, I expect both these countries to be neutral. They're economies are (for the most part) booming. War would mean slower economic growth, the last thing they want would be to put their countries on a war footing and push they're economies further down the drain.

You can count on Bolivia being red. For as long as Evo Morales (Chavez' good buddy) remains president that is.

I believe Singapore will also be neutral, given that recently, .the foreign minister of that country warned the US against its strategy/rhetoric in Asia against China.
Singapore is a strong ally of the US including military co-operation, but in an SHTF scenario, highly doubt they would pick sides given that they WWII left a bad taste in their mouths. Same with Malaysia, but Malaysia will likely never be on the Western side of a war, it will be hugely unpopular for the rulers there.

UAE will be yellow.
edit on 14-2-2012 by sonik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
update iran/syria,,,,,,,,,,,, too same color as russia,,,
now thats a big chunka,chunka, dirt.

Me.

"When asked if the preparations conducted by Russia are designed for war or a military strike against Iran, Ivashov confidently replied that Russia is ready to use military actions, but none of which will be waged against Iran or Syria. Better yet, those two nations are considered “guaranteed partners of Russia. The only question, therefore, is who [the West and Israel] will try to destroy first as a stable country: Syria or Iran.”

www.wealthwire.com...

"Russia Would Use Military Forces to Defend Syria & Iran"

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here is my input and speculation:

If there is going to be a WW3, it will kick off once counties start weening themselves off of oil dependance and reneg on the money promised to the oil sultans. The countries will lose all of their economic power and ability to feed themselves and will lash out against the reneging countries and attack Israel to draw them into a conflict to try and force them go bankrupt.

The fiat currencies will collapse in kind, and there will be a sweeping measure by the IMF to stabilize currency into a global currency accepted by all backed by whatever means it will take to produce food with the new energy source.

The countries that are not onboard will be considered hostile and forcibly taken over.

A treaty will be established in Israel ending WW3 when a new charismatic leader proposes a solution to end the famine, and distribute sustainable energy across the world. The international community is so eager to end the bloodshed and loss of life they agree to the treaties and stipulations therein. The peace will last for seven years and the world will seem almost Utopian until countries start questioning the leader and decide to start their own pact using their own energy resources. That's when the draconian mesures of the new government kick in and conflict abounds again. Leading to the 4th and final World War.

With all that being said. The Middle East will all be red including Iraq. Israel will be the only yellow country. France, Spain, and Portugal will start off neutral but switch yellow.

edit on 14-2-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Almost all British commonwealth countries will remain neutral or red, except the British Overseas territories and Crown Colonies/Dominions who will be yellow. Most of the non English speaking commonwealth member states (sadly) hate Britain and Europe in general.

Also most of the African states will not support Europe or its allies.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You can paint all of South American in red. Or maybe some of the countries, like Brazil, can be "neutral". But don't expect any country in South America to be "yellow".

Remember that ALL countries in South America recognize the Palestinian State, an all of them voted for the admission of Palestine in UNESCO.

And I believe that, in fact, most of Europe will be "neutral" as well, and not "yellow".

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The idea that the current government of Turkey would side with Israel in a war also sounds absurd to me.

Regardless of being part of NATO, Turkey won't side with Israel in any war. Not with this current government.

Turkey probably to be "neutral", or take the red side.

edit on 14-2-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Very informative. I like reading everybody's input. It's. Very interesting but,..........

If this turns into WWIII, Just sit back and enjoy the show cuz it will last only a few hours!! And that nice map you made with all the different colors will turn all BLACK!!! And will show only the uninhabitable parts of Our planet!!!

This will turn nuclear realy fast!!!

Be safe people

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassandranova
In the event China was in a global war, every country that borders her except Mongolia, Russia, North Korea, and Pakistan would turn yellow.

Vietnam hates China. Laos and Cambodia would fear annexation. Thailand is a western satellite. And Burma would try to stay neutral, but has been shifting westward as well.

India would be yellow because of Pakistan, South Korea and Japan are western allies.

SE Asia south of there remains neutral.

I understand why you have Iraq and Afghanistan yellow, but I think you'll probably have countries (at least in Afghanistan) in full revolt. You wouldn't call Cuba yellow even though Gitmo is there, so maybe you need a new category to reflect what you're saying more accurately.

Great points; will update accordingly. Perhaps Iraq and Afghanistan should be orange then, considering they have the infrastructure on one hand, but the people who actually live there might put up fierce resistance and do that infrastructure a lot of damage? So, unpredictable?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thinking better, I believe there is a great chance this "World War" will have the following configuration:

- In one side, Israel, Saudi Arabia, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and MAYBE Australia and New Zealand

- On the other side, Iran, Russia, China and North Korea.

ALL the other countries in the world will much likely remain NEUTRAL.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by 00nunya00

You genuinely believe Iraq, India and Afghanistan will be with the "Allies"?

Not a chance...

Obviously you didn't even read the first post.

I very clearly said places like Afghanistan are yellow not because they love us, but because we have massive military infrastructure in place there.

FFS, read before you comment.

