It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moody's Downgrades Italy, Spain, Portugal And Others; Puts UK, France On Outlook Negative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Moody's Downgrades Italy, Spain, Portugal And Others; Puts UK, France On Outlook Negative

Moody's adjusts ratings of 9 European sovereigns to capture downside risks

As anticipated in November 2011, Moody's Investors Service has today adjusted the sovereign debt ratings of selected EU countries in order to reflect their susceptibility to the growing financial and macroeconomic risks emanating from the euro area crisis and how these risks exacerbate the affected countries' own specific challenges.

Moody's actions can be summarised as follows:

- Austria: outlook on Aaa rating changed to negative

- France: outlook on Aaa rating changed to negative

- Italy: downgraded to A3 from A2, negative outlook

- Malta: downgraded to A3 from A2, negative outlook

- Portugal: downgraded to Ba3 from Ba2, negative outlook

- Slovakia: downgraded to A2 from A1, negative outlook

- Slovenia: downgraded to A2 from A1, negative outlook

- Spain: downgraded to A3 from A1, negative outlook

- United Kingdom: outlook on Aaa rating changed to negative

Push anybody?

Follow the link for more detail...
edit on 13-2-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
how about italy, spain, portugal and all, start putting moody executive's in prison for corruption and manipulating the economy in favor of corporations who use their services.

a bunch of suits shouldn't hold so much power.

the economy of world powers shouldn't be based on the opinions of a bunch of corporate imbeciles.

but that is all a credit rating is, an opinion.

edit on 13-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

No Greece?
Odd..

still interesting to see if they markets react tonight.

Asia is down but not by much.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how about italy, spain, portugal and all, start putting moody executive's in prison for corruption and manipulating the economy in favor of corporations who use their services.

The large, well-equipped line of riot police between us and them?

edit on 13/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA Still, I reckon if you stare at the flag in the OP it might look like a ring of fire. Subliminal programming?
edit on 13/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You know there is a reason why Europe just came crawling with an advance handout looking for US assistance: Moody's just went ape# on Europe. In other news, we wouldn't want to be the company that insured Moody's Milan offices.

Now lets see the citizens of those nations voicing their opinion, oh wait, yes lets all voice our opinions waving white flags and watching Big Brother...yeah that would get the message across the to suites and government.

NOT
edit on 13-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I would rather say as the largely well equipped police between them and the pussy citizens who would rather eat # and die before they actually thought about voicing their opinion about something.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

I would rather say as the largely well equipped police between them and the pussy citizens who would rather eat # and die before they actually thought about voicing their opinion about something.

u mad bro?

lol I had too.

I am right there with you tho the only reason we have come this far into a police state world wide, is the inaction of the good and it needs to stop.

the majority of people in this world are good and sadly this means most of these good people are also quiet when it comes to a fight. now is NOT the time to be passive TPTB are clearly getting aggressive and so should the people I support those protesting in Greece I hope it catches on worldwide,
judging by last years protests the protesting will spread, and the police will escalate it into more violence under the orders of those who sign their tax payer funded checks.
edit on 2/13/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

a bunch of suits shouldn't hold so much power.

the economy of world powers shouldn't be based on the opinions of a bunch of corporate imbeciles.

but that is all a credit rating is, an opinion.

Exactly right. Who the f**k do these people think they are? When I think of what these idiots sayso can do to whole countries I get extremely angry.

If people want to go and carry out violent protests, then go to the offices of these non entities and burn them to the ground.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

You don't need millions of pussies in the streets, only thousands with BALLS to fight the police.You think Revolutions are made with millions? Nope, its made with MILLIONS that APROVE what VIOLENT THOUSAND are doing.

What the riot police can do to defend, lets say 10 gov buidings, 20 banks, 2 McDonalds, 1 Starbuck, the homes of the "elected"? You need an ARMY to defend all of those.Multiply the above with 20 cities in a country and the police can't do SHI.T about it.There are NOT enough cops willing to defend the rulers if it comes to violence.

Look at London last year, or Athens, 3 days ago.The greek riot police managed to defend ONE building : the Parliament.46 buidings, among them 2 police stations, banks, starbucks, cinemas, small shops were BURNED down.Yes, the riot police can defend, but in small scale.

Just wait and see how will this spring will look in some EU countries : Greece, Romania, Portugal, Italy, Spain.
Then we will see if you were right or i was.

Most of us are pussies...but enough of us have cojones to do the same job that the pussies want, they just can't do it properly.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Recollector because: *

edit on 14-2-2012 by Recollector because: *

new topics

top topics

join