It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Anonymous?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Today I watched on the news our government was threatened to withdraw its signature from ACTA by a 'group?' that call themselves Anonymous. I think they've acted on more than one occassion in various countries. All I can see about them including the same pictures were on the news is from this song:

Apparently they are considered to be anti-Illuminati? It is really an active group or community I don't know, like some others.

Commander X and the People's Liberation Front
Provides interviews and videos about Anonymous.[18] Says that "we are not a terrorist organization". In 2011, he was at the center of an investigation into Anonymous by Aaron Barr, who claimed to have identified him as a San Francisco gardener. Interviewed following the attack on HBGary Federal, Commander X revealed that while Barr suspected that he was a leader of the group, he was in his own words a "peon". However, Commander X did claim to be a skilled hacker and founding member of an allied organization, the Peoples Liberation Front (PLF). According to Commander X, Peoples Liberation Front, collective of hactivists founded in 1985, acted with AnonOps, another sub-group of Anonymous, to carry out denial-of-service attacks against government websites in Tunisia, Iran, Egypt, and Bahrain. Explaining the relationship between Anonymous and the PLF, he suggested an analogy to NATO, with the PLF being a smaller sub-group that could choose to opt-in or out of a specific project. "AnonOps and the PLF are both capable of creating huge "Internet armies". The main difference is Anon Ops moves with huge force, but very slowly because of their decision making process. The PLF moves with great speed, like a scalpel."[19] On September 23rd, a homeless man in California named Christopher Doyon was arrested, under charges that he participated online as a part of a group called "PLF", and as "Anonymous". [20] He pleaded not guilty to charges.[21]

en.wikipedia.org...(group)

While they seem to be a bunch of wannabes, the very origin of it may be more than just that..

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"Who are the anonymous?"

They are me, they are you. They are those who stand in the shadows and stand against injustice. They are legion. They are many.

Other than that, just a bunch of nerds who make threats and don't fulfil them half the time.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There's millions of anonymous people on the Internet. Some are loosely affiliated, but on a whole, no, there is not an organized group of Anony.

Most of the semi organized Internet protests have all been ddos blocks, which is less hacking, and more like a server overload via a sneaky program.

Other anonymous claims are most certainly from individuals acting alone, yet the media likes to call every single hacker on the planet Anonymous. Gives them a boogeyman to chase.

The ones you really have to worry about, are the ones who aren't afraid to show their face. Being, NOT Anonymous is actually a better statement to make, but that will leave some people open to less than desirable attention now, wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Honestly!

If we tell you who Anonymous is, then they wouldn't be anonymous! Duh!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I see. It also started as a meme on 4chan or whatever it was. But it seems to be growing into something organized. It has to do with what I quoted. some 'People's Liberation Front'

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

That's pretty correct.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

If you just simply do a search on Anonymous here on ATS you will find numerous threads on them.

Or google them. Or go to AnonOps. Or the Anon channels on youtube and watch their videos.

Anon is students, doctors, lawyers, cabbies, me, your next door neighbor, etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

From what I can tell... and this is strictly a personal observation, Anonymous is not some ideologically-driven bunch of digital freedom fighters. They are quite to the contrary, profit driven, politically rewarded and consequence blinded.

There are many good targets of opportunity out there to help people who are dying everyday. But the drug cartels are still killing innocent people in Mexico, the Chinese are killing ethnic Tibetans and Monsanto still owns the world's food supply.

Politics is cheap. Heroes come a dime a dozen. genuine human beings with heart and courage... are still quite rare, everywhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

They are quite to the contrary, profit driven, politically rewarded and consequence blinded.

Just curious, but what sort of "profits" is Anonymous pulling in from DDOS attacks or one man hacking attacks or by publishing peoples personal numbers and addresses?
edit on 2/13/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Just curious, but what sort of "profits" is Anonymous pulling in from DDOS attacks or one man hacking attacks or by publishing peoples personal numbers and addresses?

Once again, this is a personal opinion, not a statement of inarguable truth. I form my own conclusions based on information I am able to obtain from multiple sources.

Profit is not always strictly cash... or monetary. There are other ways an individual or group can profit from certain actions from others who approve of the same.

