It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Dummies Guide" showing how easy it is to disprove the global warming myth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

The title of your thread is correct GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL and that it is a myth can easily be dis-proved, although I am almost 100% certain it is only the first error in your theory and calculations. 100% correct. You CAN easily dis-prove the global warming myth and prove it is not a myth but a reality.

I think you got the "FOR DUMMIES" part right though....they might believe you.

Why are the glaciers melting? Do you suppose that just like in a fridge the last remaining ice is keeping the entire thing at a somewhat stable temperature until it is all gone and then we will be a sloppy mess of warm water and screaming people?

I was reading a study recently in Science Daily (cited below) which states essentially, the debate over climate change has been on since the most recent election - is politically motivated and denial of true climate change is not based in any reality. In fact...the higher your level of education the more likely you are to understand and acknowledge climate change and man made global warming as a fact.

I have some links which I need to go and locate for you before you persuade anyone else with your Politically motivated and dangerous rant, due to the inaccuracies and supreme ignorance it contains.
Take a gander...

The Ten Most Disturbing Scientific Discoveries

~THE SMITHSONIAN

We’ve already changed the climate for the rest of this century.

The mechanics of climate change aren’t that complex: we burn fossil fuels; a byproduct of that burning is carbon dioxide; it enters the atmosphere and traps heat, warming the surface of the planet. The consequences are already apparent: glaciers are melting faster than ever, flowers are blooming earlier (just ask Henry David Thoreau), and plants and animals are moving to more extreme latitudes and altitudes to keep cool.

Even more disturbing is the fact that carbon dioxide lingers in the atmosphere for hundreds of years. We have just begun to see the effects of human-induced climate change, and the predictions for what’s to come range from dire to catastrophic.

Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com...

Americans' Knowledge of Polar Regions Up, but Not Their Concern

~SCIENCE DAILY

"People's knowledge of polar regions and issues improved from 2006 to 2010, consistent with hopes that the International Polar Year in 2007 would boost public awareness.

Unfortunately, we did not see a companion increase in concern about the environmental changes in these regions, due, in part, to ideological and political divisions,"

The surveys also carried an 11-question "science literacy" quiz, testing background knowledge about science.

Science literacy did not improve from 2006 to 2010, but people with higher science literacy tend to care more about polar environmental change.

"Among the environment-related issues, all but reserving Antarctica for science show increasing political polarization -- and even support for reserving the Antarctic divides along party lines. Polar issues, like many other topics in science, increasingly are viewed by the public through politically tinted glasses" www.sciencedaily.com...

How revolting, underhanded (anti-human) and LOW is it to endanger the planet and the future of humankind to push ahead an ignorant and inaccurate portrayal of our impact on and responsibility for the planet and climate change in order to demonize one man and his ideas? Pretty low.

"Too bad ignorance is not painful."

Soon it will be.

edit on 14-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The information you provided is very informative. I have read other threads here on ATS that also state that it has already ended.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Exactly. Global warming or not, take a look at China, where they often times can't even walk around outside without wearing a breath mask.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Looking at your chart. Global warming isn't a man made phenomena.
It looks like it's just the normal cycle of the earth.
It warms up and cools down normally.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Looking at your chart. Global warming isn't a man made phenomena.
It looks like it's just the normal cycle of the earth.
It warms up and cools down normally.
No doubt the part about it being a normal cycle is shown in the chart.

However there's nothing in that chart to suggest that mankind today is incapable of influencing the natural cycle in any way. There could be a human influence in addition to natural variation.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Besides, even in the most unlikely event that we are wrong about climate change..... the payoffs that we receive from global environmental policy changes will still far out way the benefits....

Well at least that part we can agree on. (The rest of your post I still disagree with though)

However, it seems that environmental policy changes are not taking place as they should be... and instead, these damn politicians are pushing their carbon tax ponzi scheme in front of everything else. And as far as I'm concerned, this carbon tax thing is a completely useless corporate money grab guised under the umbrella of 'doing the world some good'.

Yet again, corporate agenda is going to win the fight. Come hell or high water (pun intended) these guys are going to keep us poisoned, polluted, and choking on our own fumes.

Well that's two things we agree on then. I also agree that all these supposed environmental policies are simply band aid measures merely chasing after votes and corporations chasing after the green dollar.

I seriously don't think much will change until the actual effects - be it global warming or pollution or whatever - start seriously eating into the back pockets of the global elite themselves. And since the money and position provide quite a decent buffer, this won't be til the rest of us are well and truly screwed.

But I will reiterate my point whether you agree with it or not to say that this whole global warming thing has been proved as much as it is able to be proved with the data we have available. It is the most likely scenario, but we will never be able to say for sure until its far too late.

Have a good one

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join