It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HUGE] 300.000 Organic Farmers Sue Monsanto In Federal Court!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+91 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hadn't seen this posted yet.

if it is, please remove/delete.

this has the potential to be HUGE.

Hundreds of citizens, (even including NYC chefs in their white chef hats) joined Occupy the Food System groups, ie Food Democracy Now, gathered outside the Federal Courts in Manhattan on January 31st, to support organic family farmers in their landmark lawsuit against Big Agribusiness giant Monsanto. (Organic Seed Growers & Trade Association v. Monsanto) Oral arguments were heard that day concerning the lawsuit by 83 plaintiffs representing over 300,000 organic farmers, organic seed growers, and organic seed businesses.

that's a lot of people that aren't pleased with Monsanto's doings.

make that 300.001, because i'm one of them.

The lawsuit addresses the bizarre and shocking issue of Monsanto harassing and threatening organic farmers with lawsuits of “patent infringement” if any organic farmer ends up with any trace amount of GM seeds on their organic farmland.

not the first time we hear of stories where Monsanto is threatening people.

Judge Naomi Buckwald heard the oral arguments on Monsanto’s Motion to Dismiss, and the legal team from Public Patent Foundation represented the rights of American organic farmers against Monsanto, maker of GM seeds, [and additionally, Agent Orange, dioxin, etc.]

i think we should let judge Naomi Buckwald know that we, or i, don't want to see this case dismissed.

After hearing the arguments, Judge Buckwald stated that on March 31st she will hand down her decision on whether the lawsuit will move forward to trial.

i for one will be keeping a close eye on this.

source
edit on 13-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am very pleased that the organic farmers are fighting Monsanto! Thanks for sharing this information! They had better win!!

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
These 300,000 citizens are like David fighting a monstrous Goliath. What they do have on their side is TRUTH, and the truth shall set us all free.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You gotta know how corrupt the system is. Even if the case moves forward and Monsanto loses, all they will get is fines. How will they pay the fines? Increase their prices or get grants and bailouts from the government. Where will they ultimately recoup the court imposed fines from? All of us, in increased taxes or increased food prices. They lose nothing.

If the system weren't corrupt, Monsanto would be broken up and restructured or shut down, and the directors/officers charged with crimes against humanity. That would be a fine day to see!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/13.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

2nd

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Can we the regular citizens and consumers in this nation that support organic products and methods sign in to support and solidarity to the organic growers?

I will gladly help with my signature, I have donated money to their cause also before.

Monsanto is like a Festering wound that is infecting the food supply in this nation and they do not give a crap if you want their infection to reach you or your unborn children, they want profits, we humans are expendable to their monstrosities and poison.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great thread and the link provided was a very very interesting read indeed.

Hopefully this can snowball from 300k to millions and millions of people saying that this is the end of your regime and time to pack it in.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Can we the regular citizens and consumers in this nation that support organic products and methods sign in to support and solidarity to the organic growers?

interesting question and certainly a great idea.

i don´t have any knowledge in building websites.

maybe we could make this go viral ourselves??

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What really chaps my hide is that, at Monsanto's corporate headquarters, they will not serve GMO foods in their cafeteria. They stated they want their employees to have a choice. WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US??

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
reply to post by Night Star

You gotta know how corrupt the system is. Even if the case moves forward and Monsanto loses, all they will get is fines. How will they pay the fines? Increase their prices or get grants and bailouts from the government. Where will they ultimately recoup the court imposed fines from? All of us, in increased taxes or increased food prices. They lose nothing.

If the system weren't corrupt, Monsanto would be broken up and restructured or shut down, and the directors/officers charged with crimes against humanity. That would be a fine day to see!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/13.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

How do they pay the fines????????? Just take out of the giant pool of billions upon billions of dollars. A couple $500 million fines are nothin to them, just a couple of pennies. I don't see why they don't start taking people to prison. Hold people accountable for what they do.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Awesome news. Organic for life!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

What about the fact that past CEO's of monsanto are now heading stuff like the FDA, and EPA. Why don't we just have the accountant write the checks??

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

I KNOW!! The corruption is a steady, fetid stream from the boardroom of Monsanto, right into our government agencies that are charged with the safety of our food supply. Sickening, obscene, and gut-wrenching are a few adjectives that I can think of right off the bat to describe this evil.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If you think this
has nothing to do
with money then you
are being very naive.
The lawyers could give
two craps if GMO's are
good or bad. It would not
surprise me if Monsanto jumps
into the organic market.
People are sell outs, and the
only reason why monsanto
has been even able to buy
out seed companies. That
is what they do, sell seeds.
No farmer has to enter into an agreement
with them, just if they want to compete
they will buy the best seeds available
because in turn it will make them
more money.

Organic agriculturalists say that corn, cotton, sugar beets and other crops of theirs have been contaminated by Monsanto‘s seed, and even though the contamination has been largely natural and unintended,

So how is suing going to keep mother nature from naturally spreading seeds?

Monsanto does not want the organic farmers using there seeds,
and the organic farmers do not want the monsanto seeds in
there fields. Seems like they both want the same thing
so why do they not work together in fixing the root of the problem..

This is all about money, from the lawyers, to the organic farmers,
to monsanto...

Monsanto is going to be forced into the organic farming business.
Which would probablly be the best thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

This is all about money, from the lawyers, to the organic farmers, to monsanto...

Yep, gets quite concerning when seeing just how close Monsanto is to the supply of money. It has allowed Monsanto to dominate and manipulate the market through various means and against core free market principles.

My biggest concern with all this GMO is the 'terminator strains' used to create infertile seeds so the farmer is forced to go back to Monsanto. There are strong indications from generational studies that this does cause the consumers offspring to be infertile as RNA and genetic material is absorbed into our cells from the food we eat. To continue this practice supports eugenics policy.

I do suggest people get comfortable with these proceedings as they are going to take a very long time with so much money and technical data to go through. It is great to see such a large support base rise up to challenge this beast. It will be a long fight to either get Monsanto back in line or chop it down, good luck as the world is counting on it.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
For now, let's just hope this case moves forward, because if it doesn't and gets washed under the bridge, you'll know that this planet really is going to be screwed, blued, and tattooed by the corporate dictators.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Organic/Vegan for life.
Humans = Herbivorous.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I sincerely hope the Monopolistic MONSTER known as Monsanto goes down in flames and every one of the share holders ends up begging for change in the streets.

That is all.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is awesome. Really good news; will be even better when they get sued for every last penny. A plague to Earth like Monsanto deserves the most humiliating termination possible. No remorse for the psychopaths!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
now if only we could get 300,000,000 people after the illuminati/Cabal that is wrecking the world

nice post op

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join