It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3: The map. (Input needed)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have no illusions about China and Russia pursuing their own self-interests. But frankly, I think they benefit more from the United States getting itself strung out even further in more wars. My own belief a War with Iran will be an amplified version of Afghanistan, especially if ground troops are committed. You can beat their army, their navy, but you can't hold the land.

And while the Americans are bogged down in Iran, what will happen is China and Russia will arm those nations, those insurgents, and the radicals will get stronger.

I am not someone who believes a civilizational clash is unavoidable, but I think a war like this, if it drags on, would make it much more probable. And if you got to the point where the entire Islamic world was in revolt, I do fear and do believe it would go nuclear and you'd see the destruction of that entire area.

Israel will do it, be destroyed in retaliation, and the great war will end with no victors, many losers, and a lot of questions. But it would probably break the back of Islam if every city from Cairo east to Karachi was turned to glass.

The reason I think that outcome becomes probable if this war expands is because if you have angry radicalized guerillas with the real potential to form a state of their own, having been provoked by numerous imperial actions by the west, you have to figure they will be seeking their vengeance and it becomes a matter of who strikes first.

The west is provoking this, no doubt, and they are the aggressor. A peaceful outcome is still possible. But they seem pretty well determined to close that door shut.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I think this map in its entirety is incorrect and it would be more suitable to paint it entirely orange.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

You genuinely believe Iraq, India and Afghanistan will be with the "Allies"?

Not a chance...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

The OP explains that.

This indicates that the colored country is either a willing ally, or has the sufficient infrastructure of or proximity to a nation on that "side" for it to be considered on one side or the other of the "war front" in that area (for instance, Afghanistan being under yellow control not because of their love for Americans, but because of the American military infrastructure there). Orange states are the ones who have multiple alliances and/or aren't very predictable (to my knowled

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia defo yellow.Egypt...stay orange, they are really unpredictable (they hate both Iran and Israel).

BUT, IF this World War will be so big as the map shows, with involvment of ALL nuclear countries...

You should make this map coloured ALL in grey and add a BIG sign "NO HUMAN LEFT ON THIS ROCK".

Its gonna be nuclear war and total destruction of life.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Not a chance...

Obviously you didn't even read the first post.

I very clearly said places like Afghanistan are yellow not because they love us, but because we have massive military infrastructure in place there.

FFS, read before you comment.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by cassandranova

Duduman 'saw' differently.

www.handofhelp.com...

And, China and Russia have BOTH said an attack on Iran = an attack on each of them.

AND, the NWO oligarchy WANT

China and Russia to shred the USA down to ashes.

Makes setting up their tyrannical Marxist satanic global government all the easier.

And this is precisely why I started the map----because China and Russia are all "we're taking Syria personally" and it's helpful to know which other countries they're allied with, or not, in the area and around the world.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Taiwan should be Yellow as its essentialy a U.S colony of the coast of China. Iraq and Afghanistan are certainly not going to be yellow.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
So are we all agreed that Turkey should be orange or red?

Saudi Arabia should be yellow?

Egypt should stay orange?

Are Myanmar and Thailand orange, or pretty likely to fall to red forces quickly?

And everything between Poland and Russia should be orange?

ETA: what about Morocco?
edit on 14-2-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Taiwan should be Yellow as its essentialy a U.S colony of the coast of China. Iraq and Afghanistan are certainly not going to be yellow.

Taiwan won't stand 5 minutes in an all-out war; China is more than poised to take it quickly. Iraq and Afghanistan, for the fourth time, are yellow because there is significant US military infrastructure already in place there.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In the event China was in a global war, every country that borders her except Mongolia, Russia, North Korea, and Pakistan would turn yellow.

Vietnam hates China. Laos and Cambodia would fear annexation. Thailand is a western satellite. And Burma would try to stay neutral, but has been shifting westward as well.

India would be yellow because of Pakistan, South Korea and Japan are western allies.

SE Asia south of there remains neutral.

I understand why you have Iraq and Afghanistan yellow, but I think you'll probably have countries (at least in Afghanistan) in full revolt. You wouldn't call Cuba yellow even though Gitmo is there, so maybe you need a new category to reflect what you're saying more accurately.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Better be careful...you might attract unwanted attention from the government.

Also, I doubt any of us have enough knowledge to accurately predict the set-up of WW3 (assuming it will happen).

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There'll always be surprises in the end, but I've wargamed this a few times, as best as I can (admitting I could be totally wrong) and here's what I imagine.

Russia: I can't see any scenario where Russia commits to a hot war with the west because it disturbs their trading relations with Europe too much, and they have too many domestic issues.

China: I can see China using the opportunity of a major war to consolidate holdings in its own neighborhood, but it lacks the force projection capacity to fight a global war unless it wants to fight a war of mutual annihiliation with the U.S. They will be sympathetic to the Islamic states in a pragmatic way, and may use this war to launch a region war or two (in either Korea or Taiwan or both), but won't go directly against the west.

In the end, I think the overwhelming military might of the west and the cooperation of the gulf states would lead to a western victory on paper, though the cost of defeating the regimes and their infrastructure will leave them in worse shape, and they won't be able to hold anything they take. It's why I think this is a conventional war that could get nuclear in the end

I think most people agree the west can win a head-to-head military battle, and most people also agree any occupation is doomed to fail, given the inherent radicalization caused by such a conflict. Unless the west wants to leave a hornet's nest behind, this war will have to be the first war since WWII where civilians become primary targets, on both sides. The Islamic countries will have to use asymmetric methods to attack the US proper, and in angered response, the west (probably through Israel) will consider mass genocide to bring an end to the war.

