It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Source

Anti-government extremists opposed to taxes and regulations pose a growing threat to local law enforcement officers in the United States, the FBI warned on Monday.

These extremists, sometimes known as "sovereign citizens," believe they can live outside any type of government authority, FBI agents said at a news conference.

The extremists may refuse to pay taxes, defy government environmental regulations and believe the United States went bankrupt by going off the gold standard.

Routine encounters with police can turn violent "at the drop of a hat," said Stuart McArthur, deputy assistant director in the FBI's counterterrorism division.

"We thought it was important to increase the visibility of the threat with state and local law enforcement," he said.

Well. we are all screwed.

I oppose government completely, but yet I am not violent. So because I oppose government I am not treated with the same respect that others who concede to you? And then you wonder why I dislike government?

I do not understand how people cannot blame the government for the situation we are in. They are the ones who stripped the regulations for the banks and they are ones that are in the back pockets of the worlds largest corporations that put profit in front of human life.

That is not government. That is PR machines of the big corporations...

I really had to laugh at this article as it shows how much we just let the power slip away...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well damn, why don't they just save all the un-needed language and text?? They can just say 'Visit Prison Planet and Above Top Secret. Observe who we think are dire threats to National Security'. See how much easier it would be? Everyone would know what they meant and how far outside the bounds of Constitutional Freedom their statement really is. :eek:

I don't blame government for MY personal problems. I have myself for those because Obama wasn't here in my house making decisions for me. I was.
However, NATIONAL problems are damn sure his tar baby and have been for awhile now. Even if Bush started a problem, after 3 years, Obama owns it.

Dear FBI,

Stop blaming citizens who are tired of seeing this blasphemy passing itself off as national leadership for all the problems our nation has!

Very sick of it,

-Disgruntled, tax paying, law abiding and VOTING citizen
edit on 13-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
it is our right to rebel if we so feel. the feds job is only to protect the states

if the states dont like it then it is there right to rebel and there is nothing the feds can do.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"If your not with us, your against us" Bush.

"If your not with us, your a Terrorist" FBI

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Sick.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I've never hated a politician like I hate Harper.

There will come a day when one will get arrested for saying just that.

The States are slowly implementing a totalitarian regime agenda and Canada will soon follow.

Makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
it is our right to rebel if we so feel. the feds job is only to protect the states

if the states dont like it then it is there right to rebel and there is nothing the feds can do.

Actually, it's not really our right to rebel. Something like that could be considered treason (U.S. Const. Art. 3 Sec. 3) since it may be interpreted as an act of war against the country. With our infatuation with terrorism and combatting it, I do not believe it would be a difficult stretch for the government to label you as a terrorist and therefore an enemy combatant engaged in war against the country. The feds can, and most likely would do something about it in the form of a military deployment. I wouldn't put it past them, and I wouldn't provoke it unnecessarily.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Its official, since I fear the government, we live with a tyrannical government.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Heh, welcome to my category. .. i see free patriots! ! Standing up against. An extremist government! !

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm going to suggest that this message is meant for people much more "radical" than the "I talk tough on the internet" crowd gathered here. And you know those losers are out there, practicing their dumb little militia drills. Some of those groups are indeed, a dangerous lot. Although I suspect they are all talk as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
FBI is so deep into 9/11 they had better shut up....
They helped the 9/11 highjackers in america and set them up to pull off the false flag attack that it was....
The goverment is no longer a valid nor legal authority. having murdered its own citizens to further its agenda.
TheFBI is hand in glove with the rest of the rogue intelligence agencies in America...they are the traitors...their own people have testified to it!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Ruh Roh. OP is right! We're all screwed now, unless of course you don't have an opinion about anything to do with the government. I guess that means voting in the stupid two or three party system would be a problem, it involves an opinion. By extension then I guess all people who vote are potential terrorists.

But if that is the "norm," meaning having an opinion, voting and operating within the government's fraudulent election process, then in fact, the opinionated people would not be the terrorists, it would be the government.

Does that make sense?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sorry! That don't sound like a threat to me. It sounds like HOPE!!!
edit on 2/13/12 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow! Every week it seems the US is becoming more and more of a totalitarian dystopia. I wonder how long until the constitution is re-written to be more accommodating to your Orwellian overlords. Will we see the day soon when places like Burma and Nth Korea are seen to be bastions of free speech and personal liberty?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Do you smell that?
***sniff sniff***

Smell like a REVOLUTION is a brewin'.

The pot is boiling and they are doing their best to get people to take sides.
This is social engeneering at it's most obvious.
They are already setting up the battle lines and defining the enemy.

I am really sorry to see what is so clearly happening to our country and to all of the gullable people who are going to guy into it hook, line, and sinker. Apparently one cannot critisize the U.S. Government without being considered a potential terrorist now.

What IS a terrorist anyway, ever think of that?
hmmmm

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

These extremists, sometimes known as "sovereign citizens," believe they can live outside any type of government authority,

Sounds like something Stalin would have said.

top topics

join