Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

10 Rules For Dealing With The Police... The RIGHT Way!

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There has been tons of threads here on ATS and everywhere else on the web, concerning the police, and your rights. Between the media, and people now recording the actions of the police, there has been a new era of fear amongst the police, and the civilians they are supposed to protect.

If people know how to deal with a police encounter, there may be less of a problem with people being wrongfully accused, tazed, and even murdered.

Please watch the following videos that explain in detail how to treat an officer, how to assert your rights, how to get home safely, and how to understand that police work is dangerous for them too!

The following videos have a "reenactment" scene for each scenario. In order to understand I advise you to at least watch the first 2, and then the rest if you choose.

Each persons right is to remain silence, safe, and smart!!

Here you can watch 1-4
10 Rules for Dealing with Police

Peace, NRE.

BTW, I am sure that there are many of you out there that may disagree with some of what will be said, especially those that have had multiple bad encounters, but this can change drastically if a bit of initiative is taken in the right way. Of course not all of the advice given here will work on every officer, but knowing that you have done your part, can also help if proceedings go further.

Many encounters with hostile officers, if you did your part, will most likely have other complaints, and if you reacted within the law to protect yourself, there is a better chance of you receiving proper treatment in the end.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is a good example as well IMHO. Above all being calm, respectful and rational goes a long way.Regardless if you fully know your rights or how to apply them.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

it would have been nice for you to write down or give a quick synopsis of what the 10 rules are...for those of us who cant access videos..

this sounded really interesting, but now i dont know what the hell you were talking about because this computer doesn't access youtube videos..

*sigh*another possible way of sharing information lost, due to lazyness from the OP part

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i can't watch the video now, but I know from experience that there is a way to act to put the officer at ease, and a lot of times you won;t even get a ticket.

When you see the flashing lights, immediately signal and pull over. I always shut off the vehicle and put my hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel and don;t move a muscle till the officer comes to the _ Then just be polite and follow their instructions to the letter.

If you put the officer at ease, things will go much better for you.

I have been pulled over at least 50 times, and have only received one ticket for speeding.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes sir....

No sir.....

I appologize.....

That is all that is needed......

It took me a decade and a half to realize that................

I did'nt even watch the vid.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Though I was busy searching for a description of the vid, while not breaking the T&C (mind you ladies and gentleman some people need to see this, as there is an easier way by being polite, as some people still need to be shown), anyways, here is the makers of the vids FAQ's that go into detail about the videos, and much more.

Frequently Asked Questions
flexyourrights.org...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The most important thing to remember is that the cops can legally lie to you to manipulate you into giving them consent to be governed.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thanks for useful information on a timely topic. I think that Police brutality has reached epidemic proportions in this Nation and tips for staying alive in the face of a stressful and extremely dangerous situations are always welcome.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Always remember cops are people too, even though they are doing a job doesn't mean that sometimes they don't have a bad day. They are knee deep in stuff we only see on tv. Murders, rapes, child abuse, no matter who you are seeing that every day can make you a little angry at society. Sometimes all they need is a little politeness and common courtesy to remember not all people are the same.

I've worked with a dealt with a lot of cops in my day. There are always the bad egg,s no matter what job you are in there is always that one guy who makes life hard, rather it be in the office, a restaurant, or hospital, there will always be that one guy. You know exactly who I'm talking about.

And since I've been in some interesting positions where I hear both sides of the story you realize its not always what it seems. one gentlemen I worked with was pulled over, taken out of his car and forced to the ground later spending the night in jail. He said he was pulled over and arrested for no reason. So I asked some simple questions, were you in a suspicious part of town? Yes. Were there drugs in your car? Yes. Could they smell alcohol on you? yes. 9 times out of ten those are the types of responses I get and they wonder why the police were harassing them.

new topics

top topics

join