I did read it but its a highly inaccurate way of looking at it. US soldiers are US soldiers. Any US soldiers, no matter where they are stationed doesn't mean that "holding" country will side with them.

i.e. Austria is usually neutral, but by your logic, if the US placed 20,000 troops there for "training" and a war broke out, your automatically jumping to the conclusion that Austria, who usually remain neutral would side with the allies...

FFS, remove the ones you don't know about...

You know, replies are usually a lot more helpful when you give an explanation why you're asserting something, instead of just making a snarky hit-and-run comment.

I'm open to the argument that despite major military infrastructure, those countries might have the will and people power to overcome the US and make the country "red" so to speak. But you made no such argument. FFS.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by Ixtab
Taiwan should be Yellow as its essentialy a U.S colony of the coast of China. Iraq and Afghanistan are certainly not going to be yellow.

Taiwan won't stand 5 minutes in an all-out war; China is more than poised to take it quickly. Iraq and Afghanistan, for the fourth time, are yellow because there is significant US military infrastructure already in place there.

I thought the US has been withdrawing from Iraq? Not to say some bases dont remain. But Active troop deployment has been cut to nothing no? so who is to say that the Iraqi military or what ever is left there doesnt just take over this left over infrastructure and utilize it themselves...
edit on 14-2-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Great point; changing both those countries to orange!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Wow, great info! Thanks for this!

I'm trying to stay away from a "neutral" color (white simply means I didn't know enough to color it one way or the other, or I just missed it) because most of the countries that want to be "neutral" are in an area where they're bordering a country that's firmly on one side or the other, and I doubt any country in that position will be free from troops, invasion or at least border fighting in an all-out war. Those countries are, at best, unpredictable (orange) because although they may not care one way or the other, they are likely to ally/fall to one side because they're not taking an active side for protection. I just don't think any country in a war-torn area is going to be able to remain neutral very long. So I'm trying to find out which side they'd likely be on or fall to if it came to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Countries that are probably going to remain neutral:

- India

- Japan

- Indonesia

- Brazil

- Chile

- South Africa

The fact is: this is not their war. They have nothing to do with it. They are not willing to take sides in this "game".

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So there's disagreement about the British Commonwealth states. For now, they're mostly yellow, but give me a great reason why some should be orange or red, and I'll change it. Just actually give a good reason, and maybe a link to another thread or something that backs it up! That goes for any of these countries, like I said, I'm open to the debate! Just trying to learn.

ETA: something that strikes me is that if most of the orange countries in the middle east and Asia decide to side with the Eastern powers, yellow starts looking real puny in comparison.

Link to updated map

edit on 14-2-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The thing about all this is. What is this war all about? What are both sides fighting over? China and Russia could attack nations along thier borders but they do not have the ability to project power beyond that and frankly are more likely to attack eacth other. Argenitna, Cuba and Venezuela would simply try to defend their borders because they can not do much more than that. In fact Argentina being in it all makes zero sense since they have gutted thier military to such a point they would all but helpless and Cuba is even worse shape. None of these nations could do anything to help each other so why would they jump into a war?
edit on 14-2-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The British Commonwealth, unlike NATO, is not a military alliance. Military co-operation is not part of the goals of the Commonwealth states. The goals of the commonwealth are very different. Goals. The idea of the commonwealth was to bring together former British colonies with the sense that they all shared the same objectives and ideals (for example a British west-minister parliamentary system). However in recent times, the commonwealth has been struggling to find its purpose as most members do not share the same goals and ideals that they did around 50 years ago. Read this article. I believe most of the commonwealth countries should be placed in orange, except for the British Dominions (Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc.) Remember also that, during world war 2, the current members of the commonwealth were still under British occupation, and had no choice but to defend the British empire. Countries like Singapore were forced to fight for the British but finally got invaded by Japan in a war not of their making.

Also, I believe Sri Lanka should be orange. Although they have previously enjoyed close relations with the west, those relations have deteriorated. On the other hand, China has been developing closer ties with that country building, highways, airports and seaports, worrying the US. Read here. Sri Lanka also buys 93% of its crude oil from Iran, making it the most dependent country on Iranian oil Read here

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Updated map with color key

Wish it would embed.

You have Indonesia uncoloured, yet their province of Irian Jaya shown as partly yellow.
The border with Papua NG runs down the middle of the island.
Switzerland would likely stay neutral, as in WW1 and WW2.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonik

Awesome info, thank you!

Updated map

Looking as accurate as one could be by what we know right now?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So, OP, you are ignoring my posts, and now you paint Brazil AND Peru as "yellow"?

Okay, keep your delusion. You really understand nothing about South American politics.

Keep dreaming that Dilma Rousseff from Brazil and Ollanta Humala from Peru are going to support any American / Israeli attack on Iran. Keep dreaming...

EDIT: now I realized that ECUADOR is also painted on yellow! THAT is delusional! Ahmadinejad just visited Ecuador a few weeks ago!!!

edit on 14-2-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think your options are limited. I see in a SHTF scenario, that China and Russia wouldn't be on the same side. I forsee China and Russia being neutral and attacking SE Asia.

Japan will be yellow by virtue of all the US bases on that island, but I think it really wants to be neutral.

Europe would collapse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join