I suggest wading into the gory mess that we call the internet and browsing the information buffet... such as it is

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Best guess, CIA

When you think about it, they probably started out as a hacker group but have long since been used by the govt to aid in establishing motive for internet sopa and bills like it.

edit on 13-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Anonymous started back in the old days of BBS systems. Most of them would let you post anonymously and it would say Anonymous as the poster. Sometimes they would cheese it up and put Anonymous Coward. There are some old school internet people that believe in the free exchange of information.. There are people that disagree with that. Then there is the group of hackers that are calling themselves "Anonymous" . Anonymous is all of us, everyone, every internet poster, every alt, every handle, that is what it is to be Anonymous. "Anonymous" as referred to by the media is probably the CIA lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You dont know? The Anon that we see today came from 4chan in the random board,called
just "/b/" by its members.
Lost they all are.Now they are a the internet police that think they are god because they can download
the LOIC program and call it "hacking" to bring down a websites all part of some sick twisted
Game
edit on 14-2-2012 by JoshF because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
You dont know? The Anon that we see today came from 4chan in the random board,called
just "/b/" by its members.
Lost they all are.Now they are a the internet police that think they are god because they can download
the LOIC program and call it "hacking" to bring down a websites all part of some sick twisted
Game
edit on 14-2-2012 by JoshF because: (no reason given)

DDoS is the first tier of attack. A smoke screen, if you will.
Here's a copuple links to a recently hacked internal army document, provided by Anonymous.
www.mirrorcreator.com...
www.mirrorcreator.com...
edit on 15-2-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Read the first word from each line of that post I made. Sorry, you lost. And it clearly shows how little you and those that starred you know about anonymous.
edit on 16-2-2012 by JoshF because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
reply to post by mattdel

Read the first word from each line of that post I made. Sorry, you lost. And it clearly shows how little you and those that starred you know about anonymous.
edit on 16-2-2012 by JoshF because: (no reason given)

I'm not in the game. I left the game after Scientology and the V mask. Posting a reply in a cryptic form to try and lure me into some 4chan garbage is ludicrous and should be bannable here. This is a respectable forum for real conversation, not underage b& punks that think the surface Anon is the real Anon.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

My opinion is that Anonymous is just another Illuminati tool like Wikipedia. Both are controlled by Elite and made to look like grass-roots when they are as far from grass-roots as they come.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Originally Anonymous was nothing but highly skilled hackers. Then an idiot coined the term "hacktivists", sending them on the downward spiral. They tried to use their knowledge and expertise to become modern day Robin Hoods, but greed took over and most identity thefts in the late 1990s and early 2000 were done by both ex- and current members. Anonymous has been reborn several times and as of now there are several groups of hackers operating separately, not knowing who is/has done what until it makes MSM. One of the current groups consists of both CIA and FBI, the goal being havoc and chaos in order to gain the approval from Congress to take control of the Internet. That goal is part of a larger goal: a Police State. Sounds like fiction, but like a poster replied, do research and pay attention to YouTube vids, the true group always has clues to their next move, some more vague than others. The OG Anons had a thing about foreshadowing. They are worldwide but the Head is in the US.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by iPocky

Most are your everyday people. Think Fight Club. That movie helped Anon start the bigger hacking projects. Truth in fiction. You are right about now though, it is mostly minions of TPTB, and they ARE on all websites like Facebook and ATS. The radicals that spew hate and violence in every other post are the fuel that keeps the fire burning. Free Speech IS going to bite us all in the rear, because these radicals grow a pair when they can hide behind a screenname. And alot are just mouthy kids but TPTB do not take that into consideration.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I AM ANONYMOUS

This has been pointed out to me by many, as I spout anti anonymous posts...I really don't like the way that some who claim to be of that group conduct themselves.

I AM NOT WITH ANONYMOUS

So the obvious that is being pointed out by me, we all here with our avatars (and those without) with our nifty screen names. Each of us are anonymous

But, that is completely different than those who claim "WE ARE ANONYMOUS"

Of course nobody needed me to point this out...however, with me around...the obvious will never escape you

edit on 17-2-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: Because I'm good at the obvious, not so good at the spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join