It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temporal Distortion A Time-Lapse Vid Of Heavens In Motion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I really enjoy these vids, and they offer amazing perspective.
Now in HD, watching this with the lights dimmed was quite an experience. It made me feel like we really are on a blue spaceship, sailing through space at 60,000 mph.

Of course, there's more motions than Earth's daily “spin” on its axis to consider.Besides rotating on its axis, the Earth is moving around the Sun, the whole Solar System is moving around the Galaxy and the Galaxy is moving through space!

We know the Earth is moving in nearly circular orbit around the Sun. We are moving along in this orbit at almost 30 kilometers per second, or just over 67,000 miles per hour. Sound fast? Hang on: it gets even faster!

Our Solar System is tucked away in an arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. Our galaxy is rotating, and we are rotating around the galaxy's center at about 220 kilometers per second (490,000 miles per hour!)

Our Milky Way galaxy is part of a cluster of galaxies we refer to as the “local group.” Together, they are cruising through space at an astounding 1,000 kilometers per second. It seems that we're in a hurry to get wherever we're going, so the next logical question would be “where are we going?”

Halverson's work even attracted the attention of Bear McCreary, a composer who wrote the music for TV shows Battlestar Galactica, Eureka and The Walking Dead. He scored Halverson's for fun.

www.wired.com...

Peace,
spec
edit on 13-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: add source

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Here is another vid filmed with the VLT(Very Large Telescope)

These vids offer such unique and awe inspiring perspective. I can't help but feel 'one' with my co-inhabitors on this journey of existence.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sweet!

Love this guys work, its awesome.
Just cant watch it too many times!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Tres bien! Merci! Seriously though, what is that at 55 sec of the first vid? Smoke or something?

top topics

join