It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Poll Finds 20% Of Republicans May Vote For Obama; 52 Percent find GOP house too EXTREME

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

A major freak out is occurring on the right as a new poll released by a Republican polling company has found that 20% of Republicans are more likely to vote for Obama. The poll done by Republican polling firm Wenzel Strategies for World Net Daily found something similar to my own recent analysis of state polling data that the 2012 election is beginning to look like a replay of 2008. The Wenzel/WND poll turned up the surprising statistic that no matter who the Republican nominee is, one fifth of the Republican voters surveyed are leaning towards voting for President Obama.

The only Republican candidate who doesn’t lose at least 20% of GOP voters to Obama is Ron Paul, and he loses 19%.

The poll found that 54% of those surveyed believed that Obama had exceeded or lived up to their expectations, and 47% said that he had not. Sixty percent of Independents thought Obama has met or exceeded their expectations as did 52% of moderates. In the head to head match ups with all voters polled Obama leads Romney, 48%-41%, Gingrich, 50%-36%, and Santorum, 49%-34%. Ron Paul fares best against Obama and he trails the president, 44%-40%.

www.politicususa.com...
www.wnd.com...

Hmmm.......think the GOP is worried? Their horrible list of candidates may be what is causing these kind of numbers....amongst other things.

Pretty surprising to say the least....but then again...some of the extreme stances they have been taking..especially of late....is probably hurting them.

And as I'm sure the RP fans will notice if they read through the whole thing...Paul actually polls the best vs Obama...although he trails 44 - 40.

52% Say GOP Agenda In Congress Is Extreme

While positive ratings for Congress remain at an all-time low, more voters than ever see the Republican agenda in Congress as extreme. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 35% of Likely Voters say it would be more accurate to describe the agenda of Republicans in Congress as mainstream, while 52% feel extreme is a more accurate description. Thirteen percent (13%) are not sure.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

This Rasmussen poll, widely considered a conservative poll, also shows shows more bad news for the GOP. That's a high number...very high.....seems to me more people think the GOP are the clear radicals.

BTW...this could also explain the incredibly poor voter turnout for the GOP primaries.....very weak to say the least.

Will the GOP start walking back some of their stances or continue headlong into what is killing them? We'll see...
edit on 13-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
When all the Republican candidates are just talking about how to help the rich keep more of their money during the end of a recession...of course Republican voters are going to defect to Obama...he gave them tax breaks.

It's fine when things are going good and people don't have a problem paying their rent/mortgage and feed their family...but when times are tough Republicans aren't going to get middle to lower class people to vote for them based on social issues.

I think 20% of Republican voters have just realized that they have been voting against their own self interests.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Those numbers don't sound right. Its probably stating this because those in charge decided Obama was going to be pres again.

I have only met the people that are in the Obama cult say he lived up to or exceeded.

Everyone else I have talked to states that he is either a complete bozo of a pres or has done a couple of good things.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
No surprise, they voted Bush in for two terms
What was that saying for Dick Nixon?
Don't change Dicks between a screw vote for Nixon in 72.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And how many Democrats would vote for Ron Paul?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
While some think these numbers may be off....i don't really think it is.

There are plenty of moderates who are Republicans......many who believe in SS and Medicare...many are on unemployment benefits, many who believe the wealthy should pay more in taxes....and many are no where near as extreme on social issues as the candidates are.

The GOP is alienating moderates in their own party to please the hardcore conservatives....who imo are the "zero taxes" crowd or those who only vote on social/religious issues.

I think 20% of Republican voters have just realized that they have been voting against their own self interests.

I agree.....i used to be one of them.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

More than you think

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting poll and I'm not so surprised really.

But its not so much about their supporting Obama, its about having poor GOP candidates, with the exception of Paul who would give Obama a real fight. The others will all have clear problems in defeating Obama and some Reps feel that GOP candidates are too extreme in one way or another.

Some still think that Romney with all his money and being a bit of a flip flopper moderate type has a good chance of beating Obama. I think that Obama is going to the election on a big issue thing time round, unfairness in society and the gap between rich and poor. If Romney is his opponent voters are going to be reminded almost every day about his riches.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think a lot of us are pulling for Ron Paul. And will be disappointed when he is not the nominee.

But vote for Obama?

I doubt it. They may stay home though which will have the same effect.

Who has a home phone anymore to take a pollsters phone call?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I seriously don't blame these republicans, I mean Gingrich?? Santorum? I would have not have believed it if somebody told me these guys would end up being front runners...

I'm always skeptical of polls, and I believe that Obama will gain less votes come November 4th 2012 regardless (he will probably win, but a lesser performance compared to 2008). I would not be surprised though that there are a number of GOPers worried and looking else where. The Eisenhower republicans, the moderate republicans, are all being purged from their own party because they don't meet the new 'purity' test. I think in the end we may end up seeing a third party grow eventually... give it another 4 years or so.... and it may suck in a good number of Democrats as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Judging from open primary and caucuses so far...not many.

Do you have any type of proof that they would?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Vote for Obama...NEVER!!!!!!!!

Vote for Romney....NEVER

Vote for Gingrich....NEVER

Vote for Ron Paul....Of course!!! But we all know how that's going.

