It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama proposes $800 million in aid for "Arab Spring"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My fellow members... I ask you. What is the major malfunction with our President? Is he stupid?Still naive after 3 years in Office? Or does he just not give a tinkers damn what the American people think about anything he does?

Perhaps it's about running us straight into financial obliteration so the LEADERS.....never the people....the LEADERS of other nations can benefit from Obama's great rivers of Aid money!

In his annual budget message to Congress, President Barack Obama asked that military aid to Egypt be kept at the level of recent years -- $1.3 billion -- despite a crisis triggered by an Egyptian probe targeting American democracy activists.

Most of the economic aid for the Arab Spring countries -- $770 million -- would go to establish a new "Middle East and North Africa Incentive Fund," the president said in his budget plan.

It would also build on other programs for the area, including up to $2 billion in regional Overseas Private Investment Corporation financing, up to $1 billion in debt swaps for Egypt, and approximately $500 million in existing funds re-allocated to respond to the region last year, the budget document said.
Source

Was I sleeping when the American Eagle flew over our great land and start crapping bundles of NON-Deficit cash?? That must be what happened. I was just writing pieces yesterday debating the time scale for how quickly our financial system would utterly collapse under it's own corrupt weight. Surely this can't be dealing with the SAME pile of IOU's I see in the Federal Budget to give MORE money away to other nations...who really don't even LIKE us.

What say you ATS? Insanity or good foreign policy?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What about using that money to create jobs. For AMERICANS. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

That is exactly what I thought about too, sadly in the corporate run nation of ours, the only use the government have on its citizens is to make sure that those that can be gouge with taxes are valuable by the tax they pay.

So that is all we are good for as long as you work, and that is how your hard work is rewarded.

America is a corporate run nation and corruption is what we have for government, it doesn't matter who is in power.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What say you ATS? Insanity or good foreign policy?

Insanity, because this will not do a damn thing to help us...Seriously the question of him winning a second term should be flushed down the toilet. I am sure though all his supporters would support this and would not care....

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Obama proposed $51.6 billion in funding for the U.S. State Department and foreign aid overall, when $8.2 billion in assistance to war zones is included. The "core budget" for the category would increase by 1.6 percent, officials said.

The international corporations have been busy exploiting the U.S. taxpayers.

They have taken an enormous amount of $$ from the Treasury and stashed it away in their financial holding tanks. Never to be seen by the majority of citizens ever again.

Sure if some defense contractors stay in business it might save or even create a few jobs.

But it's not like they give us back 20 or 30 million jobs !!!

They throw a few tidbits of chicken feed back, but it never solves the problem.

If I didn't know any better, I would say the government is not acting in out best interests

This all must be part of the U.N. Agenda 21 or something like that.

I wonder WHO actually has that 4 trillion in additional debt ?

TickTock ... TickTock ... TickTock ...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You really think Obama cares about Americans. Y not 800 million for OWS?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My guess is this Middle East and North Africa Incentive Fund will go towards training and arming SWAT teams to beat the Egyptian democracy into submission. The OWS police actions have set the bar nice and low for the rest of the world as to how to treat a citizen.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
My fellow members... I ask you. What is the major malfunction with our President? Is he stupid?

No, he is not stupid. The stupids are the voters, and they will do it again. What a karma !

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

$2 billion in regional Overseas Private Investment Corporation financing......
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Say WHAT??? Our tax dollars are going to pay for private corporations to invest overseas?? How in Hades does that help us?? I am so sick and tired of our government trumpeting the virtues of capitalism, while they expect us to fund private capitalistic ventures overseas. It is utter insanity. Each president that comes along is a bigger traitor than the last one.

This is nothing but a give-away for overseas ventures. If we thought we were broke before, just wait until this craziness gets going. I didn't like Obama before. I despise him now. This isn't foreign "policy", it is a foreign free-for-all at our expense.

Despicable.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliquandro
My guess is this Middle East and North Africa Incentive Fund will go towards training and arming SWAT teams to beat the Egyptian democracy into submission. The OWS police actions have set the bar nice and low for the rest of the world as to how to treat a citizen.

This money will go directly to keeping the people the west has just put into power, in control. They especially have problems in Libya, even though the article didn't mention Libya specifically, I'm willing to bet a big chunk of that $800 million is going there way.

Come Feb 17, I bet we are going to see something close to a full liberation of Libya. Bani Walid, Sabha, Tobruk, Kufra, Zawiyah and 80% of Sirte are Pro-Green. Not to mention large parts of Tripoli, Misrata, Brega, ajdabiya and Benghazi as well.

The NTC has even lost support from their fighters. This combined with the majority of Libyans being Pro-Gaddafi in the first place, is going to cause quite the stir come the 17, as predicted by Saadi Gaddafi. I see Obama trying to keep what he helped bring into power, afterall, if it wasn't for NATO's airstrikes and NATO and Qatar special forces, these "rebels" would have never reached the outskirts of Tripoli.

new topics

top topics

join