It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUTH about Hell (May shock you...)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I don't just believe it, I know it. The more I study scripture, the more convinced I am that Sheol is completely different from what we've been commonly taught. Prudence is exactly what has led me to this belief!

As for the person saying I'm not being open minded about Jesus....well, you know the Gospel, and if you reject it, you will face the consequences (oblivion). For people living in North Korea who have never heard of Jesus, they are granted Salvation through Gods mercy. Same for young children who aren't fully developed and capable of understanding, or other isolated peoples.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Then let me ask you this and i want to see how you get out of this one. The rich man and lazerus. The rich man asked lazerus oh that you would dip your finger and give me water and lazerus responded that he could not there was a great gulf between them. Then he beseeched him that they would send someone to tell his brothers to not come to this place and they said they could not because they had the prophets etcc.....that was a story Jesus told and it was literal. There is a hell and it is a place of torment of unspeakable suffering. You sir are wrong and lead people astray, careful and study the word. There are different levels of hell for example there is a place for the fallen angels that left their first estate and reserved unto the time of the judgement etc... sure thesecond death is eternal seperation but there IS a hell and its a bad place a place of fire and brimstone whhere their worm dies not, their flesh burns and they are not consumed, unquenchable fire, where the damned spend eternity. You are right God does not want any to perish and he loves everyone so much that God died for them, took upon himself the sins of the world, incarnating himself in the image of his son the second person of God, died for us so that alll those that believe will be forgiven and granted eternal life as the gift of God.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Doesn't Matthew 25:46 say the wicked will receive "everlasting punishment"?
Notice the word is punishment, not punishing. Punishing would be continuous, while punishment is one act. The punishment of the wicked is death, and this death is everlasting.

REALLY???? "everlasting punishing"? Wow, this point is sooooooo invalid.

Lol ... thinks a suffix determines your fate or something

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

reply to post by 547000

Let's see this verse in context and with true meanings of the words applied.

You said it was Mathew 24:51

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. "

My KJV says Matthew 24:51 says "And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Matthew 25:41 is the verse you were looking for, "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"

Now lets see this in context...

Matthew 25:40-42 "40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: "

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart (poreuomai, greek for traverse or travel, can be used literally or figuratively, especially means to remove, IE die) from me, ye cursed, into everlasting (aionios, perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well). fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, be ye going from me, ye cursed, into perpetual fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"

Now to explain the perpetual, or everlasting fire, Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed with everlasting, or eternal, fire (Jude 7), and that fire turned them "into ashes" as a warning to "those that after should live ungodly," 2 Peter 2:6. These cities are not burning today. The fire went out after everything was burned out. Likewise, everlasting fire will go out after it has turned the wicked to ashes (Malachi 4:3). The effects of the fire are everlasting, but not the burning itself.

The Bible tells us that "the wages of sin is" not eternal life in hellfire, but "death" (Romans 6:23), the same penalty God assured Adam and Eve would be theirs if they ate the forbidden fruit.

Ezekiel states clearly that "the soul that sinneth, it shall die" (Ezekiel 18:4), and a plethora of other Bible verses and passages endorse this position."

Like I said, I am planning on going through the entire Bible explaining each and every verse about Hell, to try and dispel the myth (which by the way comes from Pagan ideas..... Roman and Greek mythology, etc)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
But isn't "death" the end of suffering as well???

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

Originally posted by Iason321

Doesn't Matthew 25:46 say the wicked will receive "everlasting punishment"?
Notice the word is punishment, not punishing. Punishing would be continuous, while punishment is one act. The punishment of the wicked is death, and this death is everlasting.

REALLY???? "everlasting punishing"? Wow, this point is sooooooo invalid.

Lol ... thinks a suffix determines your fate or something

What that is saying is that that verse says the wicked will receive everlasting punishment. He is pointing out that the verse does NOT say "the wicked will be punished eternally in hell",

That punishment of the wicked that is everlasting, is that they are destroyed, they die, and that is everlasting, they never come back.

What I am speaking is the truth. Nobody who actually reads everything I've written and believes in the Bible can deny what I'm saying. Nobody who can think logically and rationally, anyways...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here is one more source of the many out there that support this fact.

www.tentmaker.org...

I am going to work on making a second part to this thread and include every single verse about Hell, "debunked", and maybe a source listing of 20 or so websites....

How can you deny all this evidence I am presenting you?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
Then let me ask you this and i want to see how you get out of this one. The rich man and lazerus. The rich man asked lazerus oh that you would dip your finger and give me water and lazerus responded that he could not there was a great gulf between them. Then he beseeched him that they would send someone to tell his brothers to not come to this place and they said they could not because they had the prophets etcc.....that was a story Jesus told and it was literal. There is a hell and it is a place of torment of unspeakable suffering. You sir are wrong and lead people astray, careful and study the word. There are different levels of hell for example there is a place for the fallen angels that left their first estate and reserved unto the time of the judgement etc... sure thesecond death is eternal seperation but there IS a hell and its a bad place a place of fire and brimstone whhere their worm dies not, their flesh burns and they are not consumed, unquenchable fire, where the damned spend eternity. You are right God does not want any to perish and he loves everyone so much that God died for them, took upon himself the sins of the world, incarnating himself in the image of his son the second person of God, died for us so that alll those that believe will be forgiven and granted eternal life as the gift of God.

The parable of Lazarus and the rich man is an interesting one. This article explains it very in depth, what-the-hell-is-hell.com...

