It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Breyer robbed by machete-wielding intruder at West Indies vacation home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ironic but true.

He was robbed by a machete-wielding intruder apparently IN his home in the Caribbean island of Nevis.

I wonder if the thief rang the doorbell first ?

WASHINGTON – Justice Stephen Breyer was robbed last week by a machete-wielding intruder at his vacation home in the West Indies, a Supreme Court spokeswoman said Monday.

The 73-year-old Breyer, wife Joanna and guests were confronted by the robber around 9 p.m. EST Thursday in the home Breyer owns on the Caribbean island of Nevis, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said. The intruder took about $1,000 in cash and no one was hurt, Arberg said......

The last time a justice was the victim of a crime was in 2004, when a group of young men assaulted Justice David Souter as he jogged on the street in Washington.

In 1996, a man snatched Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's purse while she was out walking with her husband and daughter near their home in Washington. Ginsburg was not hurt.

Published February 13, 2012 | Associated Press

Are Breyer, Souter, and Ginsburg all "Liberals" ?

Ironic.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
They don't want to attack conservative judges, they might have a gun and shoot the perp. Crooks are smarter than that.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In all the old western movies judges are always pack'n heat.

I would always carry if I were a judge.

I think there was also an incident where the cops served a drug warrant at a local judges house by mistake.

She was armed if memory serves...
edit on 13-2-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Judges, along with lawyers, are all scum. Too bad this robber didn't burn his pretty vacation house down to the ground.

U

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Whew... Talk about a close call until I checked and verified he was a Clinton Appointee and so, a liberal on the court!

No NO...I'm not being all right/left about things, but let's be totally honest here. If Obama gets the stroke of luck to see a Conservative judge die or retire in the next year, we've seen nothing yet for fighting and non-stop 24/7 News on the 'Next Judge'. I'm glad nothing happened to him..and perhaps vacationing in the good old US of A would be a better idea. He is a top official of the U.S. Government, after all. Surely there is something in our vast nation and overseas territories to float the boat of a Super-Judge, isn't there?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Whew... Talk about a close call until I checked and verified he was a Clinton Appointee and so, a liberal on the court!

No NO...I'm not being all right/left about things, but let's be totally honest here. If Obama gets the stroke of luck to see a Conservative judge die or retire in the next year, we've seen nothing yet for fighting and non-stop 24/7 News on the 'Next Judge'. I'm glad nothing happened to him..and perhaps vacationing in the good old US of A would be a better idea. He is a top official of the U.S. Government, after all. Surely there is something in our vast nation and overseas territories to float the boat of a Super-Judge, isn't there?

good one !

I never thought of it that way

Also, I always assumed that SCOTUS Justices at least had some minimal SS protection.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They don't want to attack conservative judges, they might have a gun and shoot the perp. Crooks are smarter than that.

What does Liberal or conservative laws/viewpoints have to do with a Justice being robbed on a Caribbean island?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL
Judges, along with lawyers, are all scum. Too bad this robber didn't burn his pretty vacation house down to the ground.

U

Yes, yes they are. Check my sig underneath. And how many of our presidents have been lawyers? Enough to guarantee there is no truth, greed runs rampant, and everybody is full of hate. Truly they ruin anything decent they touch and imho serve evil every damn chance they get.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

What does Liberal or conservative laws/viewpoints have to do with a Justice being robbed on a Caribbean island?
Liberals hate private gun ownership and are less likely to be armed, thus easier prey. Conservatives, well do you feel lucky?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Liberals hate private gun ownership and are less likely to be armed, thus easier prey. Conservatives, well do you feel lucky?

So you are saying conservatives are more likely to be armed when they are in other countries whether or not that country has gun control laws?

I'm confused here.

This happened in the West Indies.

When you go on vacation, do you bring guns with you? If the answer is yes, you may not want the TSA to read your post....

edit on 14-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
My only concern and thinking for right vs. left in politics here is the utter nightmare it would be right now if Obama had the opportunity to replace a conservative member of the court. Whatever way someone would feel, it would be night and day, wall to wall gridlock coverage this close to a major election like this.

I don't want to see anything happen to any high member of government. It's never a good thing for the problems it creates in the system if nothing else at all matters to anyone. However.. Well........ It'd be a minor skirmish to replace a liberal Judge. It's political world war III if it's the other way.
The polarization that started under Daddy Bush and carried to where we are today is downright terrible isn't it?

new topics

top topics

join