It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HUGE] 300.000 Organic Farmers Sue Monsanto In Federal Court!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.percyschmeiser.com...
if he could successfuly win against monsanto and force them to clean up his felid that i wonder what 300,000 farmers can do to them

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm all for organic food, quite frankly it tastes better when I can get it.
That aside doesn't Monsanto have a right to protect their product?
If they paid to grow, splice, engineer etc... their crop line don't they own it and have a right to make a profit from it?
There are entire companies in the mid west where all they do is grow corn to sell to farmers so they can plant the next years crops.
They don't just grow random batches of corn, everything is controlled down to the pollination to ensure a quality product.
Monsanto may be an evil corp that promotes soil erosion etc... that doesn't mean their right to controlling their product should be trampled on because another part of their company is evil.

That said Monsanto shouldn't be able to go after local farmers if the "traces of DNA" are from random uncontrolled cross pollination from the wind or animals.
Controlling their pollen is on them, not on the other farmers.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
All my prays for the farmers etc. Even though im not religious. Monsanto is the greatest threat to freedom from a Corporation that we face, globally. They have acted with despicable methods of extortion and indentured servitude. This is the one corporation that (above cigarette, weapon and banking companies) you have to be without morals to work for. It doesn't take long to learn about the thousands of lives they destroy each year.. Let us all hope for a win, sadly the court system is bias towards the corporation thanks to years of lobying and millions of dollars to get laws in their favour..

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It wouldn't be corporate bias if Monsanto wins the case it would be the merits of the case.
Yes the company isn't nice and has done wrong things, but in this case it looks like the law might be on their side.
You can't punish them when they are in the right for a change, just because they do other evil stuff.
If you start doing that the entire system which is already messed up will collapse.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
I'm all for organic food, quite frankly it tastes better when I can get it.
That aside doesn't Monsanto have a right to protect their product?
If they paid to grow, splice, engineer etc... their crop line don't they own it and have a right to make a profit from it?
There are entire companies in the mid west where all they do is grow corn to sell to farmers so they can plant the next years crops.
They don't just grow random batches of corn, everything is controlled down to the pollination to ensure a quality product.
Monsanto may be an evil corp that promotes soil erosion etc... that doesn't mean their right to controlling their product should be trampled on because another part of their company is evil.

That said Monsanto shouldn't be able to go after local farmers if the "traces of DNA" are from random uncontrolled cross pollination from the wind or animals.
Controlling their pollen is on them, not on the other farmers.

All I can say is watch Food inc. open your eyes....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by ScaryWorld
Organic/Vegan for life.
Humans = Herbivorous.
Not this human.

Vegetables are what food eats. I never go into the wild with veggies on my breath.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Last summer I traveled across Canada and had the privilege of staying on a farm in Memramcook New Brunswick. The family I stayed with owned 700 acres of land and were operating a dairy farm which they were winding down. I learned so much from this family and how tough it is to be a farmer, needless to say I will never look at a block of cheese or a glass of milk the same way ever again.

Your choices are limited by the industry and companies such as Mosanto. The farmers should be the ones influencing the agricultural industry not the other way around. This particular family was the advance wave of a new type of thinking springing up in rural North America and the son who was soon to be taking over the farm was about to embark on a trip to South America to learn how to farm without reliance on petroleum or petroleum related products... a very tall order indeed.

I hope that a precedent is set here in this case, because justice needs to be on the side of the farmers...

more on my experience here...

theonegrandadventure.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Local organic seed growers take on Monsanto in federal court

Carol Koury, owner of Asheville's Sow True Seed, joined some 82 other farmers, advocacy groups and seed companies as part of a class-action lawsuit brought in federal court today, Jan. 31, in New York City. The Organic Seed Grower and Trade Association and others are taking on agricultural giant Monsanto, in a filing by the New York-based Public Patent Foundation. Koury and Sow True Seed staffer Cathryn Zommer traveled to New York to hear the opening oral arguments in what participants say is a groundbreaking food safety case against the bio-tech behemoth, Monsanto.
Source

Asheville joins the fight against Monsanto.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

The issue is that Monsanto has the allowance to sue any farmers that are saving seeds from their own heirloom crops if the genetics of Monsantos GM crops show up in them. This is bound to happen as their crops have pollen that is spread by the air and in turn contaminates the future generations of non monsanto crops with monsanto genetics. This causes the Organic farmers and others to not only have what they are trying to avoid, pesticide laden crops, but also to be liable for monies owed to monsanto for using their genetics even though it is not purposeful.

Through the spreading of pollen over time Monsanto will have a copyright over nearly every strain of any crop they have modified including heirloom strains they should have nothing to do with. Our whole food supply will also become irrevocably pesticide laden and clean foods will be completely unavailable.

In honest truth we should all be suing this company and any other that has done such modification of pollen crops that cannot be controlled in the same way as a domestic animal breed strictly confined.

If you still don't get it a basic breakdown is ALL FUTURE GENERATIONS WILL BE SLOWLY POISONED NO MATTER WHAT.
and if that doesn't get you so mad you could kill then you either have no conscious or you are illiterate and have no idea what this says.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Laced713

The sad reality is the fact that the madman Obama has a former Monsanto big wig in his cabinet. I forget the jerks name, but it is easily googled. So nothing will be done about it even if one actually believed that there ever was a chance that it would.

We already know that the Madman Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder is nothing but a puppet on strings who could care less about the rule of Law. However, we don't need to talk about that or how he has allowed our own border agents to be murdered by firearms that his brilliant FAST & FURIOUS campaign handed out to the ruthless Mexican Cartel. Why? Because that's one of many stories, and is another subject.

With that being said. Monsanto is out of control and they must be stopped from polluting us all with their genetically modified poison. These people are bottomfeeders of the highest order. ~SheopleNation
edit on 1-3-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

thank you for better explaining it und knowing of the same documentry

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join