It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxpayers fleeced in bailout of Senate barbershop ‘institution’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just when you thought you've heard enough !

The Senate barbershop has run a deficit of $300,000 last year.
(They must actually listen to the customers)

Apparently, The U.S. Senate has bailed them out to keep them in business.

It sounds like the employees there are federal employees, not private.

America’s most distinguished leaders get their hair cut at the Senate barbershop, but taxpayers are the ones really getting clipped.

The barbershop ran almost $300,000 in the red last year but received an infusion from Senate coffers that is keeping it in business, the Senate sergeant at arms, Terrance Gainer, told The Daily.

A federal bailout isn’t that unusual since the economic downturn, but some senators didn’t even know their salon was in hot water — and don’t think it should be, considering what they pay for a little off the ears.....

Former Sen. Peter Fitzgerald, R-Ill., blames the money woes on the stylists, who are federal employees. He contends they’re overpaid compared to their private-sector counterparts.

“They are using union labor, and so their benefits and wages are higher than those of many jobs,” Fitzgerald said.

Haircut with a Bowl on your Head

Well, at least it saved some jobs !!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
S & F Good Find, I was just reading about this, I think it's B. S. to bail -out the local Barber Shop with our monies.

Did you get this part?

Capitol’s four barbers and stylists made $22,000 to $30,000 last year with no benefits, manager Lynn Dang said. At the Senate barbershop, formally called Senate Hair Care Services, the top four barbers and stylists made more than twice that — $54,761; $70,349; $73,658; and $81,641 — plus they have a generous 401(k) plan, health care and paid vacation. In all, the government contributed $230,000 in benefits for the barbershop, said Eve Goldsher, a spokeswoman for the Senate Appropriations Committee.

AH,,, Excuse Me
,,,,,,, I could use a bail out, My barber shop closed and gas prices are climbing

This is Great, wait till you read this,,,,,

Regardless of where they stand on lending the barbershop a financial hand, senators agree the barbershop is first rate.

I don't like the idea that we keep paying them taxes for their whims,,,, A Hair Cut,,, This Is Insane

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have the answer. Settle down everyone. Most of Congress is losing hair, but for those who aren't, the 80s had the solution all along.

The up and down bouncing motion works best...................right, Newt?

edit on 14-2-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

new topics

join