As far as "their worm dieth not"
The word “hell” used in Mark 9:43-48 is from the Greek word Gehenna. This term, as we have learned, is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Hinnom, the name of a valley near Jerusalem, “used as a place to cast carcasses of animals and malefactors, which were consumed by fire constantly kept up.

Christ here uses this valley of Hinnom to teach His hearers the fate that awaits the wicked. Certainly the Jews who heard His words could not possibly have obtained any idea of wicked, disembodied souls endlessly suffering. They saw in Hinnom dead bodies being devoured by flames, or if the flames did not reach them, then by worms, those ever-present agents of destruction and disintegration. The fact that the fires of Gehenna were ever kept burning, were “not quenched,” was the surest proof that whatever was cast into them would be entirely consumed. To declare that if a fire keeps ever burning, then whatever is cast into it keeps ever living, is to go contrary both to the evidence of our senses and to the testimony of Scripture.

And unquenchable fire:
Unquenchable fire is fire that cannot be put out, but which goes out when it has turned everything to ashes. Jeremiah 17:27 says Jerusalem was to be destroyed with unquenchable fire, and in 2 Chronicles 36:19-21 the Bible says this fire burned the city "to fulfill the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah" and left it desolate. Yet we know this fire went out, because Jerusalem is not burning today.

To quench means to extinguish or put out. No one will be able to put out the fire of hell. That is the strange fire of God. No one will be able to escape from it by extinguishing it. Isaiah says of that fire, "Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor a fire to sit before it" (Isaiah 47:14). After it has accomplished its work of destruction, that fire will go out. No one can deliver themselves from its flame by putting it out, but finally not a coal will be left. So say the Scriptures.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Hell is a total lack of Love and Unity.

In essence, we're living in a version of hell right now.

You have human nature to thank for that.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Some people have seen hell, including many saints.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
You are right God does not want any to perish and he loves everyone so much that God died for them, took upon himself the sins of the world, incarnating himself in the image of his son the second person of God, died for us so that alll those that believe will be forgiven and granted eternal life as the gift of God.

If you step back and read what you wrote again, you will see you already understand the concept of what I am explaining.

LIFE is a blessing! You are absolutely right that God loves everyone and it pains him to see his children perishing. Being granted eternal life is a gift from God! The punishment of the wicked, is that they PERISH! They die!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
the thing is that if the bad people "perished",isn't that the end of suffering in a way???Since they do not further suffer from pain and suffering.
edit on 14-2-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Some people have seen hell, including many saints.

Can you cite specific examples and I will take a look?

I have read stories from Mary K Baxter and others and come to the conclusion these people;

A) had visions / dreams, and embellished, misinterpreted, or flat out lied about them
B) there visions and dreams were full of symbolism and preconceived fundamentalist beliefs

Some of the stories are straight out lies done for money or fame.

And then there's also the possibility that the entity who visited these people showed them Hell, was not Jesus, but was the Devil or a demon, and showed them these elaborate (and realistic) visions, to further there agenda of scaring people away from Christianity by spreading false doctrine of a cruel sadistic barbaric pagan Hell.

And last but not least, go and research NDE's and tell me how many official, non biased NDE reports you find, that don't come from Christian fundamentalists, that show a fiery burning hell of torment. Check these sites out: www.nderf.org... and www.near-death.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

It's the end of everything for them. They will never know the joys of living, breathing, feeling, experiencing again. Forever they will lay unconscious.

Ecclesiastes 9:4 "For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works. "

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Okay just one more post then I'm done for a while I'll let some people respond. But just wanted to throw another great source out while I'm at it...

The traditional concept of Hell does NOT come from the inspired Hebrew or Greek manuscripts. It is a pagan myth adopted as Christian doctrine in the third century by church fathers. Yet, then as now, innocent people are taught the traditional concept of Hell by trusted authority figures. That trust deters questions, so for hundreds of years the myth has perpetuated. The KJV and other translations have also perpetuated the myth by less than the most accurate translation of the word Hell.

www.equipministry.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

cant hardly wait for the YHWH is Lucifer Thread....that will blow some minds

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

cant hardly wait for the YHWH is Lucifer Thread....that will blow some minds

Seeing as how you did not present me with an intellectual argument, nor can you use proper spelling or punctuation or grammar in your posts or signature, I will disregard your post.

Thank you and God bless

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Seriously? It is ridiculous to call a spelling cop on an open forum. As for argument in favor of my post, it cannot anymore be proved than heaven, hell, the easter bunny or batman.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

So what kind of belief do you hold? Are you a Christian or what? If you are a Christian, can you prove me wrong? Can you poke any holes in my theory that I cannot patch? Why would you choose to believe in false doctrine perpetuated by pagan beliefs over the truth that I am preaching to you?

If you are an atheist, what do you care anyways? You're already probably going to Hell. (the grave, death, oblivion)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
in the name of YHWH men have been murdered, slautered, slain. Lands have been stolen, burned down. In the name of Allah, of God.

That the lie of Moses perpetuated a super race, mogals to what is a power that rules the world. Christianity if not based solely on the acts of the Solstices and Equinoxes has been completely obliterated by the cult of Sol Invictus Mithras .

That a God would have to project his persona is dead give a way to who Jehovah is. A jealous God. It was the jealousy of Lucifer that got him thrown from the heavens.
Scriptures telling about God using deceitful spirits or is a house divided among itself that cannot stand.

Things start making sense when this is taken into context.

About your thread. You can't have a Heaven without a Hell. If Hell is in the mind to torment man on a daily basis then heaven is the same also.

May the Creator of all of the universe who is absent of all personality bless you richly by no worldly standard of measure or context.
edit on 14-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join