It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official ATS Lost/Forgotten/Unapprecited Thread... Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

I've discovered that my threads are not showing up in the firehoses. Is this happening to other members too? It's kind of discouraging me from making further threads.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

This is a great idea and though I do not really start that many threads I do have some posts that fall into that category unfortunately. You decide you are going to learn about a topic, know what makes it tic, really research and understand it. And then when you finally know of what you speak, you attempt to inform folks of how it really is only to be poo-poo-ed by a Hannity, Beck or a Alex Jones fan who has heard only what their hero has said in a five minute YouTube video.

I had the same feeling when I had a website in Memphis area. I wrote and wrote and nothing. I finally realized that I would do better there if I published on the back of 24 oz. cans of beer. And the cheaper the beer, the wider the audience. I moved.

S+F OP
edit on 14-2-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, okay here is one I thought should have got more attention, though I've often felt the more stars I get, the less I am educating others.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you get a lot of stars it seems like you are stating a popular viewpoint. I have learned that popular viewpoints are generally manufactured for you, but that is just my take on it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Excellent point!! S&F
Here is one of the first threads i authored. I put a significant amount of effort into organizing and consolidating my thoughts into a relatively concise and easy to follow format. However, the first response was from a guy who obviously read the first line or two, prematurely assumed the point i was chasing, and posted a 'debunk' reply of sorts. Therefore, most who saw the thread afterward, read the first two lines, skipped down to the first response, then followed this thread. I'd been hijacked! imo.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Nice idea S&F!

I've definitely come up with a number of crap threads, but the following three (especially the first one) I put heaps of effort into and 2 applauses but they all just died. I'm really here for the stars or flags (and I do feel a little greedy even sticking these up here), more for discussion with like minded people, and I do think the concepts are something that everyone could get something out of.....

These are all my threads but I've seen dozens of excellent ones by many others which have fallen by the wayside. Unfortunately scanning through 700+ posts to find them is a bit much when I gotta wake up in 51/2 hours, but if I get time I'll see what I can do

----------------------------------

This baby I poured my entire belief system about the universe and why it is the way it is and then turned into (IMHO) a rather entertaining short story and I definitely think it was underappreciated simply cos it was posted in the short story forum.....

The Alpha and Omega

This one I reckon anyone with a slight metaphysical slant could get something out of. The name speaks for itself.

The Recognition of Beauty and a Higher Self-Awareness

This one is about how ideas could maybe take on a life of there own. A bit weird even for me but it got hijacked early on by someone with mental issues, never recovered and in the end only got one decent reply, despite spending a couple of hours work on it.

Living Ideas: Memes, Thoughtforms and Dreams as Conscious Entities

----------------------------------

Now just to sound like a complete hypocrite regarding that stars and flags comment, this thread only needs 1 more flag to reach triple figures and it would so make my day if somone would oblige. For some reason it seems to bug me but I don't want to post something innane just to bump it.

It is quite a good read though (another short story) and brings up a few issues regarding discrimination against men who are fathers.

Sorry babe, but you do have a penis

edit on 15/2/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
U.S. Dietary Guidelines: The History; The Science; The Failure

I spent quite some time on this thread and it got no attention. I have a few like it...

A Salty Controversy

This thread divulges just how stupid and careless dietary sodium recommendations are.

Dieting and Exercise Aren't Effective Fat Loss Tools

Fat Ascertainment: Why Saturated Fat Doesn't Cause Heart Disease

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

That's one of my favorite threads.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
And here's my lost forgotten thread that I thought was pure gold. Lol from 2009.

ATS link

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've had allot of threads go unnoticed that i thought were good..I'm not the best at doing threads but ATS likes threads that haven't been seen before on here instead of the same old thing being done over and over its like kicking an old dog..
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Footage of a UFO in a hangar..
looks REAL, its not CGI thats for sure..
dont get enough attention

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I have a couple to post here...if you don't mind.

The Man-Made God

The Power of Harmonics

Both are very important in realizing the nature of our world and where we're going wrong.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
Footage of a UFO in a hangar..
looks REAL, its not CGI thats for sure..
dont get enough attention

Hoax. Declared and proven.

Get outta here.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Ooo I love harmonics but do not know much about them, I will definitely be checking that one out pretty soon. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

This was a thread which really impressed me. Entitled "Why I am Moral (By an Atheist), it was started by NeverForget and stars the famous Akragon and Bogomil (alas, no longer with us).

The question "How do we know what is good?" is a vital one, and those two drew a lot closer to an answer than I have seen in a long while.

It's only three pages, please take a look.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have another new threads, it's only got a couple of flags so far. A little disappointing, considering all of the work I put into it.

The Balance of Power

It examines everything about the riddles of religion and their connection to the real world and its nature, including physics, metaphysics, emotion and thought.

No, it isn't sycophantic Christian bs, it's an entirely new take on the whole thing. I think you may find it an interesting read.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'll add this one to the list...

Oh ya...and this one....

Both of which went seemingly nowhere!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>