It's a dismal prediction, I know, but this is one of those wars that really shouldn't be fought because no one gains, no one wins, and the price it will require is insane.

That said, some countries will benefit:

Russia: Russia will be able to further reclaim it's old soviet holdings.

China: Look for China to come to an understanding with not only Taiwan, but also Korea, united under a southern government much more friendly to their bigger neighbor in the absence of American presence.

Turkey: As a prize for staying with the west, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Syria appended to Turkey, and perhaps Lebanon also.

As for the United States, I think it will come out with a whole lot of casualities and a nominal victory, but having seen Iraq and Afghanistan collapse, oil prices skyrocket, and lots of soldiers die for no apparent gains, a new period of withdrawal begins as a multipolar world emerges.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Not a chance...

Obviously you didn't even read the first post.

I very clearly said places like Afghanistan are yellow not because they love us, but because we have massive military infrastructure in place there.

FFS, read before you comment.

I did read it but its a highly inaccurate way of looking at it. US soldiers are US soldiers. Any US soldiers, no matter where they are stationed doesn't mean that "holding" country will side with them.

i.e. Austria is usually neutral, but by your logic, if the US placed 20,000 troops there for "training" and a war broke out, your automatically jumping to the conclusion that Austria, who usually remain neutral would side with the allies...

FFS, remove the ones you don't know about...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
I think orange is underrepresented. At least half of the yellow countries will be unpredictable. Half of those are waiting for America to fall as it is.

Can you point out which ones and your reason(s) why they're unpredictable? I'm open to all suggestions!

Because most of those countries, even belonging to NATO, if they have intelligent leaders, can declare themselves NEUTRAL and just watch the fireworks. I know I would. I have nothing to do with this conflict nor has my country, so we'll prolly stay out - again
(yes we did it also in ww2)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Zimbabwe is red. Very red.
edit on 14-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab

Taiwan won't stand 5 minutes in an all-out war; China is more than poised to take it quickly. Iraq and Afghanistan, for the fourth time, are yellow because there is significant US military infrastructure already in place there.

I thought the US has been withdrawing from Iraq? Not to say some bases dont remain. But Active troop deployment has been cut to nothing no? so who is to say that the Iraqi military or what ever is left there doesnt just take over this left over infrastructure and utilize it themselves...
edit on 14-2-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
OP

You have failed to highlight the British commonwealth nations yellow which can & do serve in the British Army

The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 countries that support each other and work together towards shared goals in democracy and development.

There is a MOD exhibition entitled 'We Were There'. It shows shows how men and women from Africa, Asia, the West Indies and other Commonwealth countries fought and served alongside British forces from 1750 through to modern times

A list of a few

Nepal - Gurkhas
South Africa
Fiji
Cameroon
Jamaica
Ghana

There is no shortage in support or recruits in the British commonwealth so i think its safe to highlight those 54 countries in yellow as they was also highlighted as such during the second world war,

Here is a map you can use to help you
upload.wikimedia.org...

Some current affairs regarding Commonwealth enlistments

Figures obtained from ministers by the Liberal Democrat defence spokesman, Nick Harvey, show the proportion of Commonwealth soldiers in the army has risen from 0.4% 10 years ago to 6.7% last year. By 2012 at the latest, the proportion recruited from the Commonwealth will be 10% if present trends continue. This is the point at which some defence chiefs say the number of non-British soldiers may have to be capped.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also why is Taiwan in red? i thought it was more then obvious they're a firm ally of the US/West and hate the Chinese who are trying to enrol the into its empire after all it is the retirement home of the opposition in chinas civil war, most certainly requires a yellowing over the red

Georgia -Yellow
Uzbekistan - neutral
Turkmenistan - neutral
Tajikistan - neutral
Kyrgyzstan - neutral
Kazakhstan - neutral

These are all highlighted in red, they would never in a million years fight for/with Russia they're ex soviet and have quite a hatred towards Russia, especially Georgia with the recent invasion of Russia, Kazakhstan is home to Russia's space fleet/launch sight with its location being perfect, but i don't think we can simply include them in the fight simply because of that Kazakhstan's have just as good relations with the west as they do with Russia, i have no doubt they'll remain neutral

en.wikipedia.org...

Corsica, Sardinia & Scilly, all Italian & French Islands in the Mediterranean and very much part of the EU so certainly they should be in the.. Yellow also same for Cyprus, Greek & small part Turkish Island and very much part of the EU,

I'm not sure why Mongolia is in the red also, Mongolia is not even worth considering it would most definitely remain neutral/white while it does not have anything to offer militarily

Eastern Euro block, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Belarus, can't see them remaining natural like the map suggests there part of the EU, and have been in countless arguments with Russia namely over the US missile shield, and also the gas pipeline & debt for gas supplied by Russia, certainly firmly in the yellow

Belize - Yellow

Id also Un-yellow Papua New Guinea, i think they'd remain neutral as like Mongolia they have nothing to bring to the fight

And lastly if were to include country's such as Cambodia Vietnam & Argentina we could also include the yellowing over of there next door neighbours Chile who have good relations with the west, and quite the hatred for Argentina,

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join