It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN-linked group raising funds for California 'Occupy' protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The CA ACORN has changed their name to the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment,

and is asking for donations to help fund an upcoming "Occupy" protest in Sacramento dubbed "Occupy the Capitol (I assume the Capital of California).

Published February 13, 2012 | FoxNews.com

“Thousands of us are arriving in Sacramento on March 5 to Occupy the Capitol with our demand that the 1 percent pay for jobs, education, essential services, and a better future,” reads a copy of the letter obtained by FoxNews.com. “We need your activists and staff to join us. …We also urgently need funding.”

The letter, which was posted on the California Federation of Teachers' website, lists a tiered system for donors. To be a “Working Class Hero,” donors must give $20,000, or enough to "rent 20 buses" for the protests. A gift of $5,000 earns an "Occupy Ally” designation.

Critics said the fundraising is yet more evidence linking the remnants of ACORN, a national organization that disbanded after a series of scandals, to the national "Occupy" movement. Like ACORN, the new group, a 501(c)3 non-profit, could be using federal funds for political ends, said Dan Epstein, executive director for Cause of Action, a Washington-based watchdog group.

“We have seen that ACCE has lobbied for federal funding, thus raising a serious concern: If they are acting as a fiscal sponsor for the 'Occupy' movement, are they using federal dollars for the same political ends,” Epstein said.

ACORN-linked group raising funds for California 'Occupy' protest

CA ACORN now the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE)

ACCE Homepage

Should Federal funding be allowed for the #Occupy movements even though some Federal funding may be going to law enforcement who are confronting the demonstrations ?

Will this be another Oakland ??

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh no!!!!

Seriously.....why aren't you hot and heavy on the Tea Party express that is backed by billionaires that also receives government subsidies????

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Oh no!!!!

Seriously.....why aren't you hot and heavy on the Tea Party express that is backed by billionaires that also receives government subsidies????

Can't find any current articles about that issue.

I would say the TP should not get any Federal funding either.

I will look up that issue and start a topic. (You can too)

I think some billionaires have been involved with the #Occupiers movements.

Unlikely Ally of Occupy Movement: Billionaires

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

but but but,it was never politically motivated?

join