I can speak on this until my face is blue, but at the end of the day nothing will change. We will still only have the opportunity to vote for a "lesser" of two evils and the sheep will happily go about their days thinking they are doing whats best for their country, all the while continuing to let it spiral out of control.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
83% of statistics are made up on the spot. 50% of the remainder are just flat out disinformation.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
I think a lot of us are pulling for Ron Paul. And will be disappointed when he is not the nominee.

It's looking very unlikely for Paul to become nominee at the moment, and I sense that even Paul and his campaign know this. It's a delegates game for them now, it has been since South Carolina. Paul wants to come out of Tampa with some kind of deal, and most likely it's not to gain the nomination. Paul supporters are fanatical and they think his still verymuch in the race to the nomination, but this from an outsiders perspective.

They may stay home though which will have the same effect.

I agree, this is more likely to happen.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The Eisenhower republicans, the moderate republicans, are all being purged from their own party because they don't meet the new 'purity' test. I think in the end we may end up seeing a third party grow eventually... give it another 4 years or so.... and it may suck in a good number of Democrats as well.

Could be....i'm not sure about a 3rd party though. The GOP seems to go in swings between the moderates of their party and the extreme throughout history...at least dating back since not long before the Great Depression. We are in the middle (or end I hope) of one of the extreme cycles right now.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Santorum? I would have not have believed it if somebody told me these guys would end up being front runners...

Can you believe that Santorum is actually tied for the lead with Romney in national polls?
There is no way in hell Santorum could ever beat Obama....not with all of the comments he's made lately...especially in regards to women.
Santorum tied with Romney in new National Poll

I posted this video in another thread......hear the cheers? Those are Republicans....pretty amazing...and strikingly similar to what Obama has been stating with the Buffett rule.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by NeoVain

Judging from open primary and caucuses so far...not many.

Do you have any type of proof that they would?

I have anecdotal proof. Me and every other democrat I know who voted for Obama will vote for Ron Paul if he's nominated.

But, on the other hand, even if I were republican, I'd vote for Obama over any of the rest of the GOP guys.

You can't really judge it too well from caucuses because of the type of people who actually show up to them. Why would somebody like me show up at a republican caucus?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I didn't leave the Republican Party the Republican Party left me.

With all the allegations of voter tampering and the crummy campaign they are running my vote will go to Obama.

The right wing has gone so far over the edge that I identify more with liberals than my old party. There are some things that I will always disagree with the Democrates about but people like Santorum scares me to death. It would be an absolute disaster if he were in power. Yet Romney is so far from the middle class it is impossible for him to identify with us. I saw a speech where he said he was part of the middle class I don't know what world he lives on but on Earth $250 million is not middle class. Newt Gingrich I believe is a decent politician but a horrible human being. Ron Paul is a good man I just disagree with his policies and I think he would be ineffectual as a president.

All the Republicans had to do was find a decent man that was not so far right that he sounded crazy. If they had done that this election would have been a easy win but instead they went over the top because the tea party affected there thinking to the degree of insanity. It is like they forgot that there is more than one group of people living in this country. I wish everyone would just slide back to the middle and get to work on fixing this country instead it seems they are all posturing just to prove a point. It really makes me sick. They aren't governing instead they are grand standing.

I live in Florida and Seminole countie is right by me. There are so many homeless families around here that it is heart breaking. It is not their fault that the economy crashed, these are good people barely surviving. Most of them came here for work but it dryed up and they stayed because the weather doesn't get as cold. When I heard Romney say he doesn't care about the very poor because they have a safety net it made me mad as hell. What safety net? I sure don't see it and neither do they.

It makes me think that maybe there should be rule keeping those who have never experienced being poor from ever holding office and decieding the fate of a nation.

I'm sorry I just do not like Romney. I remember another story where he went to tip someone but all he had were hundreds. Poor Romney he has it so hard. Corporations are people, he considers himself middle class, he makes $70,000 a day while he is unemployed, he doesn't care about very poor or the very rich because they are so much alike (sarcasm intended), and he feels he can run this country because he has run companies, mostly into the ground while profiting off of them and then criticizes the tax code while he hired lobbyists to help create the tax code, his company spent more on lobbyists than on their taxes, and to top it all off one of his companies was charged with the largest Medicare fraud in history. Romney epitomizes everything I do not want in a president.

I know I went on a rant but I had to get it out. I am so angry because I am ashamed to be a Republican or at least I was(a Republican that is).

These people make John McCain look great.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree about Romney. So what is wrong with Santorum or Gingrich aside from you dislike them as people? Their policies are sound. You know that Obama is disarming the country and has the full support of the banks? I guess that since you identify more with liberals that explains it.. but it sounds to me you were never Republican to begin with.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree about Romney. So what is wrong with Santorum or Gingrich aside from you dislike them as people? Their policies are sound. You know that Obama is disarming the country and has the full support of the banks? I guess that since you identify more with liberals that explains it.. but it sounds to me you were never Republican to begin with.

How exactly is Obama disarming the country???

I prefer hard facts...not rhetoric and propaganda...so please try to stick with facts.

<<   2 >>

join