It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Vatican trying to fulfill the St. Malachy Prophecy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

It seems crazy to me. I would think that the Vatican would not want to feed the theories and speculation with the timing, unless it can't be helped because they are not theories?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well, if the next Pope turns out to be named Peter then I'm calling "self-fulfilling" on this one.

One wonders why they would knowingly fulfill the prophecy that's supposed to be the start of the end of the world, unless of course that's what they wanted all along.
edit on 11-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Wolf321

Well, if the next Pope turns out to be named Peter then I'm calling "self-fulfilling" on this one.

One wonders why they would knowingly fulfill the prophecy that's supposed to be the start of the end of the world, unless of course that's what they wanted all along.
edit on 11-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

That is what they want all along. To them, the faster the prophecy is fulfilled, the sooner the anti-Christ shows up, does his thang, and sets the stage fro the actual 2nd coming of Jesus to fix everything.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
an interesting possibility. i was musing about similar things earlier today after hearing of the resignation. stranger things have happened.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think the pope/vatican is pretty meaningless. It's like Justin Bieber or Paris Hilton but really not important.

The vatican has become old, basicly absolute, getting the same old tired messages out.

What did this pope do what was important or had a big infuence on things? The next pope will be allot in the news for sure but besides that, not much else.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I think the antichrist came a long time ago, in the form of Paul. The second coming of Jesus has already happened too, with his resurrection. That's how I see it at least.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
As this has come to be so will the next pope, and i am saying he will come from the US www.irishcentral.com... from this link we get a clue

In 1139, then Archbishop Malachy went to Rome from Ireland to give an account of his affairs. While there he received a strange vision about the future that included the name of every pope, 112 in all from his time, who would rule until the end of time. We are now at the second last prophecy.

His predictions are taken very seriously. As one report states: " In 1958, before the Conclave that would elect Pope John XXIII, Cardinal Spellman of New York hired a boat, filled it with sheep and sailed up and down the Tiber River, to show that he was "pastor et nautor," the motto attributed to the next Pope in the prophecies."

As for the prophecy concerning the 111th pope, Pope Benedict, the prophecy says of him, "Gloria Olivae," which means "the glory of the Olive."

Read more: www.irishcentral.com...
Follow us: @IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook
then in this link
www.irishcentral.com... from the link

Could New York Cardinal Timothy Patrick Dolan be the next pope? He is definitely a legitimate contender, the first American one ever, according to Vatican insiders.

Read more: www.irishcentral.com...
Follow us: @IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook
let see if my Crystal ball is clear, and not foggy

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
The topic of a potential mutiny in the Vatican has already come up on ATS.

In a Yahoo article discussing the matter, it brings up enough information to suggest that sources within the Vatican may be trying to fulfill the Prophecy of St. Malachy.

It mentions the reports of assassination plans against Pope Benedict and the desire to make the next Pope be an Italian.

ITALIAN POPE?

Last week, an Italian newspaper that has published some of the leaks ran a bizarre internal Vatican memo that involved one cardinal complaining about another cardinal who spoke about a possible assassination attempt against the pope within 12 months and openly speculated on who the next pope should be.

Bertone's detractors say he has packed the Curia with Italian friends. Some see an attempt to influence the election of the next pope and increase the chances that the papacy returns to Italy after two successive non-Italian popes who have broken what had been an Italian monopoly for over 450 years.

If 2012 is when it all ends, or at least the beginning of the end, and assuming that the prophecy is true, things could be unfolding in the Vatican very quickly. Perhaps these event coming to light will force inside conspirators to rush their plans into action.

If it happens, it makes one wonder. Do events unfold because they are predicted? Or, are the events that may unfold simply destiny?
Hi,
I like to formulate mathematical equations while dealing with the hard questions/problems...

Going in reverse helps alot; the prophesies originate from? A Saint of the same church which is prophesied to;

Saint Malachy's final words were: "Rome, the seat of the Vatican, will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people."

If Rome/Vatican is such a holy place, why destroy it? And why refer to the people's judge as being dreadful?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
here is the Malachy's Prophecies - The Last 10 Popes
Known to Catholics as St. Malachy (1094-1148) www.bibleprobe.com... and to whom will be the last pope, from the link

10. PETER THE ROMAN - The 112th prophesy states: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End." The last pope may just cut Catholics loose from unity and the papacy, causing total disruption and confusion. See Saint Francis of Assissi's 13th century prophecy below. It is believed the next pope will

Will "The Glory of the Olive" be the last Pope?

The problem with the prophecies as listed in The Prophecies of St. Malachy, published by the Thomas A. Nelson, a Catholic Publishing House, is that Malachy's original works listed only 111 Popes, not 112, as given in the TAN version of the prophecies. Sometime between the first and subsequent printings the 112th, Petrus Romanus, was added to Malachy's prophecy. It was added after the 1820 publication of the prophecies.
it seems that the prophesy is false attributed to St Malachy.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Very interesting!

Seems to me that the church is making its own prophecies intending all along to self-fulfill them.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

For my part I put the 'prophecy of the popes' predictions just below the 12/21/2012 predictions in credibility.

I'm not losing a whole lot of sleep over it. .

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think the church really painted themselves into a corner with this one. What are they going to do, un-saint St. Malachy if his prophecy doesn't happen? That will seriously call into question their "power" to saint individuals, which could cause massive loss of faith.

So ya... I wouldn't be surprised if certain groups within the vatican have been planning this for a long time. They may even believe it to be the "will of god".

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Of course, they would want to squash all mysticism that isn't part of their religion - but this prophecy was made by a Catholic Bishop. Because it's a Catholic prophecy - I'm sure they'll be enthusiastic about making it occur as predicted because it reinforces their authority.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The Vatican tries hard to fulfill not only St Mmalachi but also the official fatima-3 counterfeit text, as well as probably Garabandal.

After 60 hours with the resignation entering into full force (it is already pronounced though) the planet earth will remain without any "infallible" person, in theory. The last dogma is in full contradiction with the Apostolic principles of the other Churches who have real apostolic succession (incl from Peter ,Antioch) and valid sacraments. The dogma accepted on Vatican 1 is the biggest single stumble block before any idea of unification. Likewise the Jerusalem patriarch could theoretically create a dogma that he is the sole infallible person and speaker of Jesus Christ, but he does not so because knows it is a heresy and won't be accepted by his brothers patriarchs.

In other words, the technical absence of a person bearer of infallibility during the Interregnum, gives the unique opportunity for dialogue and common ground with the other Apostolic churches. Perhas the interregnum could be prolonged as long as possible. Perhaps in doing so the cardinals and bishops of the catholic church will avoid or at least postpone the terrible judgment on Rome described well in Malachi, in a dozen of saints canonized by the same catholic church, and may even postpone the apocalypse if it is envisioned in Malachi (Terrible judge - Jesus Christ). Or they may go down the road of destruction and demise in history as the church that lost the grace by many horrible acts in history, and by acting worst than all in modern times. I don't want again to mention the immorality and the irresponsibility of hi clergy. Much worse is their attack on the civil sciety liberties and media, as well as anyone from their ranks who speaks otherwise. Shame! I will not conclude with the conclusion that Rome is Babylon the Great, perhaps there is still a minuscule possibiity no pope to be elected, erroneous teachings and practices to be reverted, and dialogue with the rest of humanity and especially the rest of apostolic churches to be found. Petrus Romanus may come after 200, 300 years! Or...Rome will fall now as predicted. "Go out of her my people" we read in the Revelation abotu Babylon citting on 7 hills and clothed in purple and scarlet (bishops and cardinas' colors). Not the colors but the deeds is what matters of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join