It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings ATS universe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Just a little info my myself, I'm a 25 year old girl from NYC, and I've been a long time lurker on the site. As you can tell from my name, I'm always in pursuit of the sublime and the truth. I'm tired of talking about topics that some people consider "crazy" or "conspiracy theories," and having them call names and judge. That is why I decided to finally join. Other than that, I'm just an ordinary girl going through life's up and downs with a sense of humor. I'm open to what life sends my way, and embracing the universe.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pursuitofthesublime9

hello welcome!

I'm open to what life sends my way, and embracing the universe.

Oh yea ! what if it throws you 3 comets headed towards earth ! Which way will you run! mwahaha embrace that !

boxing kitty?

edit on 13-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Oh yea ! what if it throws you 3 comets headed towards earth ! Which way will you run! mwahaha embrace that !

Hopefully we have time to send Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck into space, drill a hole into the comet, drop a bomb into the comet and blow it up into smithereens, thus saving planet Earth.

Otherwise, I'd prepare myself to transition into another level of consciousness and enter the void

Cute boxing kitteh!! But dogs are better

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pursuitofthesublime9
Hey guys,

Just a little info my myself, I'm a 25 year old girl from NYC, and I've been a long time lurker on the site. As you can tell from my name, I'm always in pursuit of the sublime and the truth. I'm tired of talking about topics that some people consider "crazy" or "conspiracy theories," and having them call names and judge. That is why I decided to finally join. Other than that, I'm just an ordinary girl going through life's up and downs with a sense of humor. I'm open to what life sends my way, and embracing the universe.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein

welcome friend

anyone quoting einstien gets my attension

feel free to feel free
lol
gave you a flag to get you started

xploder
edit on 13-2-2012 by XPLodER because: spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thank you!

Is there anywhere I can read up on the flag system and stuff? Still confused about that.

Thanks,
this newb

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Enjoy the stay

& Happy Huntin'

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Here's a little welcome note I read in another introduction thread that I think is worthy of passing on. It's really just a little insight as to what you should expect from your experience here. For me at least, it seems to be quite accurate.

Stand for what you believe in, and you shouldn't have TOO many problems...

Just remember this: For every person who agrees with you, someone else will try to rip you down. This site will test your resolve until you're weak at the proverbial knees.

Enjoy your stay!

link   
Glad you joined, come on in.
Hope you find many kindred spirits here

link   

Originally posted by Pursuitofthesublime9
reply to post by XPLodER

Thank you!

Is there anywhere I can read up on the flag system and stuff? Still confused about that.

Thanks,
this newb

A mod may come by & drop a line..

But if not, then I think that this is the thread where you can learn a bit more about ATS:

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

at the top of each page is a thread flag button,
you give them to threads with effort and when interested in a topic,
stars on the other hand are in the top left of each reply in the thread,
when some one in a thread likes your reply or ideas,
a star is "clicked" and the more stars the more people liked you post in that thread

W is for wats or something and is a combination of flags stars and karma,
i cant help on karma because im not sure how its calculated

this thread as an intro thread doesnt have stars as an opition,
but in others you will see them

xploder

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Stand for what you believe in, and you shouldn't have TOO many problems...

Just remember this: For every person who agrees with you, someone else will try to rip you down. This site will test your resolve until you're weak at the proverbial knees.

I totally agree with this, and I also expect it. Since I've been lurking for a couple of years now, I've seen how some debates end up. However, that's the thing that I like about this site.. debating is encouraged, and if someone has no manners or disrespectful, they're called out. Thanks for the advice

To everyone else, thanks for the welcome and info!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

a mod will be along shortly to give you all the links youll need to get started,
after twenty posts you can post threads also,
i look fwd to seeing ya around

xp

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Welcome Pursuitofthesublime9

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure to act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

top topics

join